FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #91
QuickSiR
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108256
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 QuickSiR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMDJ5 View Post
My Focus is an '11, so I think theres a few differences so i'll try to help where I can. For #3, I just used a pair of dikes and cut the white christmas tree clips that secures the wiring harness so the body. Just cut those plastic clips to give you a little more slack.

For #4, you probably never removed the plastic connector off of the stock intake. That was a mistake I made. It came up short until I realized I forgot that piece. You'll need that.

#5, Assuming youre referring to the elbow hose for the vacuum booster, the hose that goes on the underside of the intake, I seated the rubber seal in first and then put some lube around the the top of the hose and gently slid it in. If you dont lube it, the rubber seel will keep popping up into the intake and sliding all the way down into the filter. I learned that the hard way.

#3: That's what I did and I was eventualy able to make it work.

#4 & #5: There are two "hoses" connected to the stock intake but on every install pics I've seen there is only one connected to the FSWERKS intake. What am I missing here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #92
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107386
What I Drive: 2011 Black Ford Focus SE 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 TMDJ5 Good Standing Member
In that stock intake picture, the hose on the right (we'll call it hose B)for the vacuum booster goes on the underside of the intake, its not in the second picture just cause it's not visible from that angle, not that it doesnt exist. Look at the pic of the fswerks intake, hose B is the plastic ribbed hose that looks like in runs right under the "F" in FSWERKS, notice it doesnt continue through to the otherside. It takes a 90 degreee angle up into the bottom of the intake. You have the right parts, you just need some confidence and guidance. We're here to help you.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #93
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107386
What I Drive: 2011 Black Ford Focus SE 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 TMDJ5 Good Standing Member
Also that hose just barely reaches, it's pretty tight. At least it was for me. I'm just saying dont be worried.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #94
QuickSiR
Focus Rookie

I did it yall!!!!! :D

I gave it a second try tonight when I got home frome work. It was cold and windy but I said what the hell!!

The two hardest parts were to get the top hose connected. I had to pull like a madman since it was a good 1-2 inch too short. It seems to be firmly in place now.

Also, I had a hard time getting the black cap over the bottom hole. It was too small. My guess is it shrank overnight as I left everything in the trunk of my car and it was -10. I heated it up with a lighter and I was able to stretch it and get it on.

Everything else went well.

To everyone that said the intake it loud. ROFL it's not!!!! At least it isn't compare to the one I had on my 2000 Civic Si. ;)

Last edited by QuickSiR; 04-05-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #95
QuickSiR
Focus Rookie

Video of the 2000 Civic Si with the AEM Cold Air Intake :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aAHwR8vcA
Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #96
Miztaken1312
Focus Addict

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
I just installed mine and was stuck a couple times about the hoses as well. They should really update those installation instructions they send with it. But a call to FSWerks to talk to Vic (or Vik?) sorted everything out. Those guys are great. I ordered a weatherpack connector from Jeg's Tuesday night when I installed it to extend the harness for the MAF sensor so I can attach the harness back to core support.

And also QuickSiR, it's quiet until you get into it, which I quite like. No reason to be making crazy noise when you're doing 30mph in a residential area or such.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #97
SteezMuffin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99549
What I Drive: 2009 Sterling Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 SteezMuffin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
All these problems are making me second guess purchasing one
SR #237 | CUSE
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #98
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezMuffin View Post
All these problems are making me second guess purchasing one
Check out CFM's cold air intake. It looks better than FSWerks and I think it is a little cheaper. It also has an extra, smaller filter up top in case the primary filter gets submerged or saturated.

Frankly, FSWerks directions suck. The only CFM product I have installed was their lower motor mount and the directions for such a simple part were more detailed than the FSWerks instructions for their race header (or cold air intake, for that matter).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #99
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Sounds like way too much effort. The Steeda goes on without drama.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #100
Miztaken1312
Focus Addict

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacole725 View Post
Check out CFM's cold air intake. It looks better than FSWerks and I think it is a little cheaper. It also has an extra, smaller filter up top in case the primary filter gets submerged or saturated.

Frankly, FSWerks directions suck. The only CFM product I have installed was their lower motor mount and the directions for such a simple part were more detailed than the FSWerks instructions for their race header (or cold air intake, for that matter).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
I agree. They totally could have sent an updated instruction set for the 2008 and up redesign. That would have really cleared up a lot of the issues I'm seeing. I really should have taken better pictures while I was putting mine in so I could share with everyone what goes where and how to do it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->