anyone interested in a raffle of a focus svt *CLOSED* - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
loc0gring0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85659
What I Drive: not enough spaces to list all

FF Reputation: 1 loc0gring0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
anyone interested in a raffle of a focus svt *CLOSED*

thinking of having a raffle for my focus svt.. it seems to be going on everywhere these days so I figure have a raffle for 1 of my focus svt.. would anyone be interested? if I can get enough people im open to the idea..
feed back please!!!!

04 saleen n2o weekend warrior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
How much?
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
loc0gring0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85659
What I Drive: not enough spaces to list all

FF Reputation: 1 loc0gring0 Good Standing Member
im thinking 10 or 20 a ticket... not really sure.. just seeing if I can get interest
04 saleen n2o weekend warrior

Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Umm YES lol for sure !

Sent from my LG-LG730 using FF Mobile

Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Raffles WILL NOT BE ALLOWED on FocusFanatics.com The site falls under laws of the State of Texas. In the state of Texas Raffles are considered Gambling which is Unlawful and Illegal.

Quote:
Raffles in Texas: Know the Law

[updated: 5/10/2010]
We have become aware of a proliferation of illegal raffle activity in Texas. It is important for Texans to be familiar with the law before conducting or participating in a raffle.

Examples of unlawful raffles include any raffle that is:
conducted by an individual
conducted by a for profit business
conducted by a charity that does not qualify

Texas law allows only certain charitable and nonprofit organizations to conduct raffles to support their charitable causes. Only the following entities which meet certain qualifications are permitted to hold raffles:
religious societies
volunteer emergency medical service providers
volunteer fire departments
qualified nonprofit organizations

In order to conduct a raffle legally, a nonprofit organization must have, among other criteria, an exemption from federal taxes under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code. A qualified nonprofit must also have been in existence for three years. The law permits only two raffles per calendar year, requires several disclosures printed on tickets, and limits the value of prizes purchased by the organization to $50,000, or $250,000 if the purchased prize is a residential dwelling.

It is also against the law to hold a raffle in which cash, or anything readily convertible to cash, is offered as a prize, or which is promoted statewide or through paid advertising, including television, radio or newspapers.

An unlawful raffle could be considered illegal gambling, which may carry criminal penalties. A county attorney, district attorney or the attorney general may also shut down an illegal raffle.

The Office of the Attorney General is prohibited by law from providing legal advice to individuals. If you contemplate conducting a raffle for fundraising purposes, you should read the Charitable Raffle Enabling Act (which went into effect January 1, 1990) carefully and consult a private attorney with any questions. You should also avoid participating in an illegal raffle. For more information, you can visit our Web site and read our online consumer protection brochure on charitable raffles.

Greg Abbott
Attorney General of Texas
https://www.oag.state.tx.us/alerts/a...p?id=58&type=1

This Thread is now CLOSED but will be left in place for Information purposes.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->