Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 198 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #1971
Turks
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113965
Location: Middletown, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrwhte View Post
Well, okay. I guess I am not as infuriated as that guy.
If your issue is the same as everyone else's...it won't be long before you are just as frustrated with FORD's lack of concern.
Turks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #1972
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic
 
HornedFrog05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97892
Location: Dallas, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

Posts: 2,277
FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turks View Post
First of all you admonish the other poster and stick your nose in his business. What business is it of yours whether he posts the same thing 1000 times?

Then you admonish me and act like a hero trying to protect Natasha who you self admit is of no help.

Then you say something stupid like why am I bitching here.

Doh! That's what this place is for to commiserate about what crap Ford produces.

As far as you recommending what to buy what makes you so presumptuous to think I need your advice.

The only reason I bought this POS Ford is because my daughter wanted it and she paid for it AGAINST my advice NOT to buy a FORD.

So do you have a point? I'm quite happy with my Lexus, Hyundai, Kia and Mazda. Anything else you would like to stick your two cents into?

As to bitching on line, hopefully others wont fall for FORD's bullshit about having a car adjust to a human. It's bogus and about the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard of but I see you drank their Kool-Aid. People adjust to cars not vice-versa especially since the same person doesn't always drive it.

I also hope that those that experience issues early on sue FORD under the lemom law or short of that unload the garbage they sell as fast as possible. If they wait until the warranty expires they will be stuck with big repair bills and a car worth even less.

Did the imaginary Natasha get you a new vehicle? No? Then you could have gotten any repair work done all by yourself. FORD put her here for public relations purposes. You didn't need her. I assume you're a big boy or girl.

Next time you use the word acost look up it's meaning first.

Here it is:

1. To approach and speak to boldly or aggressively, as with a demand or request. 2. To solicit for sex


Care to expalin how I acosted her and confronted her from a few thousand miles away and all while never having addressed her directly?



Anything else?
Dude, settle down. I understand you're frustrated and in this arena we can all voice our frustrations but you've taken it a bit past the line. I had to take my vehicle to 3 dealerships before I found one that I like and they were able to help me with almost every problem I had with my Titanium and you know how I did this with courtesy and respect. What you're doing is NOT the way to seek assistance.
__________________
2013 Tuxedo Black ST2
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
HornedFrog05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1973
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
 
Sonic_HedgeHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50003
Location: Albuquerque, NM
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Posts: 13,489
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Pump the brakes and every take a chill pill...

Stay respectful to each other and act like adults por favor
__________________
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Sonic_HedgeHog is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #1974
Turks
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113965
Location: Middletown, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Dude, settle down. I understand you're frustrated and in this arena we can all voice our frustrations but you've taken it a bit past the line. I had to take my vehicle to 3 dealerships before I found one that I like and they were able to help me with almost every problem I had with my Titanium and you know how I did this with courtesy and respect. What you're doing is NOT the way to seek assistance.

Just for the record I didn't ask for assistance. I came here to warn others that some cyber ninny employed by FORD telling people to call or write is NOT going to get their issues fixed in any permanent way.

The only way it will is when FORD owns up to the fact that the FOCUS is garbage and they used all us suckers to see how their trans would work in the real world. Now that they know it sucks I don't see them jumping to recall them and fix them, do you? They do it on a case by case basis so that most people's warranties will expire.

If it's such a great trans and is so easily repaired why aren't they putting it in all their vehicles? Why did it take you multiple visits? Remember back when GM was using transmissions marked with metric on the pan and they were an utter failure.?

As to being nice my anger was directed clearly at FORD until your nimrod pal chimed in just as you are doing.


Glad you're happy with your Titanium. See me again when the issue recurs and it likely will. And by the way, you brag that you had to take it to 3 shops and finally had it fixed. Do you see that as normal? You think that is an accomplishment considering what you paid? I don't. You should NOT have a trans problem at all if FORD built the damned thing correctly to begin with.

