Yet another 2012 SE Sport audio upgrade - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #41
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey HatWobble.
You did end up splicing in near the head unit, and running the amplified wires back through the stock wiring, right? I just wanted to see if you had any issues regarding that as that's' what I plan to do.
I also must give you a warning for the interest of full disclosure: I copied your build.
I'm dynamating (well fatmating), have the same amp, sub, LOC and rear speakers. My front are the slightly larger Polk db6501s.
You picked some top notch stuff, and while I was seriously considering some boston's for the speakers, it seemed like you were paying more for the name at that point. Out of curiousity, what size is that enclosure? I built a downfiring enclosure with .55 cubic feet or so, then stapled in some polyfill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_eff View Post
Oh I see. The wire that HatWobble mentions goes from the LOC to the amp, like you said. I thought he also had a wire going from the car to he LOC. Thanks for clearing that up.

My bad, HatWobble.
No problem at all, I have just scoured this thread as I'm doing my build as soon as the rest of my stuff shows up.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #42
ArcticGabe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86046
What I Drive: 2013 SE Hatch MTX

FF Reputation: 1 ArcticGabe Good Standing Member
I just found this thread. Nice install. I've been contemplating very much the same thing.

One question, though. Do you have any details (and photos, hopefully) of where and how you installed your sub box? I've been looking for a good spot in the hatch area that doesn't take up too much cargo space and doesn't have to be removed to change the rear stop lamps.

Thanks much.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #43
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticGabe View Post
I just found this thread. Nice install. I've been contemplating very much the same thing.

One question, though. Do you have any details (and photos, hopefully) of where and how you installed your sub box? I've been looking for a good spot in the hatch area that doesn't take up too much cargo space and doesn't have to be removed to change the rear stop lamps.

Thanks much.
I'm pretty sure it's just freefloating. That's how I did mine. I used covered spade connectors on a piece of wire, so I can disconnect it as needed and throw it in the garage when I need the space. If you're trying to not take up space, your options are to either pull the spare and install there, try and custom build a side enclosure (like the stock sub), or just go modular and keep it small. An 8" sub would be pretty easy to do, and you can easily get them that need 1/3 ft^3. With some poly fill you could go even smaller, so we're talking a pretty small package when it's all said and done.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #44
TrinidadJustin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108669
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TrinidadJustin Good Standing Member
Hey OP and everyone else. I just needed slight clarification on tapping into the wire speakers. I have a RF X600.5 5 channel amp and LC2i. I wanted to know if the speaker level outputs from the LC2i are tapped into the same place as the speaker wires running from the amp. For example the left front negative on the wiring harness is the white wire. So do i tap the front left negative wire coming from the LC2i and the front left negative wire coming from the amp into the speaker harness white left front negative wire? Do i tap them in at the exact same position? or should i tap the LC2i slight above or below the tap for the speaker amp wire i.e tap in two different places on that same wire. Look at the two pictures below. Also since this is LC2i I know I will only be tapping into the front the speakers with it but I have the same 5 channel amp as OP so ill be tapping into all 8 wires for that correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ford harness.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	35978  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fordharness2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	35986  

Old 05-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #45
KK_SilverDevil_712
Focus Addict

Fan#: 149474
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 KK_SilverDevil_712 Good Standing Member
i need help with this... i have pulled the panel apart, and i dont know which cable to splice for the LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO CAbLES.. what color? how bout my blue signal cable? do i even need it anymore since i am using the stock unit?
Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #46
Andy2002a
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 151426
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Andy2002a Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_SilverDevil_712 View Post
i need help with this... i have pulled the panel apart, and i dont know which cable to splice for the LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO CAbLES.. what color? how bout my blue signal cable? do i even need it anymore since i am using the stock unit?
This is from my sub woofer install

This is the pinout for the plug on the back of the radio

IF you're installing a sub you can connect the amplifier's blue signal cable to F37(sunroof) on the rear fuse box.

Bookmarks & Social Networks