Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 131 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #1301
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Looks reall good man. Now you just need to get a different rear wiper or delete it :)
I was debating on deleting it! I only use it a few times a year when it snows, so I would just go wipe the back glass before I got in the car I suppose. Although I was wondering if snow would even stick there, since the snow wouldnt have anything to stay on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
Bumper looks great as does the paint job. It will look even better when it's all sanded and polished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
This!

& that!

Real nice job! Your car looks badass now!!!
Thanks guys!! Ive always wondered, people keep saying it will look even better once its sanded. Do people usually lightly sand the clear coat with fine sandpaper or something? We never did that to the other two cars we painted, we just buffed them really well.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #1302
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
A lot depends on the quality of the paint job but I've always had to sand all my painting projects to get the paint surface truly flat before the polishing.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #1303
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Thanks guys!

So now for the pics, I uploaded them to facebook and IG, but they arent showing up on facebook for some reason.... Anyways, dont mind the sticky residue stuff left on the car. I cant use goo gone for a couple more weeks until the paint fully hardens.

Looks good!!
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1304
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
A lot depends on the quality of the paint job but I've always had to sand all my painting projects to get the paint surface truly flat before the polishing.
Ahhhh! I get it now. lol Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullet View Post
Looks good!!
Thank ya sir!
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #1305
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
No prob! Any more plans now?

Sent from Jeremy's iPhone
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1306
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullet View Post
No prob! Any more plans now?

Sent from Jeremy's iPhone
Daily drive it and fix things when they break!! hahahaha Nothing major, I will delete the rear wiper this summer when im bored. Im fairly sure I have a bad wheel bearing. Uhhh hmmm... I felt like I had some other little things to do. Im sure they will come to me eventually. lol Oh yeah short throw shifter maybe. Oh and im getting my exhaust cut down even more, getting a new tip put on, and adding a third resonator some time this weekend. But yeah nothing major, not until I move out and have the necessities. One day I would love to put my car on coils, and do a rear seat delete and complete my dream of having a hatch with wood/lanolium flooring in the back. haha
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #1307
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
3rd resonator? So loud you need a 3rd huh?

I have thought about some laminate wood flooring for the rear of mine but I know it would make it louder since they hard surface would reflect sound and not absorb it like carpet does.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #1308
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

haha noooo it still has a bit of a raspy sound to it when I punch it, since I dont drive my car a whole lot anymore I punch it more often now. Buzzzzzz is the response.

Yeah thats true! Hmmm maybe some insulation under the wood or something? although thats even more weight. lol

I have an appointment to get my exhaust done on friday morning. Weeee.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #1309
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

So I figured I should post some small updates, I havent posted in my thread for awhile. I am organizing the first FX meet of the season to be held tomorrow, im pretty excited even though my car isnt looking 100%.

I had the tip replaced and cut closer to the car. It looks alot better actually, and the leak is gone. There isnt any more room for a third resonator, so boo. lol

I just shaved my rear wiper an hour ago, I got lucky and my dad had a plug to put in the hole so I dont have to worry about it.

All of the tape is officially gone. I spent 6 hours or so this past week getting all of the tape and sticky stuff out of the door jams, doors, hatch area, and engine bay.

I found a rear trim piece from a member on here. Its taking him a bit longer than I wanted for him to ship it, but its okay. I will paint that and repaint the door handles when it comes in.

I got a new fender liner, mine flew off and dented my brand new fender, but I fixed it already. lol

Did I tell you all I got new lug nuts? Cant remember. But theyre black, and look way better than my poo stock ones. Half of them were missing the plastic part, and the locking lug nut looked stupid.

I still need to buff out the fisheyes in the clear coat! Thats the main thing on my mind.

My bumper is sagging, the new front one. Im not sure why, but its lower a good inch or so on the passengers side than the drivers side.

