experience Needed transmission, throttle body, troubles? (This is long) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109943
What I Drive: 2008 focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Alptbird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Arrow experience Needed transmission, throttle body, troubles? (This is long)

I will start out with I have a 08 focus couple automatic.
Today I changed the solenoids in my transmission the three that are the same on one side and the two green tops on the other.
while doing this I took the time to install a Steeda air intake. so the mass air flow sensor got removed and replaced int he new air filter set up.

Now that you know what I did. let me tell you what is going on.

TROUBLE:
Park to drive then i take off for a drive everything is cool until i stop the first time. no noises. Now that I have stopped i start to go again. the car pulses has low to no powerjust surges forward. I back of the throttle, then try again. Car pulses. back off then try again and boom drives fine it is like the clutch bands were barely engaging. this happens every time i come to a complete stop and then go again. if i stop shift into park or neutral and then back to drive first time out of bag drives right... until I stop completely againand it repeats.

For those that are wondering my process.

Jacked up car
Removed drain pan
Removed filter forever.
Removed solenoids that were bad( really only one was but i replaced them all for good meassure)
Replaced the solenoids and reconnected the wires inorder in which they came off.
Replaced filter
reinstalled pan properly
Filled with 4 quarts of fluid Mercron V
Turned on car and let the pump do its thing. at idle for 5 min.
cycled through the gears for a short time every thing felt good. I thought.
checked fluid level looks to be a little too much really. and then drove it.

So What have i missed? Is one of the Solenoids I put in the trans bad out of the box? Have blow by? If so which one?

Was my thinking that the torque converter held 2qts or more of fluid wrong? Dip stick looks to have a quart too much.

Throttle body giving me the finger? (no check engine lights or codes)

Mass airflow sensor in backwards? It only fits one way?

Too much fluid? I need to get some out?

It almost feels like there isn't enough fluid. The capasity I read was 7.1 qts for the 4F27E. Is that right?

Help, please Help. if i have to tear into the trans again thats fine but my mind will bother me till I figure it out.

Any ideas?

Bookmarks & Social Networks