need help ztech missing and spuddering - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #11
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 2,842, Level 32
Points: 2,842, Level: 32 Points: 2,842, Level: 32 Points: 2,842, Level: 32
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 81%
Activity: 81% Activity: 81% Activity: 81%
FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ever think new motor might not be so new? Could be a new engine problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Jason1906709
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110909
What I Drive: 2000 Forest green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jason1906709 Good Standing Member
well the motor has 70k on it.. the guy had it all plugged up when i got it left oil in there and all like every hole that could get something in it with dust or anything was covered i got a good deal on the motor the guy i got it from dont need money very nice guy and family for that matter. he did a SVT trasformation on his car from the zx3 like mine and was gonna put this motor back in from the premium gas but then hit a deer so the engine sat in the corner of this business for about 2 years covered up and all and he said it ran good i believe him cause like i said really nice and all that and dosent need money has his own business and kept intouch with me with getting it in if it was running good and all that stuff so i really dont think its a motor problem
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
Jason1906709
Focus Rookie

i have no CEL on or anything i did test the bulbs to make sure they are working and they are... i just dont know what the hell is going on with it but the guy that put this motor in with me when we were putting it in and trying to mount it he did have a crowbar by the belts pushing on them so he might even streched my timing belt and it slipped when i started it im not sure but i think the timing is my problem
Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112498
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3; Zetec; MTX-75

Points 607, Level 12
Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Kodyston Good Standing Member
Might be your computer not agreeing with the new engine? (Just a wild guess? IDK) And I put some shitty Bosch spark plugs in mine that have 4 tips and triple platinum gold aluminum steel silver junk and I can stand anywhere near my car (mostly stick my head under the hood and/or listen to the exhaust pipe) and about every 10 seconds you can hear it make a slight popping noise where it's missing/sputtering. Is your sputtering worse than this? or about like this?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
Jason1906709
Focus Rookie

well i got mine solved! at last i cant believe what i came out with... crazy so i took my valve cover off to check timing here to find out while i was putting the rod on the cams i look down at a spark plug on the 4th cylinder there is the sparkplug socket rubber boot left on the tip...my eyes got wide and was like u got to be g kidding me... after all this shit... lol so i took the boot off then put everything back together still had the miss.... so i shoved a screwdriver in the 4th cyln plugin for the coil pack and put a pair of channel locks by the screwdriver here to find out the coil pack was not firing... so replaced the coil pack again... then put a new plug in it and BAM worked like a charm! .... now the starter went out... what luck i got... replacing that today at some point..
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Points 607, Level 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1906709 View Post
well i got mine solved! at last i cant believe what i came out with... crazy so i took my valve cover off to check timing here to find out while i was putting the rod on the cams i look down at a spark plug on the 4th cylinder there is the sparkplug socket rubber boot left on the tip...my eyes got wide and was like u got to be g kidding me... after all this shit... lol so i took the boot off then put everything back together still had the miss.... so i shoved a screwdriver in the 4th cyln plugin for the coil pack and put a pair of channel locks by the screwdriver here to find out the coil pack was not firing... so replaced the coil pack again... then put a new plug in it and BAM worked like a charm! .... now the starter went out... what luck i got... replacing that today at some point..
Told ya to check the coil pack. lol haha I'm glad you fixed it man.

Oh and have someone to try to crank it while you tap the starter with a wrench. That will let you know.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Jason1906709
Focus Rookie

ok so when i try to start it.. i get one click that is it nothing else the radio is on the lights everything so i got power its just it wont crank so if it dosent crank when im hitting the starter what else could it be? a relay?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #18
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Points 607, Level 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1906709 View Post
ok so when i try to start it.. i get one click that is it nothing else the radio is on the lights everything so i got power its just it wont crank so if it dosent crank when im hitting the starter what else could it be? a relay?
Did you keep tapping the starter? Or just hit it once? I would think if it's a relay, it wouldn't even click once.

Bookmarks & Social Networks