Bluetooth with MFT and Android 4.0.4 - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns098356GX View Post
Not to hijack the thread but I'm running android 4.3. Txt messages started showing up on my MFT screen, but after a master reset to the system, they no longer show up. Can I remedy this or change a setting to re-enable this? I rather like that feature.
It sounds like the factory settings were restored to silent during the reset. To turn them back on, press the menu button and go through the following:

SETTINGS > PHONE > SETTINGS > TEXT MESSAGING NOTIFICATION > select desired alert.

Let me know if this takes care of it, Burns098356GX.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 1,136, Level 18
Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
It sounds like the factory settings were restored to silent during the reset. To turn them back on, press the menu button and go through the following:

SETTINGS > PHONE > SETTINGS > TEXT MESSAGING NOTIFICATION > select desired alert.

Let me know if this takes care of it, Burns098356GX.

Jaclyn
Works. The text service isn't all that grand, but glad its a usable feature now.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,177, Level 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns098356GX View Post
Works. The text service isn't all that grand, but glad its a usable feature now.
I'm glad that did the trick! Definitely let me know if I can help with anything else, Burns098356GX.

Jaclyn

Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Problem persists. Tried reverse pairing and it worked for all of 2 seconds, the MFT voice hadn't even finishing telling me to use hand free conrols and pay attention to changing road conditions and the thing was already trying to reconnect to my phone.

To me it seems like everytime the phone slips into sleep or standby mode that it's dropping all bluetooth connections. It has never dropped during a call and I bet if I drove around pushing buttons every 30 seconds it would stay connected. But that kinda defeats the purpose of hands free.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
Problem persists. Tried reverse pairing and it worked for all of 2 seconds, the MFT voice hadn't even finishing telling me to use hand free conrols and pay attention to changing road conditions and the thing was already trying to reconnect to my phone.

To me it seems like everytime the phone slips into sleep or standby mode that it's dropping all bluetooth connections. It has never dropped during a call and I bet if I drove around pushing buttons every 30 seconds it would stay connected. But that kinda defeats the purpose of hands free.
That would be a setting in your phone, and not a problem with MFT...
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
vluc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10803
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Ebony

FF Reputation: 1 vluc Good Standing Member
My phone is rooted and has a custom ROM, and I have no issues with the MFT and the phone. Double check your phone settings.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
That would be a setting in your phone, and not a problem with MFT...
I never blamed MFT. But MFT owners are also phones owners and could potentially help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vluc View Post
My phone is rooted and has a custom ROM, and I have no issues with the MFT and the phone. Double check your phone settings.
Bluetooth settings are pretty limited, device name, visible time out and received files. I haven't been able to find any settings regarding the wakelock
Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,177, Level 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post

I've spoke with several owners who are experiencing a similar concern after the installation of Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4), MGbox. Did you perform a Master Reset before trying to Reverse Pair? If not, I recommend doing so, along with removing the SYNC pairing from your phone's Bluetooth menu, and pulling the battery to reset the Bluetooth connection.

Let me know if this helps!

Jaclyn

Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #19
mpstryker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112240
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Ford Fusion Hybrid

FF Reputation: 1 mpstryker Good Standing Member
Thumbs up Android 4.0.4 bluetooth pairing problems solved

Jaclyn has it exactly right. Her post was really helpful, and it applies to the older SYNC system as well as to the MyFordTouch that she described.

The Bluetooth issue with the Android 4.0.4 update for my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-I777) was its failure to pair with my 2010 Ford SYNC audio system. This failure seems to be caused the the loss of the ability to enter 6-digit pairing codes using Android 4.0.4. After the upgrade I could not pair the phone with the SYNC system, which generates a 6-digit random pairing code. Previous versions of Android distributed by AT&T for this phone did accept the 6-digit codes. Jaclyn's posting suggested a method for solving the problem using "reverse-pairing", outlined here:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...air-phone-sync

In reverse pairing, the SYNC system generates a plain 0000 pairing code, which is accepted by the phone. After the reverse-pairing, everything worked fine, including the phonebook download, music streaming and all SYNC functions I have tried.

I first removed all Bluetooth devices from the phone by unpairing them and powering the phone off and then on, and I then deleted all devices from the SYNC system. I did NOT do the Master Reset of the SYNC system that was suggested, though I suppose it would have done no harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone -

Like, feta_mgp said, this is an issue with the phone and not MyFord Touch. Many Android users have experienced concerns after the recent 4.0 (Ice Cream sandwich) update.

Any time an update is made to your phone or SYNC, we recommend resetting the system and pairing your phone again. Below are instructions for how to perform a Master Reset as well as Reverse Pair your phone. Certain phones hold the best connection when paired this way so I highly suggest giving it a try. Instead of the usual process where your phone finds SYNC, SYNC will find your phone:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

Jaclyn
Old 03-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #20
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
MGBox, my wife had the same problem as you with a samsung GS3 thru ATT and MFT 3.51 in her escape. After swapping the phone out thru att warranty claims the problem was still there. Eventually we figured out it was an app she had on her phone that was causing the problem. We tracked it down by deleting one app at a time until we found it, then reinstalling the others that were not causing a problem. That was about a month ago, and so far all is well.

BTW we were able to determine it was the phone when we paired her phone in my car and now my car had the problem and paired my phone in her escape and no problems. My car also has MFT 3.51

Also her phone has JB 4.11 and mine is also a GS3 with JellyBean 4.11, both are ATT i747's and they originally had ICS 4.04
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.