magnaflow muffler and lunchbox delete only 2.0? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
choate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103130
What I Drive: 2006 maroon zx4

FF Reputation: 3 choate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
magnaflow muffler and lunchbox delete only 2.0?

I am looking at getting a Magnaflow muffler from autoanything.com and just hopefully bolting in right in place of the stock muffler. I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone w/ that set up. Most people have a header, cams, 3'' mid pipe etc.

I currently have about 18'' worth of 2.25'' stainless pipe where the old "lunch box" used to be but everything else exhaust wise is stock.

Has anyone just bolted on a "bullet" style magna flow muffler in place of the stock one w/ the lunchbox delete that has a 2.0l duratec? I'm doing this purely for a little extra sound but don't want too much..

Team Duratec #29
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,060, Level 72
Points: 12,060, Level: 72 Points: 12,060, Level: 72 Points: 12,060, Level: 72
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Hit up your local muffler shop.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
AllCarFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102583
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen Sonic Blue S121

FF Reputation: 1 AllCarFan Good Standing Member
lemme know what you need from magnaflow...I can usually beat autoanythings prices.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
choate
Focus Enthusiast

Cool. Yeah I am going to be buying one here pretty soon. Can you give me your opinion on which one of these would work best? Obviously I need a one in one out but I'm not sure if I would need an offset one or center, and also not sure which would be best an oval or round? Finally, is this a bolt on or weld in place situation?

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2694A0A0.aspx
Team Duratec #29
Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Points 12,060, Level 72
Level Up 3% Completed
Forum Activity 99%
Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Cool. Yeah I am going to be buying one here pretty soon. Can you give me your opinion on which one of these would work best? Obviously I need a one in one out but I'm not sure if I would need an offset one or center, and also not sure which would be best an oval or round? Finally, is this a bolt on or weld in place situation?

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2694A0A0.aspx
You'll need a center in/out round muffler to fit behind your flex. If your trying to do this on the cheap= hit up your muffler shop. If you want a desent system get a fwerk's system. It bolts on easy, is 2.5'' mandrell bent pipes, & you install it & forget it & move on to other mods. You can get a magna-flow muffler & have a muffler shop weld it on for you, if thats all your going to do. Its all what your trying to do. Just do it once & be done w/ it. Pay me now or pay me later= Same thing, Add a magna-flow muffler on your stock exhaust system now & later on your redoing it.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
AllCarFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102583
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen Sonic Blue S121

FF Reputation: 1 AllCarFan Good Standing Member
I ordered magnaflow mufflers through my company and then had an exhaust shop custom weld it all up. I think it ran me just under $500 for parts and labor.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
choate
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
You'll need a center in/out round muffler to fit behind your flex. If your trying to do this on the cheap= hit up your muffler shop. If you want a desent system get a fwerk's system. It bolts on easy, is 2.5'' mandrell bent pipes, & you install it & forget it & move on to other mods. You can get a magna-flow muffler & have a muffler shop weld it on for you, if thats all your going to do. Its all what your trying to do. Just do it once & be done w/ it. Pay me now or pay me later= Same thing, Add a magna-flow muffler on your stock exhaust system now & later on your redoing it.
You make some very good points. I will not be doing anything else exhausts wise to the car though. I bought the car just as a daily driver and didn't plan on doing any mods to it but I have done the stealth CAI and the lunchbox delete and looking to get this muffler but I won't be spending the money for a performance cat back exhaust. I have a 2012 Mustang GT that all my money is locked up in mod wise. It would be cool to mod the Foci too but I just don't have the money to make it fast so I wanted to throw a muffler on there for a little sound to make it a little more fun to drive. I think around 100k miles when I would swap shocks, I'm going to purchase either the Ford or Eibach Pro lowering springs and shocks but nothing else exhaust wise.

Thanks for your input. I haven't been under the car specifically to look at the exhaust set up but would you recommend welding in this muffler in place of the "muffler" that is on there now. I think some call it a 2nd cat (basically right under the front seat). Or are you saying I should have them keep that in and weld in behind that? Keep in mind the lunchbox is gone...
Team Duratec #29

Last edited by choate; 04-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Points 12,060, Level 72
Level Up 3% Completed
Forum Activity 99%
Hit up a muffler shop & see if they can remove the small converter after the flex & the muffler & have them add a bullet or similar there, if all your wanting is a little tone. For springs & dampers= M-18000-zx3B for dampers & M-5560-ZXM1 for 1.5'' drop springs. That'll make it more fun to drive. Hit up Steve at Toulsey Ford, for these & your frpp's for your Mustang.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.