What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 47 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 402 28.19%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 780 54.70%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 204 14.31%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.81%
Voters: 1426. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #461
evenglarik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113494
What I Drive: 2003, silver, focus

FF Reputation: 1 evenglarik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh and my car is a 2003 Focus that has over 100,000 miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #462
evenglarik
Focus Rookie

Also, I can start the engine right after it goes off.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #463
DerbyCityGinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106672
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 DerbyCityGinger Good Standing Member
I love my car, but damn is it expensive. I've already gone through one 4F27E transmission and the one I had put in like 18 months ago is starting to go. It's probably just my driving though.

Last edited by DerbyCityGinger; 04-25-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #464
Bonesz03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109294
What I Drive: 02 InfraRed SVTF, 03 InfraRed SVTF

Points 443, Level 8
Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Bonesz03 Good Standing Member
Currently my SVT is in the shop for water damage :/ Cold Air Intake + New England weather = Death to Focus
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #465
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112498
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3; Zetec; MTX-75

Points 607, Level 12
Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Kodyston Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenglarik View Post
So I will start off this post by admitting to my total lack of knowledge and ignorance about cars... That is why I am posting this to get some information.

My car's speedometer use to go in and out and then I got a bunch of repairs done and it seemed to be working fine. Recently I had a car merge into the right side of my car and had to get the front passenger door fixed.

Friday my speedometer totally quit working on my way to work. Then the odometer also went out (there were just a bunch of dashes where numbers should have been). Then as I was slowing down to make a left, my car completely turned off. This happened two more times throughout the day when I tried to take it in to get looked at. The guy who I brought it to who is super reliable said he had no clue and so my car is currently at the dealership. The dealership will not be able to look at it until tomorrow to try and figure out what is wrong with it. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be wrong with my car? And how much it will be to get it fixed?
You might be able to get more help to your question if you post your problem here ---> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=47

Just make sure you know which engine you have and all that good stuff and I'm sure someone else has had the same problem and will be able to help you. Or you can do a forum search. Someone might have already asked and someone could have answered and it helped them out. You never know.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #466
evenglarik
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodyston View Post
You might be able to get more help to your question if you post your problem here ---> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=47

Just make sure you know which engine you have and all that good stuff and I'm sure someone else has had the same problem and will be able to help you. Or you can do a forum search. Someone might have already asked and someone could have answered and it helped them out. You never know.
Thank you! :)
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #467
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Points 607, Level 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenglarik View Post
Thank you! :)
No problem my fellow Foci lover, Hahaha.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #468
kenban
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112858
What I Drive: 2013 Silver Ingot Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kenban Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyerregret View Post
I have a 2013 Focus SE, Noisy transmission began after first week of driving. Then, rolling backward unabated, while the transmission is in Drive- when I prepare to pull out into traffic on steep hills. My Focus loaner does the same thing. Why? Isn't a car supposed to stay still when in drive when the brake is released? I have never owned a vehicle that would roll backwards down a hill when in Drive. Until I bought this one! The Ford service shop "cannot replicate the problem", they need to use my hill!
I do not feel at all comforable with my loved ones using this car. With all the experience Ford has making cars, why is it Ford insists on putting the public at risk by offering for sale such shoddy engineering and workmanship. The Ford engineers state they know and admit there is a problem, but do not have a fix. Yet, they insist it is safe for us to drive the car until they can get their act together, whenever that may be. Ford is offering us no solution. They want us to drive this car, despite the obvious safety issue to the public.
Other than this huge failure, I like so much about the rest of the car. We are so disappointed, wanted a nice, safe, economical small car. But now are the irritated owners of noisy, unsafe, big hassle, that the mechanics at dealership won't fix. Lovely. Just Lovely.
I can't comment on the noise but there is no issue with the fact that the car can roll backwards on a hill. The DCT while it mostly works like an automatic transmission is in reality a manual transmission, except in this case the car operates the gears for you. Any manual will roll backwards on a hill even if it is in gear. You must either keep your foot on the brake or push on the gas some. Before automatic transmissions all cars worked this way. All manual transmissions still do.

To answer the question... "Isn't a car supposed to stay still when in drive when the brake is released?" No, the point of taking your foot off the brake is to allow the car to move. Your supposed to have the brake on at all times you don't want the car to be moving.

To assist people who are not familiar with driving a stick shift the car actually continues to apply the brakes for either 2 or 3 seconds after you release the brake pedal so that you have a chance to get your foot on the gas on a hill.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #469
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Points 607, Level 12
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenban View Post
I can't comment on the noise but there is no issue with the fact that the car can roll backwards on a hill. The DCT while it mostly works like an automatic transmission is in reality a manual transmission, except in this case the car operates the gears for you. Any manual will roll backwards on a hill even if it is in gear. You must either keep your foot on the brake or push on the gas some. Before automatic transmissions all cars worked this way. All manual transmissions still do.

To answer the question... "Isn't a car supposed to stay still when in drive when the brake is released?" No, the point of taking your foot off the brake is to allow the car to move. Your supposed to have the brake on at all times you don't want the car to be moving.

To assist people who are not familiar with driving a stick shift the car actually continues to apply the brakes for either 2 or 3 seconds after you release the brake pedal so that you have a chance to get your foot on the gas on a hill.
Very well put. I agree.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #470
FocusRus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109798
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Sedan SE

Points 340, Level 6
Points: 340, Level: 6 Points: 340, Level: 6 Points: 340, Level: 6
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 FocusRus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Boy, I wish I could get my hands on the engineer(s) who designed that passenger side motor mount . Idiots....lol
SR#269 'I know where the 'zetec' kicks in....'

Bookmarks & Social Networks