Pro-Clip Phone Mount - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #91
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azqretin View Post
SkyPilot

Wow. That Kuda mount looks pretty good. Does it match the interior pretty well?

Also .. The site sells the basic mount piece that attaches to the dash. How do you attache the piece that connects to the phone? Do you just drill or screw into the dash piece?

It seems best to use a universal mount in case you switch phones so you don't have to re-drill new holes? I am trying to figure out how it all kind of fits together.

I was thinking of just getting the four prong connector and then using another mount that way it can be interchangeable with devices as long as it fits the four prongs mount.
The base itself offers a lot of space to attach the mount any way you want. The actually phone holder is universal you can use the included 2 sided tape or the included screws, I did both.

As for fit and finish, it looks like it came from the factory, it blends in perfectly with no gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
I see the Kuda mount appears to clear the 5spd shifter. I just picked up a Galaxy Note2 and its huge (awesome, but giant). Can anyone comment on if the proclip mount will easily clear the 5spd shifter in 5th gear with a giant phone in place?

Also, awesome thread. I love the information on this site.
The kuda mount clears the 5spd shifter with lots of space. Ive never hit my hand on the base when shifting into 5th. The universal mount that Kuda sells that I have will NOT hold the Note or even the 3S. My iPhone 5 with the case is a perfect fit with the arms extended just about all the way out. IDK if Kuda sells a bigger mount. But im sure there are many other mounting options out there if they dont.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #92
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
The kuda mount clears the 5spd shifter with lots of space. Ive never hit my hand on the base when shifting into 5th. The universal mount that Kuda sells that I have will NOT hold the Note or even the 3S. My iPhone 5 with the case is a perfect fit with the arms extended just about all the way out. IDK if Kuda sells a bigger mount. But im sure there are many other mounting options out there if they dont.
Excellent. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Do you think the Kuda base will accept something like the RAM mounts universal "ball" style system. I have that mount in other places already (Boat helm for holding GPS, Bicycle for holding a camera/video device). I would have already gotten thier setup for the Focus, however I don't want to drill/tape into the dash of the car, and I don't want the phone hanging off the windshield with a suction cup either. Mounting a RAM mounts setup to the Kuda base might be a decent solution for me.

Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #93
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmd55 View Post
i have a 2013 ST. Is there a way to drag a USB charging cable into the center console?

I have a Pro-Clip mount with the iphone5 pass-through charging.

I cant figure out a way into the center console without drilling.
I have my charging cable passing into the center console by the front. There were you have the closing mechanism, the cable can be tosed to the left and the mechanism closes without cutting the cable.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #94
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
Excellent. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Do you think the Kuda base will accept something like the RAM mounts universal "ball" style system. I have that mount in other places already (Boat helm for holding GPS, Bicycle for holding a camera/video device). I would have already gotten thier setup for the Focus, however I don't want to drill/tape into the dash of the car, and I don't want the phone hanging off the windshield with a suction cup either. Mounting a RAM mounts setup to the Kuda base might be a decent solution for me.

Thanks again!
There should be more than enough space, I would say the mounting area is 2"X5" thats a rough guesstiment, but regardless it gives you many options.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #95
Tytanium
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109829
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tytanium Good Standing Member
Are the USB ports in the center console sufficiently powered to keep a phone charged while it's being used for nav or pandora or whatever? I'm thinking about getting a proclip, but not quite sure what to use to keep it powered.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #96
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
I used the USB port for charging my phone while using Slacker and Waze, it charges it fine. I just didn't like the cable running into the arm rest. So I purchased a separate charge, plugged into the other power source (cigarette lighter?)

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #97
Tytanium
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109829
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tytanium Good Standing Member
I just don't like having the 12v port having a charger sticking out of it permanently. Running a cable to the center console seems a little less obvious
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #98
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
I use a power port > USB adapter that sits flush, and plug it into the socket on the rear of the console. It works great, and leaves my USB ports open for data.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #99
henryd1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114338
What I Drive: 2013 Black Focus SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 henryd1981 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytanium View Post
Are the USB ports in the center console sufficiently powered to keep a phone charged while it's being used for nav or pandora or whatever? I'm thinking about getting a proclip, but not quite sure what to use to keep it powered.
I just ordered my proclip the other day and should hopefully get it during the week. I got the one that mounts on the passenger side of the center stack.

I was curious as to what happens when the USB cord is plugged in along with using both Bluetooth streaming and Waze. It was only a 10-15 minute drive, but I think it at least maintained the level of charge on the battery. It does charge some if you aren't using the phone for anything. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #100
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
The factory USB port will NOT maintain charge on my Galaxy Note 2 while the screen is lit. It "slows" the discharge to make it all day usable in a road trip application, but it still drains. The two hour road trip from Indianapolis to Louisville yesterday had me using GPS, and streaming audio (over Bluetooth) the entire time. Battery started at ~90% and was down to ~80% over the two hour stretch. Plugged into the USB port in the center console the entire time.

I'm considering a higher powered USB charging solution instead of the factory plug. I don't use the USB for data anyway, so it's no big loss IMO.

Bookmarks & Social Networks