MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #61
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Points 2,230, Level 28
Points: 2,230, Level: 28 Points: 2,230, Level: 28 Points: 2,230, Level: 28
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I searched in google for "2013 focus problems" and found this link: http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/fo...ssion-problem/
I pushed control+f and searched for "2013" and several people have had the same issues as me with their 2013.
Reading stuff like this makes me... really sad and pissed off. It's discouraging me from modding any further... as the car might turn out to be a lemon... in fact they all might be lemons after a read like that.
After my clutch system get's replaced i'm going to drive the car hard. really hard. I'm not going to waste any more time waiting for problems to happen. I'd rather have them happen sooner then later. If my car is also a lemon then it would be nice to find that out while it's still under warranty.

All I can say is... this new clutch system better be freaking perfect or else I"m taking the car in again and calling an attorney.

I'm sorry to anyone if I sound angry.. I dont mean to offend anyone. Its just that I spent $19k on my first car and apparently most of them are POS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #62
klb2sweet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111671
What I Drive: 2013, Tuxedo Black Metallic, Titani

FF Reputation: 1 klb2sweet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I searched in google for "2013 focus problems" and found this link: http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/fo...ssion-problem/
I pushed control+f and searched for "2013" and several people have had the same issues as me with their 2013.
Reading stuff like this makes me... really sad and pissed off. It's discouraging me from modding any further... as the car might turn out to be a lemon... in fact they all might be lemons after a read like that.
After my clutch system get's replaced i'm going to drive the car hard. really hard. I'm not going to waste any more time waiting for problems to happen. I'd rather have them happen sooner then later. If my car is also a lemon then it would be nice to find that out while it's still under warranty.

All I can say is... this new clutch system better be freaking perfect or else I"m taking the car in again and calling an attorney.

I'm sorry to anyone if I sound angry.. I dont mean to offend anyone. Its just that I spent $19k on my first car and apparently most of them are POS...
My 2013 is at the dealership with the same issue. They are replacing the new clutch system as well. My car is only 2 months old with a little over 1300 miles on it. Had it to the dealership 3 times for the same issue. First time they said just keep driving it, it will get better...NOT!!! We talked to the dealership about trading, but they won't give us what we paid for it, even though it's a LEMON!!! They want us to eat $7,000...not going to happen.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #63
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
My first car too - $26.5k. It has really left a bad taste in my mouth - I'll probably never buy a new car ever again. Kinda sad when you think about it.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #64
mishka
Focus Addict

Points 2,230, Level 28
Level Up 54% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Has anyone had their 2013 clutch system replaced and is already driving with the replacement clutch system? If so please let us know how it performs.

Yes, Praton, it's sad. I mean the car is the fastest in it's class and still gets 40mpg and less than $20k. If they could just get the transmission right it would be fine... I mean.. the car isn't perfect... but there is nothing else out there for this price that is as good (if you ignore the transmisson...)

Ford makes me want to smash things.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #65
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,835, Level 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 10%
Hmm - fordparts seems to infer that 2013s built after 2/13/2013 have a different clutch kit than those build from 07/23/12-2/12/2013. No one knows what's up with that though, right?

EDIT: Hmm - I can't even find the 7C604 (AE8Z-7C604-A) at a component level other than the exploded view and adding to the cart. I wanted to see if the actuators were superseded at any point in assembly.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 23,758, Level 94
Points: 23,758, Level: 94 Points: 23,758, Level: 94 Points: 23,758, Level: 94
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
It's kind of interesting to have watched (read) as you've gone from encouraging the 'Ford believers' to wanting to smash things. That's not meant to be a disparaging remark, just interesting to have watched it occur in 30 days.

I have empathy for those that have issues. While I don't have transmission issues (yet), I am plagued with the clunk. I understand peoples' frustration with having spent their hard-earned money (mine is a nearly fully-loaded Ti) on a vehicle to have to be told that their issues are 'normal' or that they simply need to drive it more. After watching the video and then following the Lemon Law link..

On the positive side, be thankful that you appear to have a decent dealership. They seem to be at least attempting to get your vehicle fixed, and that is a lot more than many of us have gotten. Hopefully all will turn out well for you in the end.
2014 FiST-
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #67
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

Points 26,169, Level 96
Points: 26,169, Level: 96 Points: 26,169, Level: 96 Points: 26,169, Level: 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have the extended warranty and I know at my power level the clutches are getting smoked at times so I am going to wait as long as I can and see how bad it gets. It is not the transmission mechanics or the clutches that are bad per-se, but the programming of the transmission shifts.

Ford needs to fire that idiot engineer who came up with that whole "torque hole filling" technique and let these transmissions shift like the automated manual transmissions they are. If people do not like a manual-like shift, then offer a regular automatic for those ies who like a slush-box (though many new autos shift nice and firm which is good).
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #68
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
The biggest issue has been Ford's response to the issue, lying about it being normal, not putting manpower into FIXING it, two years later and the issue is still prevalent. Whatever good reputation they've built has been completely and utterly destroyed.

All they've done is give us the middle finger in regards to repairing our broken vehicles.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #69
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,835, Level 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 10%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
The biggest issue has been Ford's response to the issue, lying about it being normal, not putting manpower into FIXING it, two years later and the issue is still prevalent. Whatever good reputation they've built has been completely and utterly destroyed.

All they've done is give us the middle finger in regards to repairing our broken vehicles.
Right?

If this PCM/TCM software were open source, you known damn well that it'd be fixed by now... and it would also be able to start in second gear to reduce wheel spin... and you could customize the shift harshness... no shudder from a start without needing to disable TC, and it'd have a pretty GUI.

(Assuming the issues are non-mechanical, of course.)
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #70
mishka
Focus Addict

Points 2,230, Level 28
Level Up 54% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
It's kind of interesting to have watched (read) as you've gone from encouraging the 'Ford believers' to wanting to smash things. That's not meant to be a disparaging remark, just interesting to have watched it occur in 30 days.

I have empathy for those that have issues. While I don't have transmission issues (yet), I am plagued with the clunk. I understand peoples' frustration with having spent their hard-earned money (mine is a nearly fully-loaded Ti) on a vehicle to have to be told that their issues are 'normal' or that they simply need to drive it more. After watching the video and then following the Lemon Law link..

On the positive side, be thankful that you appear to have a decent dealership. They seem to be at least attempting to get your vehicle fixed, and that is a lot more than many of us have gotten. Hopefully all will turn out well for you in the end.
It's funny, Dyn, I was thinking the same thing just before I read your post. I know a few days ago I was saying "have faith." Now i'm really pissed. I guess it's because it was confirmed by the tech (he called me last night) and said I need new clutch system. He told me that would probly be the case, but the stress and frustration didn't kick in until he called last night. The stress is literally making me sick. THe whole reason I bought brand new because I didn't want any problems.
Maybe I am being a little inpatient. Maybe I should chill and give it some more time, at least closer to end of my limited warranty, for Ford to come up with a "fix" or "update" or whatever.
If it is really just a computer/programming issue... they should be able to come up with a fix right?
Anyways, we'll see how this new "clutch system" performs.
Previously I had a computer update.
So far 2 times to dealer: 1 cpu update, 1 new clutch system

we'll see....

Bookmarks & Social Networks