MFT now reads TXT msgs from my iPhone - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine still doesnt read txts :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nseah View Post
Mine still doesnt read txts :(
nseah - you have to have "Show Notifications" under your phone settings for Sync set to "On". If your pair your phone and don't set it to "On" initially I don't think you will see it if you go back and try later.

Try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
nseah - you have to have "Show Notifications" under your phone settings for Sync set to "On". If your pair your phone and don't set it to "On" initially I don't think you will see it if you go back and try later.

Try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

Thanks! I'll try those steps. I have the nofitications set to ON but not from the initial pairing.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #14
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nseah View Post
Thanks! I'll try those steps. I have the nofitications set to ON but not from the initial pairing.
Sweet! got it to work! Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103124
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 k1ngkev1n1 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Try this:

when i got ot he settings screen i dont see a show notifications button. I see text messages then i can choose what sound to make. but nothing about notifications. followed all the steps even did a factory restore then did it! help please!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #16
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
when i got ot he settings screen i dont see a show notifications button. I see text messages then i can choose what sound to make. but nothing about notifications. followed all the steps even did a factory restore then did it! help please!
Are you looking for the "show notifications" option on the car or the phone? It has to be set on the phone, not the car. On the phone it is under "settings--> bluetooth--> sync". If this is the case delete the phone and start over from step #1.

Let me know if you still are not having any luck after trying again and we'll see if we can figure it out.

BTW, you do have to have iOS6 for this to work. Won't work on previous iOS versions.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
I believe he's saying to go to settings for SYNC on your phone, not in MFT.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you looking for the "show notifications" option on the car or the phone? It has to be set on the phone, not the car. On the phone it is under "settings--> bluetooth--> sync". If this is the case delete the phone and start over from step #1.

Let me know if you still are not having any luck after trying again and we'll see if we can figure it out.

BTW, you do have to have iOS6 for this to work. Won't work on previous iOS versions.
Does the r have to be on. All the way or no?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:

oh and i have an iphone 5 with latest software updated.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Does the r have to be on. All the way or no?
"r"? Did you mean to type car? If so I set mine up with the car on. I'd imagine it would work as long as MFT is booted up even if the car is not fully on though. The key is to start fresh and get it all set up in one shot so be sure to delete the phone from the car and Sync from the phone and start with a fresh pair. If you pair the phone and then go and try to set notifications to "on" later you may or not see "show notifications" and even if you do see the option it appears that even if you set them to "on" after the fact the setting may not stick (as seemed to be the case for nseah).

I'm on an updated iPhone 5 as well so it should work for you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks