Seekinig the Best Ford Service Center in Los Angeles, CA + My thoughts on the 2012 focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: SoCal

Fanatics: SoCal Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Southern California area

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Seekinig the Best Ford Service Center in Los Angeles, CA + My thoughts on the 2012 focus

Hey Guys,

For those in the Los Angeles, CA area, which is your favorite Ford dealer service center? I figure not all Ford dealer service centers are equal. Mainly the ones with the best customer service, fast and reliable. Thanks.

h

Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy

Last edited by ViperThreat; 04-30-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Things I Learned about my 2013 Ford Focus

Here are the things that I learned about my Ford Focus that I could not have learned without living with it for at least two weeks.

1. It's actually a very nice ride. Smooth, quiet and downright gorgeous. I came from an SLK230.

2. The 18" wheels reduces the turn radius. Because my car is in the shop 3 weeks into my ownership for a headlight defect, I was afforded a rental Focus. The rental has 16" wheels. The turning radius of that is actually what I expected from most cars.

3. 160 horsepower is actually weak.

4. The intelligent keyless entry system is easy to get spoiled by. I love that feature. I was feeling for the start button on the rental and I was like, "What, I have to put in the key? This sucks." hahahaha

5. The My Ford Touch sucks. The rear view camera guidelines keep getting unset.

6. The service quality is drastically different than Mercedes. At Mercedes, it's "Yes, sir. We'll take care of that for you." At my service center, I had to argue to get them to fix the defect which is completely covered by the warranty, and he wasn't going to get me a rental. I had to argue for that too. At Mercedes, "Would you like a courtesy vehicle, sir?" I nod and minutes later there's a random new Merc waiting for me.

7. My Ford Touch voice commands are too rigid. I'm spoiled by Siri's flexibility.

8. MFT navigation sucks. There are addresses and intersections you can't type in, but you can move around the map and point to it. Too slow, too buggy, and full on aggravating.

9. I got 32+ mpg on my last calculation. (reset trip meter and calculator on top-off)

10. You know how when you buy a car and you start seeing your car everywhere on the street? That's been the case for all my previous cars. Not this one. Very few people are driving Focuses where I am and it's the #1 selling car in the world.

In conclusion, I love my car. I hate the service center and MFT. I'd like to hear your thoughts on your own Focus. Thanks.

h
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved this to the SoCal regional discussions as you might get better answers here than you would in the General Car Chat section.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
BlueByYou28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113923
What I Drive: '13 Perf-Blue Focus SE 5dr 201A Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BlueByYou28 Good Standing Member
I've had my car for exactly a week now. Here's some info on it:

2013 Ford Focus SE 5dr in Performance Blue with Appearance/201A Package. 17" Black Alloy wheels. Reverse Sensing System.

I came from a 2006 Ford Mustang GT with 300 Horsepower and a CAI w/tune so the loss in power going into this Focus is very, very noticeable but, I was expecting that going from a V8 to an inline 4. I used to be able to go fast at a whim in the stang, now I have to pick my timing perfectly when driving on the LA freeways.

I love how the focus drives. Super smooth and it corners the turns very well. I think I like turning in my focus more than I did in my mustang because the stang was a live axle and I'd be afraid of fishtailing in that thing.

The interior is awesome! Better than the stang. Ambient lighting, Sirius, Charcoal leather seats with Sync and MyFord (Not MFT) and I gotta say I'm diggin it. Leather is better in the focus than in the stang. Only complaint is that I wish I can tell MyFord to send text messages for me. I like that it reads my messages back to me.

I love the fuel economy. I was hitting approximately 18 mpg in the stang combined. I've had my focus for 1 week and I'm already at 29 mpg and that's pretty much 70% freeway traffic, 20% city, 10% open highway (no traffic) driving.

I have 17" wheels and I can't complain about the turning radius. I can bust a U-turn quickly.

All-in-all, I'm happy with my Focus.

P.S. - To add to what the OP said about noticing the same type of car driving on the streets, I'd have to agree. I'm from the Pico Rivera/Whittier area but I commute to Van Nuys/San Fernando Valley and I don't really notice other 2012+ Focus 5dr's driving around. I do notice a sedan here and there and they are mostly Silver, Grey and a few Black here and there. Don't really notice any brighter color Focus. Not sure why.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I forgot to mention one more thing I learned. The trunk space is less because this particular model has a full-size spare tire. If I look at the trunk of my rental, the trunk might as well be a cathedral. Mine, well it's small.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy

Bookmarks & Social Networks