Fords Alan Mulally on MFT and Dual Clutch - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic
 
GhiaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50498
Location: Tallinn Estonia
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posts: 1,735
Points 11,696, Level 71
Points: 11,696, Level: 71 Points: 11,696, Level: 71 Points: 11,696, Level: 71
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fords Alan Mulally on MFT and Dual Clutch

Associated Press, question to President of Ford Motor Company Alan Mulally......
Alan, I was hoping that you could quickly discuss the Consumer Reports ranking . I know we have heard time and time again from Ford that you are fixing the issues with MyFord Touch. You are fixing the transmissions but it just still seems that consumers are giving you pretty hard knocks for those problems and I'm wondering what you are going to do?

Alan Mulally - Ford Motor Company - President & CEO
I think that clearly it's disappointing although we really do know the issues as you know and in some of them, especially the ones that are really contributing to the latest report, is led by not so much SYNC but the MyFord Touch on the information and entertainment side and also the new six-speed fuel efficient transmissions that we know what needs to be done on the redesign of those.

We have a number of the fixes already in on both. We have more to come and as you know, it takes time to go through the product line. So what the customers are saying and the feedback we've gotten with the new technology is really important to us and we're going to continue to continuously improve them going forward.


GhiaFan is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
cobie56
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84403
Location: northeastern, NY
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

Posts: 1,575
FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yadda yadda yadda.. actions speak louder than words....pr eyewash imo
cobie56 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
1slofofo
Adam
 
1slofofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92422
Location: Chicago, IL
What I Drive: Mk3

Posts: 2,151
Points 4,504, Level 42
Points: 4,504, Level: 42 Points: 4,504, Level: 42 Points: 4,504, Level: 42
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I don't mind the DCT chitter chatter, after a while I got used to it, tsb 123b7 removed the chatter, but it slowed it down quite a bit, too. I prefer loud and quick than slow and quiet.
__________________
Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 Satin Silver. Engine Cover w/ Sonic Blue Accents. Sonic Blue Door Grabs. KW V1 Coilovers. OEM Titanium Headlights. OEM Replica Spoiler. K&N Air Filter.
1slofofo is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 10,845
Points 12,106, Level 72
Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
I don't mind the DCT chitter chatter, after a while I got used to it, tsb 123b7 removed the chatter, but it slowed it down quite a bit, too. I prefer loud and quick than slow and quiet.
I'd probaly go for the same.^^^^^^^
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 10,845
Points 12,106, Level 72
Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Associated Press, question to President of Ford Motor Company Alan Mulally......
Alan, I was hoping that you could quickly discuss the Consumer Reports ranking . I know we have heard time and time again from Ford that you are fixing the issues with MyFord Touch. You are fixing the transmissions but it just still seems that consumers are giving you pretty hard knocks for those problems and I'm wondering what you are going to do?

Alan Mulally - Ford Motor Company - President & CEO
I think that clearly it's disappointing although we really do know the issues as you know and in some of them, especially the ones that are really contributing to the latest report, is led by not so much SYNC but the MyFord Touch on the information and entertainment side and also the new six-speed fuel efficient transmissions that we know what needs to be done on the redesign of those.

We have a number of the fixes already in on both. We have more to come and as you know, it takes time to go through the product line. So what the customers are saying and the feedback we've gotten with the new technology is really important to us and we're going to continue to continuously improve them going forward.
Basicly Mulally needs mpg out of these cars & has engineers to deal w/ that & this is their product. Seems like they= Ford needs to cut loose of a few bean counters, huh? Would you pay a extra 1000. to get a real DGS trans that works, Say like the VW one?
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
dan50
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91789
Location: Too much info, IL
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Posts: 1,185
Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To me, "redesign" sounds like hardware. Good news for future owners, maybe not-so-good news for current ones as I doubt Ford will voluntarily replace hardware on the 400-500,000 DCTs out there now...
dan50 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast
 
spektrum2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109690
Location: Peterborough, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

Posts: 181
FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
To me, "redesign" sounds like hardware. Good news for future owners, maybe not-so-good news for current ones as I doubt Ford will voluntarily replace hardware on the 400-500,000 DCTs out there now...
I agree,sounds like a "ok boys this aint working" to me.Mine works fine right now but...
Well just have to make the call before the sweet spot for trade in passes by I guess.Hopefully its just what we've heard so far and no catastropic failures as these things age that will make it famous and tank the trade in value.
__________________
Life is better if your Focused
spektrum2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think Mr. Big Boss Man Alan needs to pop an eye on the this forum himself. Nothing better than a CEO seeing first hand accounts of his product rather than through these "customer service reps" who just "pass along our information" to where I don't know...and, repeat.
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 10,845
Points 12,106, Level 72
Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72 Points: 12,106, Level: 72
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Basicly Mulally needs mpg out of these cars & has engineers to deal w/ that & this is their product. Seems like they= Ford needs to cut loose of a few bean counters, huh? Would you pay a extra 1000. to get a real DGS trans that works, Say like the VW one?
That was my whole point. Would you pay a additional 1000. for a DGS trans that works from the beginning? IDK what the optional auto cost, but tack on a $1000.00 on top of that. Who would go for that? I guessing for the mass consumer, probably not. Their theory is it's a Ford. Loose some bean counters & let some product that works out to the pupil.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast
 
Pendarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94411
Location: Fullerton, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 136
FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
That was my whole point. Would you pay a additional 1000. for a DGS trans that works from the beginning? IDK what the optional auto cost, but tack on a $1000.00 on top of that. Who would go for that? I guessing for the mass consumer, probably not. Their theory is it's a Ford. Loose some bean counters & let some product that works out to the pupil.
My DCT works great. Even better after the update. I think it's quality issues with a small number of parts from suppliers, not a design problem.
__________________
Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr Titanium Handling Package
Ordered: 01/28/12
Vin: 02/20/12
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Pendarus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat