It's been awhile! (Short Story Inside) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's been awhile! (Short Story Inside)

Hey everyone. It's been a long while since I've posted any updates. Well I figured now might be a good time to play catch up! I've been a member here for years and have always Loved it! Some of you know me as I'm still around here and there. I've owned 5 Foci over the course of my Membership and my most recent one was a 2012 Kona Blue SEL.
Last Picture I took...

Well back in February I was in an Accident on my way to work, when a lady texting Cut me off with out paying attention leaving me no choice but to slide into her.

I was found to be NOT at fault. She admitted it to the officer! Lucky me I got no Ticket, but still had to eat my deductible because I rear ended her. It was a minor hit at less than 10mph. Just her and I, We were both fine and walked away. But my Focus was a total loss due to Frame damage and the Wiring harness. No airbags deployed. Anyways, I wound up in a little situation with the insurance company's. I Found an awesome 2009 Toyota Rav4 and was going to buy it, but couldn't finance until my Focus was paid off. So after a few months of driving a 2013 Subie Forester loaner the deal fell through. I've always been a Ford guy anyway and wound up finding this:

2008 Escape Limited with every option you could get in 08' except Nav. Yes That is an FF decal on there! Just like many other members now. I may not be driving a Focus but am still going to stick around! I was going to buy something new but didn't really want another big payment. Wanted to change it up a bit and got this for a reasonable price! Tell me what you guys think!
P.s. Sorry for the long read!

Last edited by xpeterbilt387x; 05-04-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sellout
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
thehubster
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
Wow. that sounds like it wasnt a very fun time. but you came out of it with a nice vehicle. My wife and i replaced her blow up Hyundai Sante Fe with a 2006 Ford Escape and i must say i love it. you got a good car there.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Thanks man! Hoping it turns out okay and no, It wasn't a fun time at all! Surprised with this forum... over 200 views and only 2 replies.... hmm.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
eh, alot of us have move on to different vehicles so not to worry. I got tired of driving a focus with an I think I can attitude and lackluster mileage and went to something that definitely can with the same mileage...lol
at least you got an older model with selectable 4x4 (think the auto 4x4 came out in 12).
not to bad looking ride. what were the miles on it?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
eh, alot of us have move on to different vehicles so not to worry. I got tired of driving a focus with an I think I can attitude and lackluster mileage and went to something that definitely can with the same mileage...lol
at least you got an older model with selectable 4x4 (think the auto 4x4 came out in 12).
not to bad looking ride. what were the miles on it?
Well It's not that I got "tired" of my focus. I still love them, I just wanted something with more space as I have a child and like to do out-door stuff as it is. Once I pay this off I'm probably going to wind up keeping it and buying another Focus or Fiesta. It had 75k on it and was a one owner who was a 71 Year old lady. All her records and even the old registration was still in it! I bought it because it was clearly taken care of.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I just couldn't do 5k mile trips in a focus anymore. ok for putsing around town and short trips but an absolute killer on anything more than 4 hrs.
I did look at the new escape because I like to hunt and such, but it immediately lost out with its automatic 4x4...sorry, i don't want it dissengaging at an inoportune time or not engaging when needed.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
autolite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46002
What I Drive: 2006 pitch black zx4

FF Reputation: 3 autolite Good Standing Member
I have a 01 Escape 190,000 miles and still running great I like driving it use it as a 3rd car and for winter now mostly.Only gets 20 mpg which isn't bad but my Focus pulls in the 30ths.Nice looking ride you got there.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
Black00ZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 104714
What I Drive: '12 Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 3 Black00ZX3 Good Standing Member
The damage didn't look too bad..congrats on the new Escape.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by old1030 View Post
The damage didn't look too bad..congrats on the new Escape.
Thanks guys! Yeah I didn't mind even the long trips in my Focus as it was a pretty comfy car. But I do like the Escape. I like how this gen. still holds the SUV appearance and doesn't look the same as just about everything else on the road. Also 2008 was the last year Ford used the 4 spd instead of the 6. But I still average about 22-23mpg in mine which isn't too bad.

As far as the Damage goes. I thought the same thing. But it bent the frame rail and tore up the Wiring harness. Which were both boogoo Bucks in themselves.

Last edited by xpeterbilt387x; 05-10-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Quote

Bookmarks & Social Networks