Having second thoughts about the 2012 Ford Focus... Should I? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
and looking at whats available around the twin cities in your $13k price range, good luck with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
cfox248
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114044
What I Drive: 2000 Blue Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 cfox248 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
and looking at whats available around the twin cities in your $13k price range, good luck with that.
Do you mean other cars, or just the 2012 Focus? I've seen quite a few of the letter in the 12-13K range. Not tons, and they likely aren't for sale long. But I've found enough that I know they're out there and am willing to wait a bit until one with my specifications comes for sale when I'm ready to buy it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
and most every one in your price range is out of, or will be out of warranty within less than 10k miles.
every one I looked at was pretty basic and what I'd consider high mileage.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox248 View Post
Do you mean other cars, or just the 2012 Focus? I've seen quite a few of the letter in the 12-13K range. Not tons, and they likely aren't for sale long. But I've found enough that I know they're out there and am willing to wait a bit until one with my specifications comes for sale when I'm ready to buy it.
Hi cfox248,

How's the hunt going? If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Ford's Certified Pre-Owned site: http://www.ford.com/certified-used/ Plug in the specifics you're looking for, and it'll list the available vehicles in your area. Let us know what you decide to bring home!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Mazda3!
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
The Focus Won
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113442
What I Drive: 2012 Ruby Red Met SEL

FF Reputation: 1 The Focus Won Good Standing Member
Not a Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox248 View Post
I bought a 2012 Focus SEL MSRP $24500.00 In Nov.2012. Transmission problems, shifting, rolling back, dealer response "as designed" On 3rd trip to dealer a tech found an update for the DCT trans.Still shifted poorly 1st to 2nd. Car wandered on highway,steering pulled, not always,when applying brakes, dealer could not recreate problem. Paint peeling on hood, not warranted, pictures sent by dealer to FOMOCO, FOMOCO stated pictures showed damage caused "by birds/bees" in February, really. Interior lights would not come on when opening doors with remote. Dealer stated FOMOCO is aware of the defect, but do not have a fix for the problem at this time. Called Ford Customer service Feb.27, 2013, I was told that a representative would call within 48 hrs. I called again on March 4, 2013, I was told that my call would expedited. I received a call from FOMOCO rep. on March 5, 2013. told her my issues and was told I would hear back by Mar.8, 2013. I did not hear back from her. On March 18, 2013 I heard back from FOMOCO. I told her I traded the Focus in on March 17, 2013 for a GM. I gave up on FORD. I lost $3000.00. I had issues with the car, but when you cannot rely on the manufacturer you move on. You won't find a perfect car. Buy something with a good record, read a consumer report magazine. Good Luck
Old 05-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
scotie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99704
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 scotie Good Standing Member
bought a Chevy what?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #28
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Blah blah blah. Bought my 2013 and have 8k. No problems whatsoever. I love the DCT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using FF Mobile
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #29
mildc3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76504
What I Drive: 2007 blue sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mildc3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotie View Post

the SE no longer comes with the Fog lamps though. disappointing for that trim. may have to go Titanium since SEL is no longer offered in 2013.
not true, my 2013 se with sport package HAS fog lamps. or is that what you mean without the package as standard equipment?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #30
The Focus Won
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113442
What I Drive: 2012 Ruby Red Met SEL

FF Reputation: 1 The Focus Won Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotie View Post
bought a Chevy what?
Always owned Ford. Bought a 2012 used Chevy Captiva 11k miles or a rebadged Saturn Vue, GM is notorious for rebadging. When Ford abandoned me, I abandoned them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks