My Ford Touch Thread - Page 307 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #3061
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Why can't you just give the "pause" voice command?
My guess is it would sound like this:

Me: Pause
MFT: Unknown command, please say a command like 'phone, climate, radio'
Me: PAUSE
MFT: Calling No More Flaws Salon
Me: Dammit, I said PAUSE!
MFT: climate
Me: &$#@! are you deaf?!?
MFT: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #3062
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Why can't you just give the "pause" voice command?
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch999999 View Post

...plus, hitting power is still faster.

> Power ... it's off

> Pull Sync paddle, chime, pause ... even if you're lucky and it works, still takes longer. Usually you need to pause immediately to talk or something, so the button is ideal.

-------------------

And, ultimately, for those of us who bought a car with v2.11 and were sold the favorites functionality - it used to be so simple!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #3063
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
We need a mute button, my 03 sport trac had a mute button, nice to see technology going backwards
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #3064
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
We need a mute button, my 03 sport trac had a mute button, nice to see technology going backwards
^^^what he said. It's sad it doesn't have a mute button. It's sad it doesn't have a voice redial command, you actually have to hit the hang up button and then touch the screen to redial the last number called, very sad.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #3065
lewisra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
^^^what he said. It's sad it doesn't have a mute button. It's sad it doesn't have a voice redial command, you actually have to hit the hang up button and then touch the screen to redial the last number called, very sad.
If you hit the dial/answer button on the steering wheel twice it will dial the last number.

Not sure that works on all phones, but my with my phone if I hit send twice it does a re-dial of last number. So i don't know if it's a MFT function or just my phone.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #3066
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
If you hit the dial/answer button on the steering wheel twice it will dial the last number.

Not sure that works on all phones, but my with my phone if I hit send twice it does a re-dial of last number. So i don't know if it's a MFT function or just my phone.
Would try that if I still had the focus...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #3067
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:

LOL. While I agree that can happen with some functions, mine actually gets play and pause right without much fuss.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #3068
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Mine has started manifesting a new failure mode in recent weeks. About one time in every three or four when I switch to Bluetooth audio (or resume after a stop while streaming) it will start playing audio on my phone, but with the sound muffled in my pocket from the phone's speaker instead of streaming over the Bluetooth link. The screen updates with the song or podcast title, and the pause/play button will stop and start playing, but it won't stream until I do the now-too-familiar stop and open the door and start over sequence. And of course none of the usual remedial measures (delayed reboot, master reset, power-cycle the phone, re-pairing, etc.) helped at all.

I can't help wondering how much fuel I've wasted since the v3 debacle with all of these forced restarts.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #3069
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles copernicium. I remember you were always one of those that kept an open mind and good attitude towards those that were having problems with their focus despite yours which worked perfectly at that time.

Guess the gremlins caught up with you as well ;(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, I've pretty much abandoned hope and resigned myself to the fact that Ford will do nothing but take more and more cool features away, features that sold me on the system (the two that personally irritate me the most being the wallpaper-only screen option and the ability to set the star 1 and star 2 shortcuts to my favorites, not the two screens that Ford has decided are my favorites for me).

Mine reboots a lot with this version but most of those occur after the car has been shut down. I get in and start up all the time only to discover that a reboot has occurred while I was away.

I get the A/V In thing also but it is not what I would call a common occurrence but it happens on occassion. I shut off the stereo with music playing USB, shut down the car, and when I start up and turn the music back on, it is on A/V In and I have to sit through the screen telling me nothing is plugged in to A/V and get it back to where I left it.

Not sure what you mean by this one but I always turn the stereo off before shutting down and don't turn it on until it has totally booted up/loaded phone, nav, etc. in order to reduce the burden on the system during start up but often times, even though I had turned the music off prior to shutting down, it will turn itself on and start playing upon a subsequent start.

This is the one that really drives me nuts. Mine decides it has to re-index 3-4 times a week even though nothing has changed on my iPod and it has not been removed or anything. Sometimes it does it right after starting up (even though no reboot had occurred while shut down) and more often it does it out of the blue after I have been driving for a while. I can be driving for 15-20 minutes, listening to music, using voice commands, everything functioning fine and BAM! it suddenly decides it has to re-index for some reason (or more accurately no reason at all since nothing has changed and it was functioning fine). This means that until it is done, I have to physically interact with screen to browse and change music which really creates distraction and removes any safety benefits of being able to use voice.

Mine was very good with v2.11. After v3.0.2 it was atrocious, completely unusable. With v3.5.1 it is better but still not anywhere near as good as it was with v2.11. Dealership tried reinstalling 3.0.2 a couple of times and replaced my APIM but it didn't make a difference, still absolutely unusable. I was starting to think maybe the mic went bad and was going to look into having them replace it but 3.5.1 came out before I got around to it. Suddenly I could use voice commands after the install. The only difference between really good, completely broken, and functional but not as good as when I first got it was three different versions of MFT so it leads me to believe it is not a mic issue.

I am also getting sick and tired of telling it to play a song by voice and getting a list of 4 options, the first being the song title I said followed by nothing and the other three being the song title I said followed by three artist names, none of which have a song by that title. It recognized the song title properly but is forcing me to select the actual song from a list that is 75% fictional and that forces me to look at the screen which means I have to take my eyes off the road (granted it is for a very brief time but it is still completely unnecessary).
Old 04-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #3070
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post

I tried this yesterday and it worked - paired with a samsung android phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.

Bookmarks & Social Networks