Tsb 11-10-1 intermittent remote keyless entry (rke) operation - key fob - built on or before 8/3/2011 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Tsb 11-10-1 intermittent remote keyless entry (rke) operation - key fob - built on or before 8/3/2011

TSB-11-10-1 for intermittent RKE operation

Quote:
TSB
11-10-1 INTERMITTENT REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) OPERATION - KEY FOB - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/3/2011

Publication Date: October 3, 2011

FORD: 2012 Focus

The article supersedes TSB 11-8-16 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 8/3/2011 may exhibit a condition where the key fob buttons do not unlock the doors.

ACTION:
Reprogram the body control module to the latest software calibration level using the IDS release 74.03 or higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.7 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
111001A 2012 Focus: Reprogram The Body Control Module (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
14A068 04

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got this one done yesterday finally. So far so good. For anybody else who gets this done, it will reset the system so you have to hit the unlock button twice to open all doors, so if you like (like myself) being able to unlock all doors with one button press, you'll have to redo the simple step of holding both lock and unlock buttons simultaneously.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
Got this one done yesterday finally. So far so good. For anybody else who gets this done, it will reset the system so you have to hit the unlock button twice to open all doors, so if you like (like myself) being able to unlock all doors with one button press, you'll have to redo the simple step of holding both lock and unlock buttons simultaneously.
Did you have to raise hell? Or did you just request the TSB? Or did you tell them about the issue and they looked it up and fixed it for you? Last time I brought it in for this they said "Couldn't replicate." ergo, they didn't update the BCM.

But I should ask - is this only for the non-IA key fobs? Or all key fobs?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

I requested and when I checked in the guy asked if it was doing it. I told him no and that it's intermittent so they probably won't get it to do it, but it's done it since brand new. I also reminded them of my previous appointment that they weren't able to replicate the problems, but took care of the TSBs for me. When they gave me my key back the guy told me they couldn't get it to do it, but the did they update anyway. I have the paperwork noting the TSB was performed. I don't know why they should have a problem with doing this one. It shouldn't be any sweat to perform while the oil is being changed and the tires rotated.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
it all goes back to, if they can't replicate an issue, it becomes a problem getting reimbursement from Ford.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
it all goes back to, if they can't replicate an issue, it becomes a problem getting reimbursement from Ford.
For something like this though, how much is it really costing the dealership to run an BCM update while other services are being performed on the vehicle.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
For something like this though, how much is it really costing the dealership to run an BCM update while other services are being performed on the vehicle.
Ford corporate must REALLY nail dealerships for doing petty warranty work. There's no other reason I could think of that dealerships wouldn't do BCM updates when someone complains of a known issue.

Fixing grinding transmissions is one thing, but I guess they've been given word not to do anything. I'd really like to talk to someone in that chain of command. You know - scream at management, then go out for a beer with their engineers.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Does anyone that has gotten this done know if it includes/excludes IA?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Macbot
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85374
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black S 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 Macbot Good Standing Member
Mine has done the opposite, since new, intermittently. Unlocking happens first try every time. Locking can be infuriating, sometimes taking 5-10 presses to work.

Of course the dealer can't replicate whenever I've had it in.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
MichaelD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110470
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 MichaelD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbot View Post
Mine has done the opposite, since new, intermittently. Unlocking happens first try every time. Locking can be infuriating, sometimes taking 5-10 presses to work.

Of course the dealer can't replicate whenever I've had it in.
I definitely feel your pain. Mine has been doing that as well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->