Noob wants to get a Dual Exaust - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
VH5150
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97424
What I Drive: '14 PB ST2, '12 TB Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VH5150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was all prepared to do some valence trimming when I installed my Magnaflow, in fact I was hoping there would be enough adjustment in the system that I would HAVE to trim the valence and get the tips tucked nicely. No trimming necessary, and I'm really happy with the look (oh yeah, sounds amazing also).
2014 Focus ST2-9/9/13 Build Date-Performance Blue-Charcoal/Blue Recaros-Moonroof-Cobb Intake w/AIRPORTAL-Magnaflow-Breedt QuickShift Arm & Knob-QuickLifts-Garageline 20/25 Spacers-UK "Ford Power" Ignition Button-WeatherTech Visors-Rally Armors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i'm also noob looking to do a split exhaust, preferably dual split. I have a sedan so less selection for rear valances .

updates on your setup?

any suggestions for me? I've looked at the sedan dual exhaust thread and others.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Still work in progress, although the ST catback bolts right to the cat flange it's not indexed correctly to fit inside the exhaust tunnel, so the shop that started the work failed to be able to finish it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just the Steeda CAI and stock exhaust already sounded pretty damned mean even in a shaky driving video.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Steeda + only the front section of the factory ST catback while driving, lots more drone but sounds even meaner.

I hope that when it's buttoned up it will sound more mellow without the drone of exiting just past a single resonator like at present.

I'll have to hit up another exhaust shop, the first shop wasn't really capable of fixing things tonight.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
Personally want to do a Quad exhaust system with slightly offset tips as I feel it looks cleaner.

Something like this.

Waiting for a rear bumper that can accommodate this without looking half-ass. Will be doing this in the spring or next summer, custom hopefully as I really want to keep it as quiet as possible.
Looks nice on an STi. Would look ridiculous and try-hard on a Focus.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
mishka
Focus Addict

yea i think your right about that. I was just thinking today 4 exhaust is maybe a bit too much for the focus.

edit: I think if done right the 4 exhaust can look good. Maybe smaller tips.
Anyways I just found this on Bastuck (english): Bastuck valance+exhaust (select the "Focus 3 Turbo" option) It looks like the Bastuck valance is just the bottom insert, so it should fit on the Sedan, right? I know the rears are not the same on the sedan/hatch but that Bastuck insert looks like it should fit on either one.

advice anyone?

However those exhaust are for the hatch, so will the fit the Sedans as well?

thanks

edit: if you click on Bodystyling > Ford > Focus 3 > Focus 3 Turbo , then you will see the valances i was referring to above. It looks like they would fit the sedan too.

but all this stuff is in Europe so it's gonna be pricey that's for sure :/

Last edited by mishka; 04-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It's fixed and it sounds much better.

It's louder than stock, but quieter than running with an open exhaust after the first resonator. It sounds much meaner as well even though I've only driven it a couple of miles.

It seems that the stock st rear muffler/ twin tip just barely touches the valance in the double walled section of the tip, so I'm not sure if it will need to be notched at all.

With low throttle applications/ steady cruising it quiets down to near stock levels even with the CAI, but if you get on it you hear it.

To anyone thinking of doing something similar take it to an exhaust shop, it needs a little bit of work as the flange is not clocked exactly the same way so the pipes end up rotated slightly in the wrong direction. A couple cuts, and a few slip joints welded on the outside and it's all tucked in just like an aftermarket catback all for less than $400, and actually under 300 if you subtract the amount of money wasted at the first shop. Even the cheapest available version of the magnaflow 2.25" cat back cost more than that just in parts alone. The lowest I've seen listed for the hatch is around $500-550. So, so far I'm pretty happy with it even though the first place messed it up pretty badly at first. Started a job they were incapable of finishing.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
oktoberrust11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90598
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Ti

FF Reputation: 1 oktoberrust11 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VH5150 View Post
I was all prepared to do some valence trimming when I installed my Magnaflow, in fact I was hoping there would be enough adjustment in the system that I would HAVE to trim the valence and get the tips tucked nicely. No trimming necessary, and I'm really happy with the look (oh yeah, sounds amazing also).
Man, that looks really sharp. Is it this one? How was the install?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
mishka
Focus Addict

so will those bastuck valances fit the sedan?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Saw this rear valence, I think it looks nice:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fomk3_quad.jpg
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #20
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111130
What I Drive: 2012, Focus Trend Hatch Silver

FF Reputation: 1 spiikey1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
Looks nice on an STi. Would look ridiculous and try-hard on a Focus.
lol i dno if it would look try hard. I'm getting a custom dual exhaust installed simliar to that but with stock rear valance. There just going to cut out the sections for the tips to pop through. IMO it's going to look sick. Also i've lowered mine + the subby is getting installed end of this month which will add a bit of weight to the rear end lowering it slightly more..

If your about aesthetics of the vehicle, and not too fussed about performance, you should either a) buy a new rear bumper and buy a bolt on custom fit dual exhaust system. Or B) keep stock bumper and just get them to fit a dual exhaust with dual tips both sides and lower your vehicle to make it sit nicely.

Unfortunately ford made a mistake making the car sit so high up!!! but that makes my ride look better now :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks