DCT Transmission Issues (NOT) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: DCT experiences
No Problems 39 54.93%
Minor problems 12 16.90%
Continuing problems 20 28.17%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Post DCT Transmission Issues (NOT)

OK.....I wanted to do a poll ....we've all read in this forum the countless issues owners have been experiencing with their DCT. Just for kicks (if this hasn't been posted before)
How many HAVEN'T had issues and are overall pleased with their vehicle's drivetrain/DCT performance? How many miles? Model year? Driving habits etc?
With over 200,000+ being produced to date just wanted to get an unscientific, random sampling of happy owners!

As for myself I have 2800 miles on mine and love how this tranny drives.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
2012 Titanium wagon, 1.6l 125hp, 4,000 miles, 60/40 Hwy/City, zero issues.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
I cannot vote for some reason, but I still have issues, not even 1,300 Miles yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
2013 Titanium Sedan with 7k miles.

I'm satisfied with the DCT so far.

I don't drive aggressively and have a short work commute but the shifts are always quick and smooth and for the most part, it behaves like a conventional automatic. There is a slight chatter at low speeds but that hasn't affected performance at all.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
StephenElsbree1986
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104271
What I Drive: CD Silver 2003 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 StephenElsbree1986 Good Standing Member
2012 SE 24kmiles, Works like a charm. This is coming for a SVTF as my DD, it seems to grip hard and really go tbh.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
I hope for your guys' sake that your transmissions keep working correctly.

Mine's been screwed up for the last 15,000 miles or so. Ford will not fix it.

It started last summer, and eventually an incompetent Ford dealer (most are) replaced the clutches and it worked slightly better for a while... but now it's just as bad as it was... with a vibration that it didn't have before those s worked on it.

But all I've been told since Hines Park Ford ruined the car is "That's normal". I'm so angry right now that steam is nearly shooting out of my ears.

BUYING THIS CAR HAS BEEN THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.

(Yes, I'm in an exceptionally bad mood after driving that heap of junk home from a hard days' work. Nothing will ruin your day faster than driving my horrible Ford Focus.)
Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
If I had a trouble-free DCT I'd still have a worrisome feeling in the back of my mind when I was next. Thankfully for this forum I'd gleaned alot of info on the DCT and it's troubles and avoided it.
A neigbor down the street has a '13 SEL w/DCT that's got about 5000 miles on the odo and he says it's been in the shop twice already for tranny issues.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
A neigbor down the street has a '13 SEL w/DCT that's got about 5000 miles on the odo and he says it's been in the shop twice already for tranny issues.
I predict that it will be in many more times. Because most dealerships never actually fix anything... they just say "they all do that" and send you on your way.

NOTE: "Mine didn't do that until _______" is not a valid response. They don't say "they all do that" because they all do that... they say that because 'GTFO' is rude.

Make no mistake... when they say "that's normal" what they mean is "we don't want to fix it, now GTFO'.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I predict that it will be in many more times. Because most dealerships never actually fix anything... they just say "they all do that" and send you on your way.

NOTE: "Mine didn't do that until _______" is not a valid response. They don't say "they all do that" because they all do that... they say that because 'GTFO' is rude.

Make no mistake... when they say "that's normal" what they mean is "we don't want to fix it, now GTFO'.
The DCT debate on here is "entertaining". Those that have DCT issues constantly try to make those that don't have issues worried. Those that don't have DCT issues have been accused of trying to discount those that do have DCT issues.

The OP asked for those that haven't had DCT issues to respond, yet you guys couldn't resist bringing up the "beware of the DCT" stuff. We get it. Lots of people have problems with it and we're all sorry for those people. Now, it's possible that some people don't have issues. I mean, with 1 million cars sold throughout the world, many of them with DCT's, some people are satisfied.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Strix
Focus Addict

There's no reason to be afraid of having a DCT... the vast majority have no problems at all I'm sure.

The thing to be afraid of is Ford's response if yours does develop a problem (not saying that it will). Ford will, in all likelihood, tell you 'tough shit' (but in nicer words).

I was a fan of the DCT until mine started acting up and Ford representatives LIED TO ME and told me "that's normal".

I know for a fact that is it not normal... I know what the car was like before it developed problems. But this knowledge hasn't helped me one bit in getting my car fixed, so it's still up. :(

Bookmarks & Social Networks