Old lady car? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #51
Jim_J
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109775
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE with a shudder trans

FF Reputation: 1 Jim_J Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
I'll take that as a compliment....
That you blow hard? :lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #52
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, I thought I was buying an eco-box that was sort of euro-ishly fun to drive. Then, I got the first one home and found this forum, and thought OMG I am driving a 20 year old's "moar low because race car" (see my Latin motto which makes fun of that in my signature) vehicle. I have since noticed that there are all types up in here.
I like going on an 1800-mile trip and averaging 38+mpg, and I like pulling around a half g on turns occasionally. I'm 60 but I'm really no different behind the wheel than when I was 18 and owned a 69 GTO ragtop with a 455 H.O. Ram Air that made me appreciate MPG.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus805 View Post
Well, I am in the early 50's male demographic. Definitely grey haired. At 20 I owned a Datsun 510, lowered and dual carbed.
Now there's a blast from the past. I had a 510 2-door back in the day, 50-series tires, dual carbs, jamming stereo. That thing was a chick magnet and a total blast to drive. I have quite a few fond memories in that car, wish I still had it. You don't see them very often anymore.

As for the Focus, I don't consider it a girly/old lady car at all. I've seen all age groups and genders driving them around my area. Some rentals, some fleet vehicles, some appear to be owned or leased. It's just a fun economical car that appeals to a wide demographic and that's pretty cool imo.

Oh yeah, I am coming up on 50 myself.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #54
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
I am 50, so far.
The ONLY reason I don't have the ST version is that it is only offered with a manual. I have driven those 2 times in my entire life... Both times, I was said to have been 'burning the clutches' and the owners shut me off.

I wanted the power, I had the money/credit but they refuse to offer an auto or "electronically controlled manual" with it (Scum sucking maggots...)

Vroom, vroom...

Please keep Kay, The Red Comet, in her new persona of mileage junky from being in front of me (We live in the same area).

Why do we not have a prayer Icon?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #55
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post

Please keep Kay, The Red Comet, in her new persona of mileage junky from being in front of me (We live in the same area).
Not sure what you're getting at here. And same 'area' nothing. I'm like, right there. While most of my time is spent in CT, I also live in East Springfield off of St. James.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #56
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
Not sure what you're getting at here. And same 'area' nothing. I'm like, right there. While most of my time is spent in CT, I also live in East Springfield off of St. James.
So, your up also. (Awake I mean)
Damn, your very near me, scary thought that ... Sixteen acres here. Off S. Branch Parkway near Veterans golf course.
I did read something from you about slowing down, and another thread about you being mileage queen and striving to do better and the pleasure of keeping the more testosterone enable frustrated.
I did see a rather beautiful Candy Red Focus Ti today (first time, damn, that is good looking) and they were crawling, I don't suppose you were in Chicopee today at about 2:20PM this afternoon, were you? They were doing the mileage/old lady crawl

Nothing personal here, 'observations from your posts' and I had no idea you were near me, not that it would have made a difference, you have always been upfront about your current goals - Mileage (asides about your "Past" and speedy life )

Actually, I rather like your posts, I think I may have clicked on that Icon for ratings at some time in the positive. Don't let my style fool you, I like what you write and I always look forward to your posts.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #57
RedComet
Focus Addict

I like getting good mileage like anyone else, but I generally hot-foot it everywhere. Don't quite know how you got an impression otherwise! :D Though, I have remarked a couple times that if I were a little better about that, I could get those MPGs up. But, considering I have intake, exhaust, short-throw, and soon a tune on my Mk.3, my goals should be obvious. :) I usually never drive exactly the speed limit, unless followed by the cops or in an area where I know they lurk. Down in CT you have to pretty much do 10-15 above to not get run off the road, even on surface streets.

I wasn't in Chicopee today. I drive an SE. :) If you see me, you'll know it. But, I do my grocery shopping in Chicopee usually.

LOL, keeping the 'testosterone enabled frustrated'. :D That's a good one. And thanks for the kind words.
Kay - HN#79

V - Power* Junkie
Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #58
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I like getting good mileage like anyone else, but I generally hot-foot it everywhere. Don't quite know how you got an impression otherwise!
So. That wasn't you in the mileage thread(s)? Hmmm. A Comet impersonator, I like the concept.

Quote:
I wasn't in Chicopee today. I drive an SE. :) If you see me, you'll know it. But, I do my grocery shopping in Chicopee usually.

LOL, keeping the 'testosterone enabled frustrated'. :D That's a good one. And thanks for the kind words.
I work in Chicopee, was just travelling through and saw it, not so many so far.

Your welcome. I like your posts, informative for the most part. One of the better posters here.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #59
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
The Focus definelty appeals to women much more than any other car I've owned for a while. When I drive my STI I rarely get even looks from women but I do draw the attention of men of all ages and on the street I draw attention alot from Porsches,BMWs and of course the V8 crowd.
When i'm in the Focus I get most of my compliments from young girls to 60 year old women wondering what kind of car it is. I rarely get attention from guys and nobody asks me to lift the hood which is a common request when I have the STI parked.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #60
RedComet
Focus Addict

An STI generally always catches my eye. :D Love the damn things.
Kay - HN#79

V - Power* Junkie

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->