if you could do it over would you get stick instead? - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: do you wish you had gotten a stick instead of the DCT?
heck yeah. i hate the DCT 17 37.78%
no way. love the DCT. sticks are for kids 28 62.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #81
Bombadil
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110973
What I Drive: 1997 Silver Acura Integra GS-R

FF Reputation: 1 Bombadil Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Ford should've had something better than the dumb thumb button to change gears with and either should've had paddle shifters or a straightforward manu-stick shifter. My mom had a '07 Miata and that was actually a fun shifting 6 speed and never had any silly quirks or hic-ups.
+1

I test drove the Focus DCT back to back against an Audi A3. Very similar transmissions but the Audi was much more fun to use. The manu-stick was a better driving experience than the little button. It is hard to believe that they went with the idea to use the button.

I like the DCT/DSG trannies. Been driving my Integra with 5-spd stick for years now but am seriously considering the Focus w/DCT or a used Audi A3 with Tiptronic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #82
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
"As with the majority of modern performance cars, Porsche has dropped the manual transmission option outright; buyers will get a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox whether they want it or not."

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEVA/130309935

Not that I've ever been into Porsches anyway, but that ruins any incentive I'd ever have to buy one (a new one, at least).

The day manuals disappear - and that day is coming quickly, it seems - is the day I happily hand over the driving to my Google Car.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #83
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Would you buy a stick

the concept on the DCT is great----its just a shame it doesn't function as it should yet....(so a stick just for less hastle with repeated dealer trips.....)

Bookmarks & Social Networks