My Ford Touch Thread - Page 313 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #3121
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Interesting car tech article on Computer World today:

Here's why new car tech is four years out of date
Think you can upgrade your car's hardware? Not anytime soon.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...8&pageNumber=1

I say again, we don't need proprietary infotainment solutions in our vehicles, the smartphone can do it all. The car just needs to provide a mechanism to process input, display data, and amplify sound from the phone.

Upgrading should be as simple as buying a new phone.
Love how they are showing the BASE Sync with App Link as it is by far, the more technologically advanced of the two. That's why the MFT system is such a joke, it can't even interact with smartphones like it's cheaper little brother can.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #3122
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

Points 489, Level 9
Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Has there been any talk of a class action against Ford for MFT? It seems like we should be able to prove that they have been selling these systems knowing that they barely (if at all) work for a large chunk of people. We all paid a decent chunk of money to either have MFT as a preincluded feature, or as part of feature packages we bought (not to mention the extra $800 MSRP for Nav)

(For instance, since I put on 3.5.1, my GPS keeps randomly freezing, and will now take forever to acquire signal)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #3123
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
Has there been any talk of a class action against Ford for MFT? It seems like we should be able to prove that they have been selling these systems knowing that they barely (if at all) work for a large chunk of people. We all paid a decent chunk of money to either have MFT as a preincluded feature, or as part of feature packages we bought (not to mention the extra $800 MSRP for Nav)

(For instance, since I put on 3.5.1, my GPS keeps randomly freezing, and will now take forever to acquire signal)
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #3124
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
I really just want the thing to work.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #3125
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Points 489, Level 9
Level Up 78% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloflightleader View Post
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.
Actually, not to mention the fact that they sold people the car one way, and took features away also.

Yes, they are small things, like the favorites buttons. But whats to say that its not the feature that made someone decide I MUST HAVE THIS MFT THING.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #3126
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloflightleader View Post
I really just want the thing to work.
Everyone wishes it would work. Unfortunately that will never be the case as the system is wholly underpowered as it doesn't have enough RAM and the processor speed is too slow , and it doesn't have a big enough hard drive for storage. Ford will never be able to fix it.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #3127
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Points 489, Level 9
Level Up 78% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Everyone wishes it would work. Unfortunately that will never be the case as the system is wholly underpowered as it doesn't have enough RAM and the processor speed is too slow , and it doesn't have a big enough hard drive for storage. Ford will never be able to fix it.
It would cost them a lot of money, but they could always issue a recall to upgrade the components.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #3128
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
Has there been any talk of a class action against Ford for MFT? It seems like we should be able to prove that they have been selling these systems knowing that they barely (if at all) work for a large chunk of people.
I actually have proof in front of me that Ford is currently selling cars equipped with MyFord Touch with the knowledge that the system has "undesired characteristics" (better known as "defects.") In addition, they are purposely not revealing information about those known defects to customers before selling them the cars. (In other words, Ford is purposely misleading potential customers.)

If Ford isn't willing to make this right, then I'll be happy to share that proof with a class action attorney. I'm sure that would kick off investigations by many state AG's as well...

(I'm a bit angry at Ford... does it show? ;))
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #3129
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114168
What I Drive: 2013 gray focus Titanium MFT/nav,

FF Reputation: 1 Trol1374 Good Standing Member
Only issues I have in my 2013 is the stupid map that doesn't understand half the time the difference on being on an access rd or the actual highway.
Maybe we should compare to see if everyone has the latest updates. I don't have reboot problems, don't lose camera lines. But, I don't use an iPod or iPhone. I have an android phone.

Here are my updates:

SYNC Version
Gen2 - V3.5.1
DA5T-14D546-BB
DA5T-14D546-DB
DA5T-14F496-AH
DA5T-14F497-AJ
DA5T-14F657-AK
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #3130
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
At one point, I was willing to be more forgiving about the MFT thing. Now, I'm not. When I purchased my car less than 2 weeks ago, the "myford touch" technology that was advertised and explained to me was a deciding factor in my purchase. MFT wasn't an "option" in my vehicle (its standard in the titanium trim.)

Had I known that this "advanced" technology wasn't even capable of figuring out the time from a GPS satellite (and was stripped of the option for me to manually tell it to use DST), it would have greatly lowered the chances of me purchasing the car. Ford knew about that defect, but chose to hide it from me.

Had I known that my fully automatic climate control system would require that push buttons a few times EVERY SINGLE TIME I start my car in order for it to be able to figure out if the A/C is on or off, it would have also influenced my decision. Ford knew about and chose to hide this defect as well.

Had I known about HALF the defects I've already found in the system, three of which I have evidence that Ford was aware of before I purchased, I probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

It's not that I dislike the focus. In fact, I enjoy most aspects of it. However, I'd have serious doubts about making a major purchase from any company that can't get something as simple as a clock programmed correctly. Now I drive around paranoid that similar flaws might exist in the transmission control unit, or the ECU, or any number of other firmware driven parts of the car.

Maybe tomorrow morning, because I have more than 50 contacts on my bluetooth phone, the airbags in my car will all explode.

Perhaps when daylight savings time ends, my car's transmission will decide that engaging the clutch used for "hill start assist" when going 65 MPH on the highway would be fun.

All the while, Ford will respond with "normal undesired characteristic condition - no further service action is advised."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.