FSWERKS Exhaust/Cold Air - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
hamiltonj2w1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114188
What I Drive: 2011 Evo X

FF Reputation: 1 hamiltonj2w1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FSWERKS Exhaust/Cold Air

Does the FSWERKS stealth catback produce any drone in the cabin at all? Also how loud is it in person videos don't usually do the system justice.

Does anybody have the stealth catback and the green filter intake combo how is your gas mileage now? also any significant increase in power? For the price these seem almost to good to be true. I spent over 1k on my exhaust for my Evo!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102567
What I Drive: Black 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I had the green filter in the stock air box and it droned terribly when I was at mid throttle with any kind of load on the engine. I had to swap it out for the ITG filter. The end of the filter is open on the green filter and closed on the ITG.

As for the exhaust, the stealth does not drone like the race version does, but it does drone on the highway, from what I have been told. This is why I am going with the magnaflow.

Future Mods: Coilovers, End-Links, Tune, and Brakes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
hamiltonj2w1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusTi View Post
I had the green filter in the stock air box and it droned terribly when I was at mid throttle with any kind of load on the engine. I had to swap it out for the ITG filter. The end of the filter is open on the green filter and closed on the ITG.

As for the exhaust, the stealth does not drone like the race version does, but it does drone on the highway, from what I have been told. This is why I am going with the magnaflow.
Ok thanks, I am wanting to do both of these mods plus Enkei rims with steeda springs if she lets me I think these black rims will look good once we get her windows tinted next week.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

No problem, glad I could help. :-)

Also, I like the rims a lot. I want to to do wheels and tires to but still not sure what to go with. Also, I like the stock titanium rims that came with the car.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
mlarz27
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112365
What I Drive: 2013 Pearl White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 mlarz27 Good Standing Member
I actually just had the fswerks intake with green filter and the stealth installed on tuesday. The stealth is pretty loud in itself. Very happy that I didnt go with the race. But it has a very nice throaty rumble to it, kinda similar to wrx in my opinion. As for intake noise dont really notice it to much. It does drone a little especially since i have the dct and if its hunting for the right gear. At highway speeds its really not bad. Mileage increase not sure yet as only had it for 2 days. Butt dyno it has some more power at low end and pulls much better throughout the rev range and better throttle response.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

It probably isn't has bad if you have an aftermarket exhaust but with the stock exhaust, it is all you hear IMHO.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Glockboy98
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97799
What I Drive: 2012 blue candy SE.

FF Reputation: 2 Glockboy98 Good Standing Member
I had the fswerks ITG intake for a month or so before I got the stealth exhaust. You could definitely hear the difference with just the intake. It wasn't excessively noisy, but a noticeable difference over stock. Once I put on the stealth exhaust, it's hard to notice with the new exhaust. I took a 400 mile road trip from New Orleans to Memphis a few weeks back...Not a lot of drone. Honestly, it depends on speed and where your engine is falling in the RPM range, but I varied from 60-85 MPH and it was never annoyingly loud in the cabin. I haven't really noticed a gain in MPG. Even though i've had the exhaust on for a few months, it's still way to fun to press on that skinny pedal while driving around. Currently getting around 28-30 in the city and I had about 36-38 on the highway with it.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
hamiltonj2w1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

She is on the fence now about an exhaust we will see though maybe I can talk her into it.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
There was a thread on here about burn in, so it's worth noting it will get much louder after a year or so.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

If she is worried about it being to loud then you should consider the magnaflow exhaust. That is the one I am getting.

Bookmarks & Social Networks