I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 78 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #771
Buggy_Wang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 112118
What I Drive: 2013 Grey Focus Trend TDCi 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 Buggy_Wang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
Did you add the exhaust tip under the rear bumper, or is that the way they build them there?
Thank you Arco

This exhaust tip is standard for
2.0 GDI hatchback Sport
2.0 TDCi Sedan Trend
2.0 TDCi hatchback sport
in taiwan

(All 1.6Ti-VCT variants and 2.0GDI hatchback trend use hidden exhaust tip)

Last edited by Buggy_Wang; 03-27-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Add photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #772
Buggy_Wang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by byhoung View Post
Hello fellow taiwanese! Nice ride!

I just got a 2013 platinum white ford focus titanium hatch a week ago. This car is growing on me every day!
Focus MK3 is superb
My brother also owns a Focus (2007 white Mk2 2.0TDCi hatchback 6MT 136HP)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #773
Fresh1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102640
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fresh1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy_Wang View Post
I bought my Focus Trend 2.0TDCi(163HP) sedan this month
Really nice car, fun to drive, fuel saving!!

Recent trip computer record (Temporary switched from L/100KM to MPG)
Both ford sync and trip computer localized (Sweet!)

Some hot selling trim levels (2.0GDI Hatchback sport, 2.0TDCi Hatchback sport) needs to wait for several months for delivery.

It's assembled local in taiwan(Actually Mk2 also assembled locally).
All trim levels comes with PowerShift transmission as standard
Engines available: 1.6Ti-VCT (125HP),2.0 Ti-VCT GDI(170HP), 2.0 TDCi (163HP)
Very nice! And I think with the 2.0 TD you've got about 250 ft-lbs of torque on tap? Must be nice at low RPMs!

PS, do you know if your display is showing miles per Imperial gallon? (i.e. 3.8L/US gal and 4.5L/Imp gal) Still much better than here with petrol! (as they say across the ponds )
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #774
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Love this car so much I'm spending money on it!

My highest praise; I am spending money on frivolous things to make it look better in my eyes and for things that no one will see except that I'll know their there.

Can't make the tires squeal yet (Ti, Handling Pkg.), slammed a very tight reverse bank corner at 50 which I would never have even attempted in my other cars and not only did it not slide but it had no under/over steer that I could detect, it just went around the corner exactly as I pointed the steering wheel and that is about the worst case example that I have the courage to try without more safety factor if I loose it.

It's slower than my (loaded) Saturn Vue mini SUV but I don't need to accelerate any harder than it can do when pushed (at least at legal speeds) and the Vue is a wallowing pig in the corners or a quick lane change followed immediately by a return. In the Focus, I have yet to reach it's limits or to feel concerned by an S type maneuver at legal speeds. I'm not sure where I could drive it to find the limits without putting my new toy at risk of a curb slap or ending up in someones bedroom after I passed through their wall upside down.

This is a drivers cars, not a racer and that is exactly what I wanted. I looked at the rest, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda and several others and I was prepared to spend more to get what I wanted, a small sporty car. I never even considered a Ford, been a GM guy all my life but after all the problems I had with them and they are not considered major by most (ignition locks that leave you stranded and towed, seat belts that refuse to unlock putting your life in danger because you can't turn to see traffic) I went into this with an open mind expecting to spend 30 to 35K and planning to keep my 2000 Chevy Cavalier for another two years (ran great, rust, no a/c, front seat mount broken and no CD or Sirius - it had a cassette player!)

Saw a pretty car in the work parking lot (wow, that's hot looking, wonder what it is/costs, probably too rich for my blood/wallet), walk over, see that it's a Ford Focus - Whats that? Internet search, 160HP, anemic crap 4 banger, I am looking for at least 250HP, mention to Wife on phone from work on how good it looks but no balls. Get home, Wife is more than enthusiastic (she's been on the web looking at it) Honey it's cute and you do need a new car and I made an appointment. Sigh, please Wife, agree to LOOK but nothing else (anemic 4 banger runs through my mind).

Arrive at dealership, they are having a new one built about 500 ft. down the street opening on Memorial day and the current one is small and shabby but I have bought all of my cars from these guys for the last 25 years (all GM) and I excuse it. F.O.R.D. (Fix Or Repair Daily) running through my mind but remembering the reasons I am looking elsewhere keeps me open. They are having a sale (who is not, I think), they have two Foci left, day before the end of the sale, seems convenient to me but we look. They have a dark grey (the color I want) sedan and a Plat. white hatch (ug, white but this looks pretty darn good for white). We proceed to investigate.

Wife: (in sedan with salesman) "Honey, it talks and look at this..." I am already in the HB trying to see how it feels and---I like it... Test drive, damn, with three people in the car it accelerates acceptably if not rapidly, I could live with it. The handling stands out right away. Quirky shifting, salesman says it has an auto with double clutch -it's new- will get better, I accept it at face value, it's not really that weird, just different.

The car is really beautiful both inside and out, Wife comments on how quiet it is and I notice it at that time. Car rides over bumps firmly but with no shakes or rattles and feels ever so controlled and steady, sharp corner, Wife complains about what salesman thinks of my driving (how can I talk when we are being thrown back and forth from your testosterone?) Seals the deal for me, signed the paperwork that day.

I love the MFT and SYNC but the NAV is sh1t hot. Don't even think of complaining about it to me. Use a Garmin/whatever without it being connected to the car and tell me you like it, you must not have ever seen this thing in action in a city where update speed is critical. Don't care about the 'Maintenance Updates' just have to reset the backup camera line guides to ON since it looses that info and does a re-index of the USB drive, I listen to Serius while it is doing that.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #775
Buggy_Wang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh1 View Post
Very nice! And I think with the 2.0 TD you've got about 250 ft-lbs of torque on tap? Must be nice at low RPMs!

PS, do you know if your display is showing miles per Imperial gallon? (i.e. 3.8L/US gal and 4.5L/Imp gal) Still much better than here with petrol! (as they say across the ponds )

Hi Fresh

Yes! 250 ft-lbs , just like "punch in the gut"
But i still missing the roar of petrol engine at high-rev.
(Diesel clatter........ )

About the display , i believe it's in miles per imperial gallon.
(5.2L/100KM)

Convert to miles per us gallon ,it should be 45.23MPG

Last edited by Buggy_Wang; 03-28-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #776
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
My highest praise; I am spending money on frivolous things to make it look better in my eyes and for things that no one will see except that I'll know their there...
Thanks for the awesome review, PandT! I'm happy that you're having lots of fun in your Focus.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #777
BlueJay42
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111833
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BlueJay42 Good Standing Member
I fell for my Focus the first time I drove it. I thought for such a long time I wanted a Mini Cooper but after driving the Focus there was no comparison. This car is as much fun to drive as an adult go-kart, and the fact that its loaded with so many toys and gets such great mileage is simply icing on the cake.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #778
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I'm picture whoring today:

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #779
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^I think it looks very good. Love the calipers, they "pop".
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #780
BlueJay42
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111833
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BlueJay42 Good Standing Member
I could do with some pic whoring myself today...btw I love the painted calipers too...on my "to do list."

My Dynamic Duo, "Bonnie the Ghosthawk" and "BlueJay"

BlueJay sporting her new pipes in Old Towne Petersburg

Bookmarks & Social Networks