The fogs arent staying still, I need to redo the brackets or something. It bothers me, when I hit a bump, they point inward and I am always adjusting them. lol

I might be selling my subs, im not 100% for sure yet. Im going to possibly make an ad here soon, and leae them hooked up to my car still. I would probably ask a bit higher, like not super cheap. ya know what I mean? Like if someone feels like paying $200 for my system, then ill sell it. I have $320 or so into it, its less than a year old. So yeah, when I get around to it I will make an ad on CL. lol

I will take pictures tomorrow, so far only 6 or 7 of us are going I believe.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #1310
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Welp its been awhile since I have posted on here. Not much has happened in the couple months since Ive been done with the paint. I removed the rear wiper a month or 2 ago. I have also been doing maintenance stuff, which I have put on Facebook and on focus groups on facebook. But ill explain on here again.

I was on my way home from Louisville, when the back end of the car started to dance everywhere and I could hear metal to metal contact. I was like hermmmmm I bet that's a wheel bearing... sure enough, it was. It was ironic, because I just did the front 2 wheel bearings because they had been going bad for well over a year, they were making crazy sounds. Everything felt all better, but I was still going to do the back 2 before FF13. So of course one would go bad. Oh and I was in Louisville, no phone, and it was midnight. lol Yeah that's the majority of that story.

So its occurred to me that I may not make it to FF13 (SHOCK FACE.) Here are my reasons, this is also a todo list for me of things to get done as well.

The biggest reason is that I have a job test here in a couple weeks. If I do get that job, I obviously wouldn't be able to take off Friday. Majority of the fun would be driving in the FX caravan, so I feel like id be missing a lot of the fun there, and not to mention the events of Friday and half the day Saturday I would miss. In my opinion, its a long drive to basically have one day out there.

There is the money factor, I have no idea how much this is going to cost. I know how much my hotel is, and my car gets great MPG. But I have a really bad feeling about the whole weekend, im not sure if its because I just got left stranded in Louisville because my wheel almost came off, but now im super paranoid to drive my car. I hate the vibration in the wheel, I feel like I hear noises all the time. Then there is the whole deal with how much the show costs.... I have no idea! I signed up for the free stuff a month ago, and bought the goodie bag and that was it. Now ive been hearing all over about you have to pay $45 to be in the show. I DONT want to be in the show... my car is a turd, I don't want it judged. It was painted by 2 guys not knowing too much about painting a car. If I autocrossed my car it would explode. lol I just wanna park my car there in the parking lot with everyone elses, and let it sit.

Then there is the issue of the long list of things to do. Let me see if I can think of them all.
-fuel line hose (Dustin is mailing me one)
-rotate the tires (see if the vibration goes away, might be a bent rim)
-brake pads and rotors (brake pedal also vibrates under braking)
-Valve cover gasket (I can smell oil again, I changed it 30k ago.)
-fix this stupid front bumper (it sags still, I need to make more support for it somehow)
-support fog lights (They move all around when I hit a bump and unusable right now)
-wash and wax (I STILL haven't waxed my car yet, fisheyes and orange peel is everywhere)
-paint new non broken hatch trim, SVT mirrors, door handles (and maybe stock bumper, I may put that back on.)
-install all that stuff
I know there is more, but ive been running on hardly any sleep this last week and I cant think very well. lol Regardless, I am for sure going to go to the next focusfest. I will have a better car by then hopefully, something newer that I don't feel like is going to explode at any minute. I just don't know how to explain it, you just have to drive my car I guess. But I may still go, Im extremely busy with so much right now. It depends on how much I get done and how much I get done and if I figure out what all I have to pay for at the show. Honestly, I would feel really bad if I didn't go because Caleb (unbridledcarnage) would have to lead the FX group there without me. I mean he can do it alone obviously, but its nice to know you have someone else to help you about leading stuff. Not to mention I wanted to meet all of you guys sooooooo baddddd and see all the sick cars.... gah we shall see.

Bookmarks & Social Networks