Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 128 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #1271
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Oh noes. :( lol What part of florida is your daughter going to? Ryan, my best friend who is helping me paint the car, was like hey wanna take a roadtrip to florida? I was like heck ya! Then a week later he was like hey is it cool if I bring my college buddies along? I was like sure! Then the week after he was like yeah idk if you would want to go....and basically made me not go. lolol But its whatever, Ill have fun sanding my car by myself....like a loner....hahaha
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #1272
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Oh noes. :( lol What part of florida is your daughter going to? Ryan, my best friend who is helping me paint the car, was like hey wanna take a roadtrip to florida? I was like heck ya! Then a week later he was like hey is it cool if I bring my college buddies along? I was like sure! Then the week after he was like yeah idk if you would want to go....and basically made me not go. lolol But its whatever, Ill have fun sanding my car by myself....like a loner....hahaha
I'd help but too far away
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 03-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #1273
miragesmack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65159
What I Drive: 2000 Sony Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 miragesmack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
She's at the Holiday Inn in PCB, the one they have to totally remodel after spring break every year. My kid would never do anything bad though...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #1274
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
She's at the Holiday Inn in PCB, the one they have to totally remodel after spring break every year. My kid would never do anything bad though...
whaaaaaaat thats crazy! Thats where Ryan is! lolol well idk what hotel, but I know alot of people at PCB so I guess it isnt too unusual. haha im sure she will be fine!
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #1275
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

well it all started last night. Im driving the car right now with no front bumper, and all the trim and everything is off. I broke the rear hatch trim when taking it off, all of the studs were rusted to the nuts. Today I am going to drill holes in the new bumper so I can have all of that done. Its too cold to sand today, but it looks like I should be able to wednesday thursday and friday. Then hopefully there will be a warm enough day to paint it. :)
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #1276
stealthzx3
Enthusiast

Fan#: 94260
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Pics of the car as you drive it! And i wanna see the current lip on the bumper

2003 EAP SVT #2752
Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #1277
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
well it all started last night. Im driving the car right now with no front bumper, and all the trim and everything is off. I broke the rear hatch trim when taking it off, all of the studs were rusted to the nuts. Today I am going to drill holes in the new bumper so I can have all of that done. Its too cold to sand today, but it looks like I should be able to wednesday thursday and friday. Then hopefully there will be a warm enough day to paint it. :)
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #1278
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Small update. Its been snowy and too cold to do anything. I finally got to drill the holes for the new bumper today. But i mgetting really discouraged, the curve for the plastic bracket to mount the bumper to the fender isnt the same curve. So it kinda lines up weird. The turn signals werent even drilled all the way. I had to drill those holes also, and the turn signals arent even lining up right. They stick out form the bumper a quarter of an inch I would say, so im not sure what to do. The foglight holes are a bit too small, the company forgot to put holes for mounts in the middle. Soooo I am just debating on selling it, im a bit nervous it may look a little too "fast and furious" for me. lol I am debating on just using the stock bumper and shaving the trim lines in it. You know the lines that go from the turn signals up to the front of the bumper? Those, I would fill them in so it looks cleaner and its something different. Plus that way I can use the lip I have. But, idk, I was looking forward to this new bumper all winter. Nobody has them because they seem to be pretty rare. lol Ill give it a few days and see what my buddy thinks, if all those problems are really worth it. But in the mean time, I sanded all my trim and sideskirts and all that stuff down today. It is going to be 63 saturday, im debating on painting all the small stuff and just putting it inside to dry...not sure yet though. Ill keep you all updated as I do anything else. :)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #1279
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
All I can say is get the dremel out. Even if you decide down the road that you don't want it, you can sell it for more if it's already been fitted.

Either that or sell it to me. lol

Just curious, is it a widebody bumper or do the fenders line up on your car already?
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #1280
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

The fenders line up on my car already. :D Okay soooo more updates, I have a feeling this may get long.

Ryan just left, this is his last week of work so he has alot going on. We havent really been able to talk about when we might be able to paint it or work on it together, plus I had questions on the bumper. I didnt really know what to do. So here is the plan. I am going to keep working with the RS collections replica bumper and get it to work. *APPLAUSE* lol. Anyone remember when I hit my moms focus wagon right before they totaled it? That dent is still there, it really isnt fixable. It made the end of the fender pop out, and I want everything perfect. So I just ordered a new fender, already primered. It was $60, but all my ebay sales paid for it so its no biggy. If I had the time I would have scouted out some euro fenders. haha Tomorrow I am going to shave down the plastic shrouding in front of the bumper, I need to relocate my ooga horn also. Its sitting where the fogs need to go. Then I have to go to the post ofice and ship ebay stuff, then run to work, while im at work I have to plan out a trip for ryan, my dad, ryans dad, and me. We are going to land between the lakes next weekend (offroading place) and I havent really planned anything....lol THEN on top of all of that, my uncle is having surgery for cancer, so I have family coming in town this weekend, so this weekend has been canceled out for any car modding unless my cousin wants to. Monday and tuesday I have work, but I will bust out the dremmel and grind down the area where the turn signals go when I have the time. Then I might have to actually cut down the signals themselves to fit perfectly flush...The quality of this bumper is rather crappy, there is extra parts from where the mold was, that makes the plastic clip for the bumper to attach to the fender be way off. I also have to use the dremmel for around the foglight holes, the fitment is off there too, not to mention I need to make some brackets for the fogs. Have I mentioned how much work this bumper is?! hahaha It will be worth it. After all of that, I have to fiure out a way to make two new mounts for the middle of the bumper...the company that made it didnt make mounts for those two. Anyways hopefully by then my fender will be in, and on wednesday I can do that and sand. Ryan has off wednesday, thursday and friday, so wednesday and thursday I will be working on sanding the car all day and making everything perfect. Thennn that friday saturday and sunday I will be at land between the lakes. here is the tricky part. That means I will have Monday-Saturday to paint my car, and thats it. Technically yes, if the weather isnt 70 and not rainy I could paint it the week after, but ryan will be gone. He leaves that weekend, on the 14th. Also, FX is having its first meet of the year on the 13th, but if I have to I can take the jeep down there or some other car.

DID YOU GET ALL THAT?! Good. So I may not be on as much the next few weeks, I will try to update every night what Ive been doing, even if its small. :D I can't wait for this to be all done!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->