Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 129 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #1281
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Awesome. I can't wait to see the progress on this, and more importantly, the finished product.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #1282
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
Awesome. I can't wait to see the progress on this, and more importantly, the finished product.
Thanks man! me too. You seem to be the only one interested. :P haha kidding, im sure other people read and just dont post like I do.

Okay more small updates, my family just left a few minutes ago so I have a short amount of time before I have to go to work. Friday all I did was remove the plastic shroud that was all cracked. Saturday I removed the rest of the sticky residue from my car from the trim. I also worked on the turn signal holes more, and glued the plastic bracket onto the new bumper and perfected the holes. Wednesday and Thurday is being dedicated to sanding the whole car, hopefully by friday when I leave to go to LBL, I will have the car all ready for paint. Monday (The day after I get back) is supposed to be 70! Same with Tuesday, the only problem is I would have to take off again, 4 days in a row. So we will see what happens.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 04-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #1283
stealthzx3
Enthusiast

Fan#: 94260
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
This thread needs moar pics.

2003 EAP SVT #2752
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #1284
FocusRus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109798
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 3 FocusRus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Yes, yes, yes.......more pics....you know how it goes!
SR#269 'I know where the 'zetec' kicks in....'
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #1285
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

More updatessss. The pictures are on facebook for now, once everything is said and done with I will post the pictures in this thread as well. Lets see, I will try to list everything I did today.

First off, I went to go over to ryans and my car wouldnt even start. lolol The battery was dead again. :/ Once I got to ryans, we took off the hood first. Then we took off the fender that was dented, my new fender came in yesterday. It was a huge pain, the last bolt was under the washer fluid bottle. Then I relocated the ooga horn, it would be hitting the new bumper where its at. Then we actually halfway mounted the new bumper to make sure the new holes lined up. I ditched the factory bumper mounts, were just going to put washers in the middle. It actually lines up pretty nicely now. Then I removed the license plate and the plastic thing its mounted on. After that I removed the turn signals, and the reverse lights. Somewhere during the day I tinted my tails. I wet sanded them, but they turned out alot darker than I wanted. I wanted them to look barely tinted, but they look black now. lol After that we removed the mirrors, and the little rubber stripping on the roof. I also removed all the weather stripping from the car to make it easier to sand the door. Then the fun part came, this crazy bumper. lol Ryan started sanding, while I worked on the bumper. The turn signals were a huge pain. I actually got out the dremmel, and sanded the edge of the lenses all the way down as far as they could go. Once I did that, I went to put them in and they still stuck out half an inch. Sooo I got the dremmel again, and grinded out the whole area the turn signals sit in as far down as I could. Its actually not that bad now, they still stick out a tiny bit. I just got done sanding the signals down so I can tint them tomorrow, they are now custom mini turn signals! lol They still have the same shape as OEM, just half an inch smaller on each side. And I ground off all the letters and numbers on the lenses as well. After that, I noticed there is lines all over the bumper from the mold it was in or something. All of that had to be ground down. Then I ground out the holes for the fogs a bit more. By then, ryan had half the car sanded, ran to walmart and came back. So I started sanding, we actually sanded the whole car with normal dry sand paper first. Our intention was to go over the car again wth wet sand paper today, and then once again on tuesday when we paint the car. well we decided it would make more sense to just do it all on tuesday. So we then put the car under the lean to and washed it off. We bondoed a total of 3 spots on the car, and all the stupid lines on the new bumper. as well as the logo of the company of the bumper, they stamped it in the side of it for some reason....lol

Yepp thats what I did today, tomorrow there wont be nearly as much to do.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #1286
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
This thread needs moar pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusRus View Post
Yes, yes, yes.......more pics....you know how it goes!
check facebook! :D it takes way too long to post them on here. Im Stephen randall if you dont know me. I will post the pics in a week or so when im done :)
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #1287
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
check facebook! :D it takes way too long to post them on here. Im Stephen randall if you dont know me. I will post the pics in a week or so when im done :)
I'm on my way. I need to see some pictures.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1288
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Well I guess nobody is reading these updates. lol I was expecting to have people asking me where Ive been. So I shall tell you, peoples of the internet. Okay so I have alot to catch up with. Ive been gone for 2 weeks and nobody noticed. lol Well last Thursday I tore my car down, there was pics of it on facebook. We primered the front bumper, got the car all taped up and ready. Then that weekend I went to LBL. I worked that monday (the 8th) i took off work the 9th, so that way I could paint it that day, and put it together wednesday. Well nothing goes according to plan. We painted the car, everything was going really well besides the front bumper (like usual). As soon as we put paint on it, it cracked and spiderwebbed all out. After 3 or 4 different attempts, (we stripped all the paint off, sanded, etc in between each time), we gave up on the bumper. Like I said before, the car went well. We ran out of time, it started getting cool out. So the plan was to come back wednesday morning and put the clear coat on and be done. Wellllllllll we went back wednesday, and put the clear on. Part of the clear got runs in it, no biggy. we let it dry for a bit, then sanded it. well ryan accidently sanded into the paint. no biggy, we just sanded that area more and were going to do black then clear. well thats where we really messed up. We used laquer thinner at the beginning to clean the car, so out of nature we just put laquer thinner on that area to clean it. boom the whole right half of the car looked like poo, cracked and looked terrible. we then tried sanding it, it was too wet so the paint rolled up. we then came back wednesday night, and sanded it then. we tried painting it 4 more times, but with no luck. every time it bubbled up, because the laquer thinner was soaked into the metal. we even tried special cleaner. So yea Thursday I eventually found a place to buy more paint, because we ran out. we also got better primer and a better gun. We primered the car thursday. friday night we painted the whole car (including bumper). Saturday (yesterday) we put the whole car together. even then we ran into problems. I bought low quality tape, bits of tape and sticky stuff is everywhere. One mirror doesnt look right, one of the screws broke. The rear hatch trim is completely broken, every single screw was rusted and broke. So its held on by 3m, It wont fall all the way off because of the lights holding it on. Today I worked on all the little stuff, the grill wasnt on because I had to glue it together. I drove home and the fender liner fell off. I cant find a bulb for the reverse light. I stripped out a lug nut, oh and we also broke one of my brand new fog lights. Meanwhile, I learned that my grandpa passed away in cleveland, I have to take my car there tomorrow so hopefully the paint wont get damaged....and hopefully nothing falls off. But the car itself looks good, its nowhere near perfect, but hey I love it. The bumper turned out great even though it was a huge pain.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #1289
JüstCantFocüs
Team NoSoul

Fan#: 103283
What I Drive: 2015 GTI, 13 Mopar Edition Dart

FF Reputation: 12 JüstCantFocüs Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey now. I noticed lol. Seen your pics on fb :)
Hatch Nation Leader #95
Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #1290
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
I'm on my way. I need to see some pictures.
btw pics will be up when its 100% all together and not full of sticky stuff. So hopefully by the weekend I will have a photo shoot.

Bookmarks & Social Networks