Aftermarket audio question - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
atahmission
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112489
What I Drive: 2013, white, SE

FF Reputation: 1 atahmission Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aftermarket audio question

Hi guys. So, I picked up my 2013 Focus and I couldn't be more thrilled. I have had the somewhat unique opportunity to have owned a 2012 Civic up until this fall. Obviously, the Civic very much plays on the Focus' court, but I have to say that I'm impressed with the job Ford has done. No only is the Ford more fun to drive, in addition to being equipped with more/better features and options, but it also feels like a more substantial car. The Civic was somewhat loud, and there wasn't that "whump" I like to hear when closing the door. As for entertainment, the Sync system is much more capable, if not more user friendly, than what was in the Honda. The only positive I'd give the Civic is in fuel economy; it goes pretty easy on the sips of gas. That said, I'm somewhat of an audiophile, and though I found the stock system to be pretty good (6 speaker, non-sony), I wanted to upgrade the speakers in the door. I'm not sure of the power the head unit produces, so I specifically sought out efficient speakers, and Infinity makes a premium product (Kappa 5 1/4) that also uses wattage from the head pretty efficiently. The bummer is, I switched the speakers out, and I think that stock is better (more dynamic). The Infinity was the best option I could find of the market, and pretty damn expensive to boot, but I thought maybe the speakers were the problem. I replaced those with the top of the line JL Audio 5 1/4, and same difference. Now, I haven't moved to the front doors because I've been so disappointing with the rear, but does anyone have any experiences/guesses? I really don't want to put in an amp, so if that's the only solution, I suppose I'll stick with stock. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->