How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #171
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100769
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES

FF Reputation: 1 King Hoonigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Installed mine last week, after a few days though the little led's on the bottom and the two led bars in the top corner of the light went out on the passenger side. Halos still working though. Tried messing around with that red tab and the connections to see if something came loose but nothing.So, i took out the red tab on the DRIVERS side and re-inserted it, now THOSE led's went out too. Im not too worried about it, i think they look better that way anyway, but does anyone know what the problem might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #172
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09RedSES View Post
What's up guys I just bought a new SES it's an auto ;( o well,

I want to do a headlight mod to it and I'm getting the exact same headlight as everyone else I guess, I have a few questions tho:

1: is it DOT approved so say I have a saftey inspection will it pass?

2: I also wanna do a fog light install with the 6,000k light same as my headlights will it be a bitch to install? also do the HiD's come with the halo housing or will I need to buy it separate?

3: Also I really want to do this myself but I don't really want to tear it apart, mainly because I don't know shit about cars
1. The store/site you buy them from will say D.O.T. approved if they are legal because it is a selling point for some people that want to install aftermarket lights (such as yourself)

2. I didn't know much about (this) car when I first started modding it but you learn very quickly and the fogs are not too difficult to install the 6,000k lights. Not sure exactly what you mean by, "Do the HiD's come with the halo housing or will I need to buy it separate".

3. Do it yourself, it makes you a better person inside
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #173
rubio9800
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111182
What I Drive: 2010,silver/black,Focus

Points 165, Level 3
Points: 165, Level: 3 Points: 165, Level: 3 Points: 165, Level: 3
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rubio9800 Good Standing Member
Hey guys,

I recently installed these on my Focus.

I'm looking to replace the H9 bulbs with better H9's anyone recommendations?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #174
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

Points 957, Level 16
Points: 957, Level: 16 Points: 957, Level: 16 Points: 957, Level: 16
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I got HID's from DDM tuning. 55w ballasts and 6K bulbs - amazing light. I never even turned the lights on with the factory bulbs that came with them.

My lights DO NOT like to both fire in the cold though - I've got to flick them on and off to try and get both lights. Sometimes I can only get the one, and even that is brighter than both of my original headlights.

If I park in the garage I get both lights no problems - damn cold...
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #175
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

Points 957, Level 16
Points: 957, Level: 16 Points: 957, Level: 16 Points: 957, Level: 16
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, when I installed my headlights I broke the tab on the turn signal connector on the passengar side - does anyone know where I can get a replacement connector?

I don't know what else uses this style - maybe an older car with the same plug I can find in a junkyard?
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #176
Miztaken1312
Focus Addict

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

Points 1,383, Level 20
Points: 1,383, Level: 20 Points: 1,383, Level: 20 Points: 1,383, Level: 20
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
Just got mine installed! They look great! Can't use my old hi/low H13 hid bulbs so I just ordered up my replacement bulbs from DDM. I can't wait to finish this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleQ View Post
Well, when I installed my headlights I broke the tab on the turn signal connector on the passengar side - does anyone know where I can get a replacement connector?

I don't know what else uses this style - maybe an older car with the same plug I can find in a junkyard?
I broke the tabs off all but one of the connectors. One of the front turn signals, and both of the tail light bulbs. They stay on with no issues. If you're really worried about it, hook them together with some zipties, or wrap it in some electrical tape.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #177
Snyper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96688
What I Drive: 2009 Black SE

Points 1,445, Level 21
Points: 1,445, Level: 21 Points: 1,445, Level: 21 Points: 1,445, Level: 21
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Snyper Good Standing Member
So I installed these the other day on my Focus. My parking lights no longer work. The signal lights work, but the actual light itself doesn't go on unless I turn the signal on. I know prior to the projectors, with the OEM lights, the parking light would be on when I switched it on in the car. Now, it doesn't go on at all, but power is going to the bulb since it works when I signal left or right. Any suggestions? I plan on doing switchbacks, so it'd be nice to get this problem solved. It's not a huge deal otherwise.

You can see what I'm talking about in the picture. The amber lights are not on, and they should be. Not sure if it matters, but I wired the Halo's to the fogs, so when I switch on the fogs, the halos go on as well. The headlight goes on with the normal headlight switch. I didn't change anything regarding the wire to or from for the parking lights.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #178
Miztaken1312
Focus Addict

Points 1,383, Level 20
Level Up 83% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
So I installed these the other day on my Focus. My parking lights no longer work. The signal lights work, but the actual light itself doesn't go on unless I turn the signal on. I know prior to the projectors, with the OEM lights, the parking light would be on when I switched it on in the car. Now, it doesn't go on at all, but power is going to the bulb since it works when I signal left or right. Any suggestions? I plan on doing switchbacks, so it'd be nice to get this problem solved. It's not a huge deal otherwise.
Are you using the bulbs that came in the housing? If so, have you tried taking the old ones out of the stock housing to see if they come on when supposed to?

You might also want to take the bulbs out of the projector housing to inspect them for damaged filaments. Even if they don't appear damaged, you should still check them with a multimeter for continuity.

I had the cheap halogens that came in the projectors die on me after 15 minutes of running. Both sides at the same time. You may just need to replace them with a higher quality bulb from Sylvania or Phillips.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #179
Snyper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96688
What I Drive: 2009 Black SE

Points 1,445, Level 21
Points: 1,445, Level: 21 Points: 1,445, Level: 21 Points: 1,445, Level: 21
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Snyper Good Standing Member
I have two sets of bulbs, and neither works. I was thinking of buying new ones (switchbacks) and then if those don't work, going from there.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #180
Miztaken1312
Focus Addict

Points 1,383, Level 20
Level Up 83% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
I just don't get why you'd mess with the wiring at all. Unless something changed on the headlight switch after 2008, its one turn for parking lights, and one pull for fogs. That turns on the halos and my fogs.

But as for the usual, have you checked fuses and relays etc as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.