Shopping for a SVT Focus - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #21
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I see them from $5k-$8k
$5 gets a private party sale that looks to have been in an accident
$8 is dealer asking price on a 60k mile but like brand new.
(not one or two cars, but based of every SVT I have seen for sale in socal in the last year)

You might find one cheaper by a grand, you might not. You might never find one that's in good enough shape for the right price, you might not find one until it's too late and you bought something else.

At some point, the value of your time and the specifics of your situation come into play when calculating a good price on something. I like to buy used cars and parts cheap, but I throw away a lot of time and gas looking at junk.

One example: I bought set of factory 16" wheels for $50, but I spent $25 on gas, $20 to get the tires dismounted and disposed, $40 of paint supplies, and several hours repainting them. Really they cost me $135 plus eight hours spread out over several days; but it's a whole lot more comforting to say I bought them for $50. Can't even begin to put a number on how much time wasted looking through classified ads to find the bargain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
sandman503
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111841
What I Drive: 93, green, jeep ZJ

FF Reputation: 1 sandman503 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the replies guys, here in oregon, these cars are far and few between. right now on craigslist theres only 3 listed in my area (portland) and all of them have high miles or have salvaged titles or something else. I had to go down to Salem for this one, Seattle was my next option but up there everyone is asking way more and thats like a 4hr drive. I wound up getting $800 back from the dealer. So I paid $7200. The car is at the shop getting a new t-belt and clutch. Ive been looking for over 6 months and every car i looked at had been abused, crashed or just didnt have what I was looking for (non EAP). I was so close to just quitting the search and buying a WRX because theres millions of those around here. So glad I didnt. Ive got a unique car and I acomplished my gas mileage goal which in the end is why I started shopping in the first place. Did you guys know that WRXs only get like 20 mpg?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I think you got a good deal. Seems to be a clean car, in pretty much the exact spec you want. Hard to put a price on that.

FWIW I average about 30 mpg in mostly highway, occasionally spirited driving.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
sandman503
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111841
What I Drive: 93, green, jeep ZJ

FF Reputation: 1 sandman503 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I get it back in a few days, cant wait. Im thinking the first upgrade will be the skirts (Factory SVT). Where can i find these for a good price?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
HilloNative
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Nice car! Look well taken care . The zx5(five doors) svts didn't came with side skirts.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
04ZTSJelf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100701
What I Drive: 04 D23 Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 04ZTSJelf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
How do you find such low-mileage SVT's??? Around here I haven't seen one under 120k. and still for at least $4k.

Bookmarks & Social Networks