I've been buying multiple brand new vehicles for over 40 years and NEVER did I have such an obvious issue and run up against a manufacturer that lies through it's teeth as well as small group who drinks their Kool Aid and tells people to chill because they happen to like FORDs.
Turks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #1975
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic
 
HornedFrog05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97892
Location: Dallas, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

Posts: 2,277
FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turks View Post
Just for the record I didn't ask for assistance. I came here to warn others that some cyber ninny employed by FORD telling people to call or write is NOT going to get their issues fixed in any permanent way.

The only way it will is when FORD owns up to the fact that the FOCUS is garbage and they used all us suckers to see how their trans would work in the real world. Now that they know it sucks I don't see them jumping to recall them and fix them, do you? They do it on a case by case basis so that most people's warranties will expire.

If it such a great trans and is so easily repaired why aren't they putting it in all their vehicles? Remember back when GM was using transmissions marked with metric on the pan and they were an utter failure.?

As to being nice my anger was directed clearly at FORD until your nimrod pal chimed in just as you are doing.


Glad you happy with your Titanium. See me again when the issue recurs and it likely will.
I don't think any higher ups at Ford are sitting around a conference table laughing at all the unsuspecting MK3 owners. They handle most issues on a case-by-case basis because not all people are experiencing these problems. Some people actually enjoy the automated manual. It wasn't for me, but to each their own. That's why I ended up trading it in.
__________________
2013 Tuxedo Black ST2
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
HornedFrog05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #1976
Turks
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113965
Location: Middletown, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Dude, settle down. I understand you're frustrated and in this arena we can all voice our frustrations but you've taken it a bit past the line. I had to take my vehicle to 3 dealerships before I found one that I like and they were able to help me with almost every problem I had with my Titanium and you know how I did this with courtesy and respect. What you're doing is NOT the way to seek assistance.

Just for the record I didn't ask for assistance. I came here to warn others that some cyber ninny employed by FORD telling people to call or write is NOT going to get their issues fixed in any permanent way.

The only way it will is when FORD owns up to the fact that the FOCUS is garbage and they used all us suckers to see how their trans would work in the real world. Now that they know it sucks I don't see them jumping to recall them and fix them, do you? They do it on a case by case basis so that most people's warranties will expire.

If it such a great trans and is so easily repaired why aren't they putting it in all their vehicles? Remember back when GM was using transmissions marked with metric on the pan and they were an utter failure.?

As to being nice my anger was directed clearly at FORD until your nimrod pal chimed in just as you are doing.


Glad you happy with your Titanium. See me again when the issue recurs and it likely will.
Turks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #1977
Turks
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113965
Location: Middletown, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I don't think any higher ups at Ford are sitting around a conference table laughing at all the unsuspecting MK3 owners. They handle most issues on a case-by-case basis because not all people are experiencing these problems. Some people actually enjoy the automated manual. It wasn't for me, but to each their own. That's why I ended up trading it in.
There's the Kool Aid again. How about looking at it another way. They know they have a massive amount of complaints. In fact almost all these trans encounter the problem at some point.

So if they have a fix how about recalling them. Short of that how about also not dodging and giving lame excuses about it adjusting to the driver. I don't see you, them or Natasha addressing the multiple driver angle. Guess why? It's an excuse.

As to respect, I tried that. Know where it gets you? It gets you to making visits to the dealer three times when there should have been none or one at the most. Stop shilling for them. Whether you realize it or not that's what you're doing when you give them the benefit of the doubt when they know there's an issue.


So we're supposed to spend between 20 and $30,000 and just grin and be polite after 3 visits and be all happy and forgiving of a company who can well affod to fix them rather than make lame excuses? Should we bow and curtsy right after we bend over?


In the end you traded it in? Funny I thought I said that a few posts ago before the personal attacks began. The only person I even approached attacking was Natasha and it wasn't personal... it was factual. Giving a phone number and email address to people that already have it isn't much help.

Let me ask you this about that. Why do you think she is here when you can just as easily do anything she might do all by yourself? I'm curious to hear what you think about that.

The only personal attack for lack of a better way was the person who first attacked me. My so called ranting was aimed at FORD and their rep.



