What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 46 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 405 28.16%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 786 54.66%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 207 14.39%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.78%
Voters: 1438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #451
josephd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84356
What I Drive: 2007 SE Dark Toreador Red Pearl

FF Reputation: 1 josephd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_infrared_zx4 View Post
After talking with a few mechanic friends of mine, I have it on good authority that the cause may be a loose caliper slide...er something. This would allow the caliper to rattle at high speeds, contacting the rotor and causing this noise. I'm gonna check to see if that is indeed the case when I get off work today. *fingers crossed*
Thanks for the post. I am off Tuesday. Weather permitting, I will check as well.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #452
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

Points 3,428, Level 36
Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Update: my right caliper does seem to be looser than the left. Going to see how this can be fixed.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #453
buyerregret
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111956
What I Drive: 2013 silver focus

FF Reputation: 1 buyerregret Good Standing Member
Engineers at Ford Admit the know of the problem, offer no solution.

I have a 2013 Focus SE, Noisy transmission began after first week of driving. Then, rolling backward unabated, while the transmission is in Drive- when I prepare to pull out into traffic on steep hills. My Focus loaner does the same thing. Why? Isn't a car supposed to stay still when in drive when the brake is released? I have never owned a vehicle that would roll backwards down a hill when in Drive. Until I bought this one! The Ford service shop "cannot replicate the problem", they need to use my hill!
I do not feel at all comforable with my loved ones using this car. With all the experience Ford has making cars, why is it Ford insists on putting the public at risk by offering for sale such shoddy engineering and workmanship. The Ford engineers state they know and admit there is a problem, but do not have a fix. Yet, they insist it is safe for us to drive the car until they can get their act together, whenever that may be. Ford is offering us no solution. They want us to drive this car, despite the obvious safety issue to the public.
Other than this huge failure, I like so much about the rest of the car. We are so disappointed, wanted a nice, safe, economical small car. But now are the irritated owners of noisy, unsafe, big hassle, that the mechanics at dealership won't fix. Lovely. Just Lovely.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #454
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78292
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red 6/spd. SE

Points 1,346, Level 20
Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 1 coldbear Good Standing Member
Huhh??

Really...are you serious? Try applying throttle to the powerplant and mabye it will hold static. Or have FMC increase the idle speed . Theres nothing wrong with it. It's a Focus Thing.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #455
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

Points 2,305, Level 29
Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'm sorry you think this is a problem, and honestly I feel bad for the dealership if this is really your attitude. Its hard to replucate a non-issue. It is common sense to have your foot on the brake on a hill. Don't ever buy a car with a manual, personally I enjoy the challange of finding the sweet spot on the clutch that holds me on the hill without using the brake.

But yes, the only real "solution" is to increase the idle.....

Sent from Gods Country
Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #456
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78292
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red 6/spd. SE

Points 1,346, Level 20
Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 1 coldbear Good Standing Member
Wholey Crapp....

Hell I could rent a dozen crappers built by other manufacturers and they would all roll back on a steep hill. It's pretty simple. Hold the brake or buy a Chuvy or Yota. Then everyone can see you driving a crapper.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #457
iridetheshortbus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90610
What I Drive: 03 yellow ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 iridetheshortbus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
all of them
Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #458
Kodyston
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112498
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3; Zetec; MTX-75

Points 618, Level 12
Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Kodyston Good Standing Member
Yep...

Well... I bought mine with around 109,000 miles on it. Shortly after I had to replace the thermostat housing since the seal cracked where it bolts on to the engine. $50 or so (Common problem I have heard.) Few months went by, and the diodes burnt out in the alternator. So I had some new diodes put in for $55 bucks. Which took like 2 hours and I thought that was much better than buying a new Motorcraft alternator for like... $400 or $300 or so. Or an off brand for like $200 or a refurb for not too much cheaper. Some new plugs, wires, oil changes, brakes, rotors, and had to have a new valve cover gasket put on. Leaking oil onto my catalytic converter. $30 gasket. And i bought a cabin air filter for shits and giggles. lol Oh yeah and a new crankcase breather element. I looked under my air filter and the breather element had disintegrated. lmao $2 bucks. Rock auto is my new best friend btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyerregret View Post
I have a 2013 Focus SE, Noisy transmission began after first week of driving. Then, rolling backward unabated, while the transmission is in Drive- when I prepare to pull out into traffic on steep hills. My Focus loaner does the same thing. Why? Isn't a car supposed to stay still when in drive when the brake is released? I have never owned a vehicle that would roll backwards down a hill when in Drive. Until I bought this one! The Ford service shop "cannot replicate the problem", they need to use my hill!
I do not feel at all comforable with my loved ones using this car. With all the experience Ford has making cars, why is it Ford insists on putting the public at risk by offering for sale such shoddy engineering and workmanship. The Ford engineers state they know and admit there is a problem, but do not have a fix. Yet, they insist it is safe for us to drive the car until they can get their act together, whenever that may be. Ford is offering us no solution. They want us to drive this car, despite the obvious safety issue to the public.
Other than this huge failure, I like so much about the rest of the car. We are so disappointed, wanted a nice, safe, economical small car. But now are the irritated owners of noisy, unsafe, big hassle, that the mechanics at dealership won't fix. Lovely. Just Lovely.
Not to be disrespectful, but you sound kind of vehicle illiterate. On a steep hill you really should put your foot on a brake. And that really isn't a problem. A lot of cars do that, it's no big deal. Just whatever you don't get a manual transmission. It sounds like you have enough trouble working 2 petals, you shouldn't try 3..... just sayin'...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #459
evenglarik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113494
What I Drive: 2003, silver, focus

FF Reputation: 1 evenglarik Good Standing Member
No clue...

So I will start off this post by admitting to my total lack of knowledge and ignorance about cars... That is why I am posting this to get some information.

My car's speedometer use to go in and out and then I got a bunch of repairs done and it seemed to be working fine. Recently I had a car merge into the right side of my car and had to get the front passenger door fixed.

Friday my speedometer totally quit working on my way to work. Then the odometer also went out (there were just a bunch of dashes where numbers should have been). Then as I was slowing down to make a left, my car completely turned off. This happened two more times throughout the day when I tried to take it in to get looked at. The guy who I brought it to who is super reliable said he had no clue and so my car is currently at the dealership. The dealership will not be able to look at it until tomorrow to try and figure out what is wrong with it. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be wrong with my car? And how much it will be to get it fixed?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #460
BrightonBrad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61594
What I Drive: 2001 Black Zx3

Points 2,589, Level 30
Points: 2,589, Level: 30 Points: 2,589, Level: 30 Points: 2,589, Level: 30
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 BrightonBrad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyerregret View Post

Laughing my ass off. Have you ever owned a car before? Its common sense. Never have I freaked out and called my car rolling back a danger to the public. I Dont think the car would be a danger but I do think you would be. Its not the cars fault you are lazy and can't hold your foot on the brake

Sent from my XT907 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.