what can i expect to pay? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
kirkus8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72303
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx3 se

FF Reputation: 1 kirkus8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what can i expect to pay?

hello all, so im considering purchasing my first brand new car on my own probably in about 6 months. right now i have a clean 06 zx3 with 72K on it so i know i will be able to get some good cash for it (maybe $6,000). Anyway i have my eyes on 3 options. a 2013 focus sedan titanium, an ST1, or an ST2. I dont care for the ST3 package its way to expensive and most of the "stuff" i dont want, hell i only really want the subtle subwoofer and recaros out of the ST2 package. The reason i cant buy sooner is next month i leave for the air force (basic training and tech school). With that being said what can i expect to pay per month for these 3 options. These are the cars im interested in and ofcourse i prefer the st. I do love the sedan but dont want to be wishing I had an st down the road either. I also cant decide which st package is worth it. I also DO NOT want to struggle with money; I know the military doesnt pay the best. I am joining as an E3. thanks all!!!

Hatch nation #54
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
There are many many variables that play when buying a new car. Ford offeres incentives when purchasing a car. These change about once a month and vary by region. Incentives will be available on the Titanium. There are ZERO incentives on ST models, and most likely never will be. So If you go for an ST you will be paying sticker price. Where with a Titanium you might be able to get a few thousand off with incentives.

Your Credit Score will help determine your intrest rate. and you can choose the length of your loan term. 48, 60, 72 months are generally the average terms used. However some places might offer longer. Your Down payment for the car will also greatly affect your monthly payment.

You might be able to get about $4500 for a trade in for your car. Modifications do not add value to your car in the dealers eyes. To get the most out of your car you would have to sell it yourself.

Dont forget about insurance costs. The ST is going to cost more to insure than the Ti

So as for what you can expect for a monthly payment can vary greatly could be $200 a month, could be $700 it all depends on how you go about it. Everyones experience will vary greatly.

Do a google search for an auto payment calculator. Go on ford.com look up incentives for your area. And search dealer inventory's to get real prices for the models you want. And play with the numbers to see what you can expect.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'd probably pass on buying a $24k car with E3 pay. That's going to make things tight.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
kirkus8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72303
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx3 se

FF Reputation: 1 kirkus8 Good Standing Member
well i should be E4 after i graduate tech school which is when id buy the car...but still. ive done some simple budgeting and have found i could have around 400-500 dollars after bills are paid if i were on a $350 car payment. cause if i understand correctly i will only really be paying for insurance,gas,and cell phone...correct me if im wrong
Hatch nation #54
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkus8 View Post
well i should be E4 after i graduate tech school which is when id buy the car...but still. ive done some simple budgeting and have found i could have around 400-500 dollars after bills are paid if i were on a $350 car payment. cause if i understand correctly i will only really be paying for insurance,gas,and cell phone...correct me if im wrong
$400-$500 a month is cutting it so close. Your finances are your business, I don't mean to pry. Just something to think about.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
hello all, so im considering purchasing my first brand new car on my own probably in about 6 months. right now i have a clean 06 zx3 with 72K on it so i know i will be able to get some good cash for it (maybe $6,000). Anyway i have my eyes on 3 options. a 2013 focus sedan titanium, an ST1, or an ST2. I dont care for the ST3 package its way to expensive and most of the "stuff" i dont want, hell i only really want the subtle subwoofer and recaros out of the ST2 package. The reason i cant buy sooner is next month i leave for the air force (basic training and tech school). With that being said what can i expect to pay per month for these 3 options. These are the cars im interested in and ofcourse i prefer the st. I do love the sedan but dont want to be wishing I had an st down the road either. I also cant decide which st package is worth it. I also DO NOT want to struggle with money; I know the military doesnt pay the best. I am joining as an E3. thanks all!!!
I work with military and buying cars on a daily basis. I've also seen MANY MANY E3s and E4s get their vehicles repoed. Sure your going say "Not going happen to me, nope not going happen! I'm better then them" few months later you'll understand what we where trying to tell you.

So here's how I see it, you got a decent vehicle...You got an 06 with 72k miles on it, I bet you it will last another 38k miles with minor work (easily) 38k miles is approx 3 years of driving (your avg 10k miles a year now) so you start to pay yourself a car payment now lets say $250 a month. In 3 years you have $9,000 to put down, your car at this point is worth $4,000 private sell. Sell that vehicle and now you got $13,000 cash to play with. Also your no longer an E-3s your not even an E-4 you could very well be a Sgt, a junior NCO.

Heck develop your credit between now and three years and not only will you have a large down payment, but you will also have great credit and get a great deal on finance. You'll also have learned many life lessons in 3 years.

Quote:
Yes the military will give you a room, yes the military will "feed" you. Yes the military will "cloth" you.

Do you want to only stay in your barracks? Are you only going eat at the DFAC? Are you always going wear military uniform.

Your going want to buy A LOT OF STUFF. Think, new TV, new sound system, new clothes, new toys (watches, jewelry, RV helicopters) whatever. Your buddies will want to take trips, you will want to go along. What happens if something bad happens? What if you lose some militarily equipment they will charge you back for that, gas masks are like $600...What if a family member gets sick and you have to fly back their will be additional expense etc. $500 ain't going far.

My friend came home tired from work one day and had his gear in his car...He was tired and beat up from a week at the field all he wanted to do was get some shut eye. Figured hey I left my shit in the car it's locked I'm on base its safe. Next morning everything was gone, someone had broken into the car and stolen all of his gear. Army charged him for the gear he lost, it was expensive. Just one example of an unexpected cost.

Bookmarks & Social Networks