Rear Motor Mount - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have my MS3 mount up for grabs in the Bst section. Was good I just wanted stiffer mount

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RED_ View Post
When I was deciding yesterday while I was at CFM I was able to look over both the E-focus rmm, the Steeda mount and have had the MS3 mount. Best bang for your buck is the E-focus mount, since it's stiffer then the ms3 mount but won't be harsh. The Steeda is high quality and gives you options for the inserts.

We're those only in store parts. I only saw this one on their website http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfm-performan...-focus-st.aspx
I probably would've gone with the steeda if I saw it.
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #73
ProjectCommuter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105046
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 ProjectCommuter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone get the FSWerks? I was leaning to this.....

http://www.fswerks.com/products/fswe...-focus-st-2013
Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #74
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102567
What I Drive: Black 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
That was the RMM I was going to get but I have been hearing good things about the focus electric RMM. It is less then half of what the FSWerks one is.

Future Mods: Coilovers, End-Links, Tune, and Brakes
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #75
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
I just read the thread for the first time - the whole thing, and it seems like the most "recommended" mount is the e-focus.

I like "spirited driving" .
is the e-focus rmm right for me, or am I better off going with Cobb or something?
the post below, ahsfba said that his "harshness" settled down "quite a bit" after a couple hundred miles.
Someone else said, I think amoosenamedhank, that once tuning is installed that our cars can take advantage of stiffer rmm's and also not get as much NV as without a tune.

i guess what i'm saying is... if I like to drive "spirited" and also want a tune, once available, which RMM is best for me? I plan to go to car meets/events in the future and would like to do some friendly track/drag competetion or what-not.

Last edited by mishka; 05-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #76
ahsfba
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102000
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ahsfba Good Standing Member
I have the Cobb RMM. It was ridiculously harsh at first to the point where I was considering putting the OEM mount back in (yeah, that bad). People would ask me if it was solid. After a couple hundred miles it has settled down quite a bit and it is helping me put an undeniably noticeable amount of power down to the wheels. It really feels like a 7-10hp increase. I'm now very happy with my purchase.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #77
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
I have the Cobb RMM. It was ridiculously harsh at first to the point where I was considering putting the OEM mount back in (yeah, that bad). People would ask me if it was solid. After a couple hundred miles it has settled down quite a bit and it is helping me put an undeniably noticeable amount of power down to the wheels. It really feels like a 7-10hp increase. I'm now very happy with my purchase.
What duro is that mount?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #78
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
If have to say the same about the Steeda RMM. At first I would have sworn it was a solid mount. Then it soften up a bit, really a good combination with the sts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
What duro is that mount?
The cobb mount is roughly an 85 durometer.

Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #79
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Just had Injected put the electric RMM on my car this morning along with an update for my tune I'm testing for them. I love the electric RMM so far!! No extra vibration, better clutch engagement, not anymore wheel hop really. Definitely a must replacing the RMM in general, especially for Injected's tune. Also I think it improves fuel economy. The car is at about 2,750-2,800rpm at 70 now when on the highway, instead of 3,000rpms. I think it's cause the motor doesn't have to work as hard because it's not tilted back like before.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #80
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok6927 View Post
Just had Injected put the electric RMM on my car this morning along with an update for my tune I'm testing for them. I love the electric RMM so far!! No extra vibration, better clutch engagement, not anymore wheel hop really. Definitely a must replacing the RMM in general, especially for Injected's tune. Also I think it improves fuel economy. The car is at about 2,750-2,800rpm at 70 now when on the highway, instead of 3,000rpms. I think it's cause the motor doesn't have to work as hard because it's not tilted back like before.
That... is not how that works. RPM's should be unchanged, as that is determined by your gearing (and what gear you are in), not how tightly bolted down your engine is.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->