Focus Fanatics Forum banner

matmatician's ZX4 Complete Swap

18K views 148 replies 30 participants last post by  UnFocusedST 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Here's the Photobucket for my rebuild. I totaled my ZX4 and fortunately most of it can be reused. The new body was a donor body from BroncoBoy80 on here, (thanks man!!!) with a fully built roll cage in it. I am recycling as many parts as I can and with the help of the PNW crew, hopefully this will be one of the coolest foci around.

http://s988.beta.photobucket.com/user/matmatician/library/Focus Rebuild

Also, here's the facebook page I've made for the car, it will be a bit more interactive than the photobucket link.
http://www.facebook.com/matmatician.zxfourswap

The reason I'm not posting all the pictures on this thread is because I have a lot of photos, and posting large amounts of photos on FF is quite a chore. I will post pictures as I have time here though.

Regards,
matmatician

#7 ·
This. So much. I had no idea that there were so many people willing to volunteer their time for someone they have maybe only met once or twice in real life. Even if they just came to hold a flashlight and didn't know much, everyone worked hard and I am thoroughly impressed. This is hands down the best online community I'm a part of, and will be for years to come!!

Glad to see that car get put to use! Sorry an SAP got destroyed!
Actually... there's some good news there. All that's wrong with the front bumper is there's a little crack missing and it's bent just a bit. I think the whole SAP kit is re-usable!!

#9 ·
Looks like you got a lot done! Sorry couldn't make it!

Maybe next time?

#11 ·
We'll probably still be doing it next weekend. Saturday if you're down!

What do you think your going to do for paint?

Nevin
Haven't really thought that far yet. Personally... I kinda like the beige and blue.

#22 ·
Ok. Here's some pictures for everyone, I should do some before and afters...

Before:

You can see how badly the frame was mangled here:

Where we were as of yesterday morning:

The ol' girl as she lies now:

Where we ended up finishing last night:

As you can see, we've made a lot of progress! I just want to take the time to say thanks to everyone who has been helping and to everyone who has been following this thread! Sorry for the lack of updates, as you can see... we've been pretty busy!!

#27 ·
Lol!! I have considered the difficulties of this and have come to a conclusion.

Racecar > Comfortable female. Its either that, or she can be hunched over on the passenger seat of my Ducati. If a girl can't appreciate a cool car or a sexy bike... I dont need her in my life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.