So you go on buying their excuses and the junk they build. Those that want to learn from mine and everyone's situation will hopefully get satisfaction. Me, once it's fixed, I'll unload it and rest assured there will NEVER be another FORD in my driveway ever again. And...I'll bet after you traded yours you didn't buy another FORD.
Turks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #1978
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast
 
Userdenied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116334
Location: Indianapolis, IN
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

Posts: 279
FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
This is the hardest thing for me. Transmission techs only work on the weekdays. I only work on the weekdays. I have a 50 mile commute (each way) and only one car. Do you suggest I just rent a car while it gets looked at?

Moreover, the dealership near my house is not much help. The dealership near my work is absolutely no help. I once drove some 30 miles to another dealer who still told me he couldn't replicate the issues at which point I paid $110 for his "diagnostics."

I'm not sure how many times I'm expected to do this, but if it's at least 7, it becomes cheaper for me to replace the clutch myself.
I totally get that getting to a dealer can be a pain in the ass, and that not all of them are helpful. I was mainly calling out Strix because I had seen several posts, many of them today, where all s/he was saying was "Ford sucks don't ever buy one ever for any reason' without much context. I felt that there were much better ways to express that sentiment that actually added to the conversation... In hindsight I should have kept to myself, but we're all human.

I wasn't trying to call you out, or anyone that is having legit problems. I just think that while complaining and expressing frustration on a forum can be helpful, a lot of that energy can also be put to good use complaining to Ford/Dealer.

Emotion in this thread has risen pretty high... way higher than I care for so I'm out. I seem to be in the minority here but I'm pleased with my Focus purchase. I really just read these threads because my sister has a '12 Fiesta with a DCT and I like to keep informed on issues/resolutions should she need help with hers.


Sorry to have stepped on anyone's toes over this. I know having a car that doesn't function as it should is frustrating as hell. I didn't aim to add to that.
Userdenied is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #1979
Strix
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85696
Location: Northville, MI
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Posts: 577
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
I was mainly calling out Strix because I had seen several posts, many of them today, where all s/he was saying was "Ford sucks don't ever buy one ever for any reason' without much context.
Here's some context:

My car had TSB 11-12-13 done in October, and ever since then, the car has had a vibration when the clutch for even-numbered gears sees a torque load.

Has Ford replaced the clutch a second time to fix the defective or damaged clutch that was installed in my car? NO.

9 months of bitching and moaning, calling Ford Customer service, taking the car to various dealerships... and still it's not fixed.

The source of my complaint should be obvious to anyone: my problems started after the clutch was replaced, therefore the problem is with the new clutch. Seems pretty simple to me... but what the hell do I know... I'm so stupid I bought a Ford. You shouldn't listen to anything I say.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to call you out, or anyone that is having legit problems.
I see, you don't think I'm having 'legit problems'... I'm just making this shit up. My car isn't really messed up... I just like having people think I'm a crazy .
Strix is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #1980
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast
 
Dylan1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 100905
Location: Denver, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

Posts: 85
FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you all check out my post, I believe it was #1931....no matter what anyone says you can't drive this car like a normal automatic tranny. You have to realize that this is a manual transmission without driver intervention....at least that's how Ford describes it. In saying that I will also say that you have to know when there's a problem and find a dealer who is willing to take the time to listen to any concerns that you may have. Fortunately for me I was able to find a dealer who has stood behind me and called Ford out on the issues I was having with my tranny. My car has been sitting on a dealership lot with it's transmission torn down since June 24th.....am I happy about having a tranny torn out at 13,500 miles, hell no. However, Ford has gone out of their way to make this situation as easy as it can get for me, including paying for me to drive a comparable rental until mine is fixed....which is hopefully only another week or two away. For all of you who say that Ford doesn't care is total rubbish, but the fact is they really don't have a fix except to have their techs tear down the tranny...which as in my case is basically a last ditch attempt to find the problem. Nobody wants a car with a rebuilt tranny, much less having one done at 13,500 miles but my tech did find some damaged parts and hopefully when I do get the car back it will be better than it was before. Here's praying for good luck on my part for a change......
Dylan1970 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.