Removing the panel for the audio wiring harness - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
ShankRabbit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113146
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 ShankRabbit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Removing the panel for the audio wiring harness

I'm working on getting a sub and amp installed in a 2013 SE sedan. (Huge shout out to HatWobble and his write up. )

I'm trying to get to the wiring harness to tap into the speakers and route to a LOC, however I can't get the panel off. I'm either a huge weakling or I'm missing something about getting this last little peg to let go.

I read somewhere that this should be a torx bolt... which is clearly isn't. I've tried giving it the whole "stubborn snap" heave ho, but felt like I was about to do too much damage.

Am I missing something - or does it just need an extra bit a strength?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
its not a torques i have a 12 and its the same. Im not 100% sure but i had the same trouble and gave up... i thought you jsut had to put a small rod(like metal coat hanger) in the hole in the middle but i couldnt get it to work.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
ShankRabbit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113146
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 ShankRabbit Good Standing Member
Sorry you couldn't get it either, but at least you validated that I'm not a total sissypants.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Hey bro...Just wanted to let you know I figured out how to get that panel off. I was routing wires for my laser jammer and decided to just give it hell. Here is how I did it:

1. Remove cover plate on the front
2. Look right beside passenger seat and pull lightly to separate the front and back side...there 2 clips there
3. Go back up near the front and pull really hard right by that push pin...if u can get one hand on each side behind it and pull like hell, should come out with no breakage.
4. then you will need to pull down to separate it from the console top trim.

hope this helps.

Last edited by dbenney; 04-16-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks