SYNC System Thread - Page 36 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #351
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_eff View Post
Does anyone know what the "Occupancy Mode" settings do? It's under "Audio Settings". There are two settings: "Optimize All" and "Optimize Driver". Does anyone know what they do? I was hoping it'd just be a phase adjustment, but it seems like it does EQ stuff, too (ie, "Optimize Passenger" is boomier while "Optimize Driver" is tinnier).

P.S. I hope this is the right thread; I didn't want to make a new one.
Do we have that setting in the Focus? Was it added with v3.5.1?

Asking because I don't recall ever seeing those options before - I'll have to look later...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #352
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Do we have that setting in the Focus? Was it added with v3.5.1?

Asking because I don't recall ever seeing those options before - I'll have to look later...
Alright... I don't have this. Is this on the non-MFT vehicles?

MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #353
jpenns
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100720
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jpenns Good Standing Member
Most likely it has to do with how the stereo is panned. But I honestly don't know
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #354
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_eff View Post
Does anyone know what the "Occupancy Mode" settings do? It's under "Audio Settings". There are two settings: "Optimize All" and "Optimize Driver". Does anyone know what they do? I was hoping it'd just be a phase adjustment, but it seems like it does EQ stuff, too (ie, "Optimize Passenger" is boomier while "Optimize Driver" is tinnier).
P.S. I hope this is the right thread; I didn't want to make a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCornell View Post
Pretty sure it sends the majority of sound to wherever you want it. ie less sound to driver when passenger is optimized
Quote:
Alright... I don't have this. Is this on the non-MFT vehicles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenns View Post
Most likely it has to do with how the stereo is panned. But I honestly don't know
Hey, everyone -

NickCornell is on the right track! Occupancy mode optimizes sound
quality for the chosen seating position.

If equipped, this feature is available on vehicle with MyFord and MyFord Touch.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #355
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
My iPod died so I converted all of my music (except for the copy protected stuff I downloaded from iTunes) to MP3 so I could put them on a flash drive. I plugged it into the usb port in my Focus. I hit the button and told it to play a certain artist but it said that it was still indexing. Now it will only play songs from like 5 different artists even though I have many more on the flash drive. When I tell it to play one of the other artists on the drive it just asks me if I meant one of the 5 artists. For example on the way home from work tonight I told it to play Green Day and it asked me if I meant Weezer. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #356
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey, everyone -

NickCornell is on the right track! Occupancy mode optimizes sound
quality for the chosen seating position.

If equipped, this feature is available on vehicle with MyFord and MyFord Touch.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn
Wait... what? I have MFT. I have every option except the Ti Handling Package.

Is this only on 2013s?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #357
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Wait... what? I have MFT. I have every option except the Ti Handling Package.

Is this only on 2013s?
I had the 2013 Ti optioned out and it was not on mine, at least it wasn't after the MFT update. I thought I remembered seeing something like that right after I got my car when i was going through all the menus. It's probably something Ford has removed to help stabilize your systems..LOL, instead of adding more memory to the poor system, which it needs, that and a multi-core, faster processor.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #358
voyou fofo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101266
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 voyou fofo Good Standing Member
Sync should have a massive recall. 100% the most inconsistent "technology" ever released to the public. Microsoft and Ford do little to improve the system and when one has a problem they either tell one tough shnikes or try to charge a service fee for a Master reset.
I can't wait until my lease is up to get out of the pos.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #359
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyou fofo View Post
Sync should have a massive recall. 100% the most inconsistent "technology" ever released to the public. Microsoft and Ford do little to improve the system and when one has a problem they either tell one tough shnikes or try to charge a service fee for a Master reset.
I can't wait until my lease is up to get out of the pos.
I'm not sure what version software I have, but mine is the MFT Sony 10 spkr upgrade. And mine has been pretty awesome so far. Yeah it has a few quirks like every so often when I start the car the clock has entered a totally different time zone. Or the preset buttons are blank (they work, but you gotta guess which ones which). My only real complaint is that the 750gb harddrive I added with all my songs on it only shows the song title, and album cover if it's recorded in WAV. If I use media player lossless, then all the info is visible. But to your point about a recall, I received a letter from Ford letting me know they extended the warranty to 100k miles on my system, and if it starts acting up between now & then, they will replace it.
I am afraid to apply the latest version/update to it since I am mostly happy with it. Maybe somebody here could tell me if the latest is worth it?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #360
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
I'm not sure what version software I have, but mine is the MFT Sony 10 spkr upgrade. And mine has been pretty awesome so far. Yeah it has a few quirks like every so often when I start the car the clock has entered a totally different time zone. Or the preset buttons are blank (they work, but you gotta guess which ones which). My only real complaint is that the 750gb harddrive I added with all my songs on it only shows the song title, and album cover if it's recorded in WAV. If I use media player lossless, then all the info is visible. But to your point about a recall, I received a letter from Ford letting me know they extended the warranty to 100k miles on my system, and if it starts acting up between now & then, they will replace it.
I am afraid to apply the latest version/update to it since I am mostly happy with it. Maybe somebody here could tell me if the latest is worth it?
This is the SYNC(not MFT) thread. There is a different thread(My Ford Touch) that you'll get more responses on your MFT specific questions..

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->