Squeaks, creaks, and rattles - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #111
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
I traded mine in last week mostly because of the constant rattles. My wife's VW is 12 years old and rock solid, not a single creak or rattle. When I had to sit in the back seat while my wife drove just so I could identify rattle locations, I knew I was done.
Sad, isn't it? (well - maybe it's a relief to you...)

My car is 2 years old and if I traded it in now, I'd probably still owe $5k more than I'd get for it. Granted, I didn't get the best deal when I purchased it and I've put a lot of miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #112
RockyD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93737
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 RockyD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Sad, isn't it? (well - maybe it's a relief to you...)

My car is 2 years old and if I traded it in now, I'd probably still owe $5k more than I'd get for it. Granted, I didn't get the best deal when I purchased it and I've put a lot of miles on it.
I really didn't mind the car too much, although build quality wasn't great, my biggest issue was that it just felt too small. I also hated the nav on the MFT, so I bought a Taurus LTD without it. I wasn't upside down on the focus, so with that and the good deal I got on the new car, it wasn't so bad.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #113
cafelatte
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112193
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 cafelatte Good Standing Member
It didn't occur to me to blame the dealer themselves, since it seems to me that the headliner itself is the problem.

Not sure what to do next, really. I could go in screaming at the dealer, but then I risk another glue job, another lost half day, and still end up where I am now. I wasn't planning to sell up for a while, but I'm getting tired of this now. Thanks for the feedback, folks!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #114
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafelatte View Post
It didn't occur to me to blame the dealer themselves, since it seems to me that the headliner itself is the problem.

Not sure what to do next, really. I could go in screaming at the dealer, but then I risk another glue job, another lost half day, and still end up where I am now. I wasn't planning to sell up for a while, but I'm getting tired of this now. Thanks for the feedback, folks!
Hi cafelatte,

It sounds like you've already gone down the escalation path in the past, but I'm still happy to look into your case and see what I can do to help. If you'd like to proceed, send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) and I'll start researching.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #115
cafelatte
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi cafelatte,

It sounds like you've already gone down the escalation path in the past, but I'm still happy to look into your case and see what I can do to help. If you'd like to proceed, send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) and I'll start researching.

Crystal
PM sent.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #116
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
PM sent.
Hey cafelatte,

I received your message and responded; take a peek at your inbox for my reply.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #117
cafelatte
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I got a call from the dealership the next day and a brand new headliner a few days later. It's as good as new now.
Looks like my dealer is going to make a call about another glue gun session or ordering a new headliner. Not sure which would be better.

Do you think the headliner was just faulty in your case, or that the quality of the new headliner is somehow better?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #118
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I recall that the adhesive used for early production models was faulty...i think that was the problem i had

Quote:
Looks like my dealer is going to make a call about another glue gun session or ordering a new headliner. Not sure which would be better.

Do you think the headliner was just faulty in your case, or that the quality of the new headliner is somehow better?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #119
cafelatte
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I recall that the adhesive used for early production models was faulty...i think that was the problem i had
Sounds logical :) Thanks.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #120
sarahblackcat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115729
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Zetec TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 sarahblackcat Good Standing Member
Rattles and Vibrations

I purchased a New Focus at the end of May 2013. I would like to thank everyone on this forum as you have enabled me to have the rattles and vibrations fixed by the dealer very quickly.
I had a horrendous dashboard rattle which turned out to be caused by the steering column. The dealer took it apart and thoroughly greased it. It took a few days for the noise to completely disappear but now I have no rattle.
The other problem I had was a noise in my ear when i hit a bump in the road. It sounded like the trim at the top of the car door was loose. It turned out to be the adjustable seatbelt mechanism wasn't properly locked. a quick push and click and the problem is gone. I now have a great car

Bookmarks & Social Networks