Cooper Zeon RS3-A? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cooper Zeon RS3-A?

I drove my new car tonight..picking up tomorrow from dealer. Great car! Interesting to me was the tires on this 2013 SE w/201a were Cooper Zeon RS3-As instead of Conti's that were another that I test drove. Any opinions of these? Seem great to me..but I am easy to please.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think the Cooper is a far better tire than the conti, but that's just personal opinion of course.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
I drove my new car tonight..picking up tomorrow from dealer. Great car! Interesting to me was the tires on this 2013 SE w/201a were Cooper Zeon RS3-As instead of Conti's that were another that I test drove. Any opinions of these? Seem great to me..but I am easy to please.
Seems like a mid run production supply change, either due to a lack of availability of the 215/50/r17 continentals or a move made to either improve the product or cost them less.

When I was walking around the dealer lot earlier in the week most of the 17" Focus wheels still had the Contiprocontacts, but there were two or three with these Coopers. I'm guessing these were newer cars and that they changed the o.e. tire supplier for this size on this car.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
jsr72
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97393
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 5 jsr72 Good Standing Member
The Zeon is the new 17" tire. The 17" ContiPro has supposedly gone out of production.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Believe me...I am glad. I don't a single person with OEM Conti's that has said a single positive thing about them from uneven wear and noise to them lasting 20K miles. We use Coopers on our trucks at work..I have had them and thought they were great!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr72 View Post
The Zeon is the new 17" tire. The 17" ContiPro has supposedly gone out of production.
If its out of production how come it's not listed as being on clearance elsewhere such as tire rack?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If I remember our news letter correctly consumer reports ranked the rs3-a pretty high, I think actually number 1 in its segment. Ford also made the switch and started running this as the O.E. tire on at least 1 or 2 other vehicles also. We sell them and so far they seem to be a good ride and handling tire, we have had no complaints from customers as far as that goes. My opinion though is that they seem to wear fast, however I can seem to say that about 75% of the tires sold anymore.

They also make the Cooper RS3-S which is the 20,000 mile warranty sport version. I purchased a set for my spare 17's but have yet to run them. In my opinion they look like a pretty nice tire and I am hopeful to try them this summer to compare them to my Kumho XS, which I have also and still have yet to put a single mile on.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Also wanted to say

Although some people may not like Cooper it has to perform better then the O.E. Continentals that came standard on Fords. O.E. Continentals in most cases are the most worthless thing I have ever seen, constantly replacing them at 20,000 miles or less on some vehicles. If you read customer reviews on any of their lower line O.E. tires off of their website the #1 complaint is lack of mileage. If you want to spend some money there are good Continentals but if you are going cheap you might as well buy an off brand.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Most OEM tires don't last v. long so I am not worried about that...as long as they are quiet and wear evenly I am good. Would probably replace with Michelins when they wear out.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
mainest
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60163
What I Drive: '04 Red Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 7 mainest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I have had the Coopers on my SVT in 215/45/17 since last January when I purchased them for the drive back to Maine, from Tulsa, where I purchased the car. The Consumer Reports rating was one of the primary reasons for my purchase, and I must say, I am very pleased with their performance. They got us through an ice storm in Indiana that had I-70 closed. They are quiet (as is possible in an SVT) on the highway, very good in all types of rain, seem to be wearing quite well after almost 11K miles, and have respectable grip. And, they were a bargain at less than $100. each.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->