How To: 2005 Foglight Mod - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #81
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98852
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZTS Twilight Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BIMMERKID21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
How do u get the relay back in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #82
Gobliz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101260
What I Drive: 2003 White (for now) ZX5 Non-SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Gobliz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I did it! It workz Foglightz forever!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #83
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

Me too and high beam
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #84
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

I have an interesting situation that has come up.. I pulled the relay Tried the fog hack.. It worked but I thought meh I lose functionality of one of my two lights...

Bottom right has a switchback bulb in.. Supposed to be on when in park or normal low or high..............then go amber when you flip the blinker... Above it is another parking light... And then four eyebrow 194 LEDs... They come on too when u turn on park or normal lights...

Now after pulling the relay and trying the fog hack....bottom right ( on driver side) and bottom left (on passenger side) don't light up white after putting the relay back in.. Only flash amber when you flip the blinker...and also additionally, my cruise control stopped working.

All other lights work fine.. Hid low, led accent high beam side, and the bulb above the corner turn signals work and the halos and all 8 eyebrow bulbs... Just not the white side of the switch back..MIT worked before I pulled the relay and so did my cruise control... After pulling the two wires out for the fog hack and securely seating the relay back in... Still now lower parking corner light and my cruise control refuses to work right now... Any tips?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #85
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID21 View Post
I have an interesting situation that has come up.. I pulled the relay Tried the fog hack.. It worked but I thought meh I lose functionality of one of my two lights...

Bottom right has a switchback bulb in.. Supposed to be on when in park or normal low or high..............then go amber when you flip the blinker... Above it is another parking light... And then four eyebrow 194 LEDs... They come on too when u turn on park or normal lights...

Now after pulling the relay and trying the fog hack....bottom right ( on driver side) and bottom left (on passenger side) don't light up white after putting the relay back in.. Only flash amber when you flip the blinker...and also additionally, my cruise control stopped working.

All other lights work fine.. Hid low, led accent high beam side, and the bulb above the corner turn signals work and the halos and all 8 eyebrow bulbs... Just not the white side of the switch back..MIT worked before I pulled the relay and so did my cruise control... After pulling the two wires out for the fog hack and securely seating the relay back in... Still now lower parking corner light and my cruise control refuses to work right now... Any tips?
mods.. sorry for multi post.. server seemed to be acting wierd it showed on my end it didnt post or said.. site doesnt exist or something else to that nature
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #86
Areol
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58857
What I Drive: 2004 Black Ebony Duratec 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 19 Areol Great Standing Member
So seeing this once again and finally doing the svt conversion, I want indie fogs but I want to know if anyone has done this with an actual relay switch and not with wiring. Let me know! And has anyone figured out how some 05's do this out the box?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #87
V8FordTempo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67291
What I Drive: 2007 SE, 2006 SES ZX4.

FF Reputation: 1 V8FordTempo Good Standing Member
put a slightly higher rated fuse in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C0nFused View Post
For 06-07 with factory fogs. To permit fog lamp illumination with high beams. The simplest method is to short relay C1050 - posts 87 and 87A. but be warned. High beam and fog lamps are supplied by the same fuse (F1.23). So you could end up blowing the fuse at inconvenient moments. Personally, I would not recommend it.
1969 Dodge Charger, 1977 Ford F100 Ranger XLT,
1988 Ford Tempo GRT, 1993 Ford Tempo GLO.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #88
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99052
What I Drive: 2000 focus ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID21 View Post
mods.. sorry for multi post.. server seemed to be acting wierd it showed on my end it didnt post or said.. site doesnt exist or something else to that nature
i have the same headlights.. 2000 focus.. i did the mod after i got head lights.. i hooked the low and high beam up.. then the led's and halos i hooked to my parking lights.. and the side ones are extra white lights on myne, i hooked them to my high beams i think. so idk havnt had that problem. maybe its your high beam relay went out.. an cruise control relay.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Areol
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58857
What I Drive: 2004 Black Ebony Duratec 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 19 Areol Great Standing Member
Did this on my 04 svt converted front with st170s... Looks awesome! I drive around with the fogs and city lights when in well lit areas. Do this ASAP if your thinking about it!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #90
nikbait
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98664
What I Drive: 2005 Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 nikbait Good Standing Member
I want to do this to my 05 ST, but my high beams won't even turn on! Not sure what the issue is.

The R13 relay isn't even used in my car. SO will this still work?

Bookmarks & Social Networks