Transmission problems cannot be fixed by dealer... - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #61
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I'm assuming the extra mileage the computer is detecting is because they put in new transmission parts? I'm saying my theory is that the defective parts (clutches/seals) was causing me to have less efficiency.
Probably reset the long-term fuel economy if it had a PCM update or possibly from the battery being disconnected for a while. Otherwise the long term mileage wouldn't have changed that drastically in 1 tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #62
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Points 2,280, Level 28
Points: 2,280, Level: 28 Points: 2,280, Level: 28 Points: 2,280, Level: 28
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
But they did the update like a month ago...
Today they just put in the new clutches/seals, they didn't say they did anything else.
Although perhaps when investigating my engine shutdown they did something.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #63
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 11,526, Level 70
Points: 11,526, Level: 70 Points: 11,526, Level: 70 Points: 11,526, Level: 70
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Are the DCT's in Europe experiencing the same issues as the North American market? I suspect that they are not as common as they are here due to the popularity of manuals.
Can't speak for all of Europe, but personally I am not experiencing any issues at all. I have zero noises, grinding, slippage, etc etc.
And the Focus forums I frequent UK, German, Dutch, owners are not reporting any issues.
The DCT250 offered in the EU Focus is mated to the 1.6L Ti-VCT 125hp engine only.
With the refresh Fiesta in Europe now offering the DCT250 in combo with the 1.6L Ti-VCT 105hp engine, I will keep an eye on the Fiesta forums.

Russian Focus owners that have the same 2.0L engine and DCT250 sourced from North America are having the same issues. Lots of clutches being replaced.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #64
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,284, Level 28
Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Can't speak for all of Europe, but personally I am not experiencing any issues at all. I have zero noises, grinding, slippage, etc etc.
And the Focus forums I frequent UK, German, Dutch, owners are not reporting any issues.
The DCT250 offered in the EU Focus is mated to the 1.6L Ti-VCT 125hp engine only.
With the refresh Fiesta in Europe now offering the DCT250 in combo with the 1.6L Ti-VCT 105hp engine, I will keep an eye on the Fiesta forums.

Russian Focus owners that have the same 2.0L engine and DCT250 sourced from North America are having the same issues. Lots of clutches being replaced.
I wonder if the extra torque is really causing the issue? I barely give my car gas on launch and it grinds. I actually would have been happy with that 1.6L since I was after better fuel economy.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
banksh0t
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111887
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 banksh0t Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi banksh0t,

I'm glad that your dealer repaired your Focus and you're back on the road again. If you need any assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact me.

Crystal
Well Crystal... the resetting of the PCM\TCM did not fix the problem as the car did the same thing to me today with the addition of completely turning off! I had to have it towed to the dealership. Needless to say I will be there firs thing in the morning to complain.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Week #3 and my car is still at the dealership waiting for a "back-ordered new transmission and clutch assembly."

I am not going to run down a list of what issues I have had with this car(as I've discussed that in length in previous posts and I'll just be to frustrated to list them all again lol) but my car has easily been at the dealership for over a total of 30 days in the past two years for non regular maintence related work.

The dealership has been relatively good with getting work done in time and communicating but it seems that now that I have pursued the legal route the processes have slowed down significant both with Ford customer service and the dealershhip(in terms of communication anyways).

I won't go into more details because I don't think I should but I've had this car more time in the dealership than I've actually driven it.
I really hope Ford takes care of future customers because unfortunately it's losing alot of current ones as myself and again as I've stated numerous amount of times. I love this car, I really do it's unfortunate though I've been able to enjoy it because of all the problems it's had.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #67
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksh0t View Post
Well Crystal... the resetting of the PCM\TCM did not fix the problem as the car did the same thing to me today with the addition of completely turning off! I had to have it towed to the dealership. Needless to say I will be there firs thing in the morning to complain.
Hi banksh0t,

Keep me posted on what happens at the dealership. Be sure to mention this to your regional customer service manager; they will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
... now that I have pursued the legal route the processes have slowed down significant both with Ford customer service...
Hi cappa,

If you've retained the services of an attorney, I can no longer assist because I do not have legal training. All communication must occur through our legal team.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
opies
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109709
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Points 398, Level 7
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I got my car back today and was told that Ford has instructed dealers to not replace anything. They are aware of the problems and are working on a fix. My SA, without any mention of the clutches or seal by me, said that Ford has specifically told them not to replace anything until they can find a permanent fix.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #69
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by opies View Post
I got my car back today and was told that Ford has instructed dealers to not replace anything. They are aware of the problems and are working on a fix. My SA, without any mention of the clutches or seal by me, said that Ford has specifically told them not to replace anything until they can find a permanent fix.
That's a copout. They are supposed to check for leaks that are affecting the clutches. know they've had trouble with bad seals. Have you contacted a customer service rep? There are a few here that can probably assist you but IMO the dealer is just not being truthful with you because they have no one on staff that can service that transmission!........
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #70
opies
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109709
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Points 398, Level 7
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick217 View Post
That's a copout. They are supposed to check for leaks that are affecting the clutches. know they've had trouble with bad seals. Have you contacted a customer service rep? There are a few here that can probably assist you but IMO the dealer is just not being truthful with you because they have no one on staff that can service that transmission!........
I believe I read somewhere that this is Fords new response to the transmission issues. Long term, it makes sense. At least Ford has acknowledged there is a real issue. My warranty is good until 2017/75,000 miles. I still have 4 years/30,000 miles on the powertrain warranty. Im not all that worried.

Yes, I have been in contact with a CSR. But other than them acting as a middle man, there is nothing they can do.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.