My Ford Touch Thread - Page 303 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #3021
theberrys
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112754
What I Drive: 2013 Escape SE White

FF Reputation: 1 theberrys Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyFord Touch Parking Gear Signal

Hi new here and was hoping someone can tell me where the Parking Gear Signal is going to the radio. I have a rear view camera on my trailer and would like to view it while driving but of course I get the safety message when I take the car out of park. The AUX input is in the console arm rest and it all works fine in park. This is a 2013 Escape SE but the My Touch is brought from the Focus so it would at least be the same design if not the same wire color. There isn't a lot of data on the 13 Escape yet and I was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks
Dick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #3022
Now534
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76549
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 Now534 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theberrys View Post
Hi new here and was hoping someone can tell me where the Parking Gear Signal is going to the radio. I have a rear view camera on my trailer and would like to view it while driving but of course I get the safety message when I take the car out of park. The AUX input is in the console arm rest and it all works fine in park. This is a 2013 Escape SE but the My Touch is brought from the Focus so it would at least be the same design if not the same wire color. There isn't a lot of data on the 13 Escape yet and I was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks
Dick
You have to get a module to do what you want. I believe it's made by lockpick

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3 using FF Mobile
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #3023
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now534 View Post
It's alright. Seems kind of strange a few of these problems at the same time range
Yeah, hard to say. Kind of like how the backup camera losing its settings is suddenly far worse under v3.5.1 - maybe it's tied to the latest MFT update? Who knows. It's always a crapshoot with this thing.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #3024
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by theberrys View Post

Thanks
Dick
The newer Ford vehicles use a CAN bus for signalling/messaging between controllers and sensors, so it's a little more complicated than simply snipping a wire.

There are a couple of companies selling electronic doodads that enable video on the display while the car is in motion.

Lockpick (expensive)
https://www.coastaletech.com/escapelockpick.htm

And I think this is another one (even more expensive)
http://www.navtv.com/

There's a glitch in MFT (at least on my 2012 Focus) that allows video to be displayed while the car is in motion, but it only works until a different device is selected, not a good solution.

I'll be buying a Lockpick sometime this Summer, I wish Ford would have just left the damn thing unlocked.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #3025
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Does a Focus MFT system have an output for video for the back seat, if you want to add the screens? Anyone happen to know?
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #3026
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
Does a Focus MFT system have an output for video for the back seat, if you want to add the screens? Anyone happen to know?
If it does, I haven't found it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #3027
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Oh, well. Not a big deal... there is the iPad to keep the demon spawn quiet back there.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #3028
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
I haven't been up here for a while but I caught up on a couple months worth of MFT fun and thought it was time to put the 3.5.1 on for myself. Well, looks about the same as the last version...still no song progress bar (like the original MFT and my 6 year old iPod nano.) OK, not going through the missing features rant again. Gee, the temperature is back..wow..

Just this: The upper right used to show the compass direction (S, NE etc). Now there is just an orange exclamation point there. I know it has the compass value OK because when I am at the home screen, the the graphic compass shows the correct direction. But when I am on the Entertainment screen I get the exclamation. I do NOT have navigation. Anyone else seen this?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #3029
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I haven't been up here for a while but I caught up on a couple months worth of MFT fun and thought it was time to put the 3.5.1 on for myself. Well, looks about the same as the last version...still no song progress bar (like the original MFT and my 6 year old iPod nano.) OK, not going through the missing features rant again. Gee, the temperature is back..wow..

Just this: The upper right used to show the compass direction (S, NE etc). Now there is just an orange exclamation point there. I know it has the compass value OK because when I am at the home screen, the the graphic compass shows the correct direction. But when I am on the Entertainment screen I get the exclamation. I do NOT have navigation. Anyone else seen this?
I have not seen that one yet...interesting. I too have MFT w/o Nav. At first I thought your compass needed re-calibration, but then later read that your compass in the quadrant section is OK, so maybe not. Possibly a master re-set???
Hatch Nation #174
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #3030
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now534 View Post
I love my MFT the what do you guys mean wifi will not work? The WiFi function in this car broadcasts a hotspot if you plug a usb modem into the usb port.
Try to connect the MFT's WiFi to an access point that needs a key with any non-numeric characters. Then you'll see what we are seeing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks