EGR Delete??? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT
 
drostedrummer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69059
Location: Royal Oak, MI
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

Posts: 1,761
FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Mac View Post
right now city ill get about 300km till fuel light 50/50 highway and city is about 400km. havnt done a 100% highway yet.
your kidding, I get 300 miles city/highway, and far beyond that if i can keep 70 on the freeway. which is hard :)
drostedrummer89 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #22
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!
 
sgtsmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Fan#: 65000
Location: come find me, United States
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

Posts: 1,675
FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
lol ^^ it says 300km not miles bud, huge difference there, also i got the egr delete in my tune and yes i believe it does drop the gas mileage but i also have a full 3" exhaust as well as a 65mm tb with the tune as well so idk how much gas mileage i did loose but whatevs i love the gains that i got from it all even though they might not be huge gains im getting ready to get rid of the egr system soon to clear up the engine bay
__________________
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
sgtsmasher is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #23
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT
 
drostedrummer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69059
Location: Royal Oak, MI
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

Posts: 1,761
FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsmasher View Post
lol ^^ it says 300km not miles bud, huge difference there, also i got the egr delete in my tune and yes i believe it does drop the gas mileage but i also have a full 3" exhaust as well as a 65mm tb with the tune as well so idk how much gas mileage i did loose but whatevs i love the gains that i got from it all even though they might not be huge gains im getting ready to get rid of the egr system soon to clear up the engine bay
I know, he only gets 300kms, i get 300 MILES, which is 483 kms. I have a full 2.5" exhaust, 65mm TB, intake, and no name header.
drostedrummer89 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #24
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!
 
sgtsmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Fan#: 65000
Location: come find me, United States
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

Posts: 1,675
FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 View Post
I know, he only gets 300kms, i get 300 MILES, which is 483 kms. I have a full 2.5" exhaust, 65mm TB, intake, and no name header.

oh ok my b so he is getting horrible gas mileage... ok i get it
__________________
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
sgtsmasher is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #25
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT
 
drostedrummer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69059
Location: Royal Oak, MI
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

Posts: 1,761
FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
lol yea. if my mileage goes down to v8 numbers with the svt, I will pass haha
Posted via FF Mobile
drostedrummer89 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #26
arlenn
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 67609
Location: Vancouver, Canada
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

Posts: 1,304
FF Reputation: 16 arlenn Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Mac View Post
right now city ill get about 300km till fuel light 50/50 highway and city is about 400km. havnt done a 100% highway yet.
I get really, and i mean REALLY poor economy in the city, i can be as low as 350km. Then as much as 550km on the highway. I still have the EGR system.

Based on the highway being about right, i kinda think the little focus just really doesn't like stop go driving, or im driving like an ass, which is also possible. I certainly don't pin-it off ever stop, but i do hold my shifts, and rarely ever in 4th in the city.
__________________
"CD" Silver, 2002 ZX5, SVT Airbox.
arlenn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast
 
Trev FF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99052
Location: liberty, NC
What I Drive: 2000 Performance Red focus ZX3

Posts: 73
FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbikerider View Post
Yeah, mine is deleted as well. I put in an SVT Header though. I would prefer to have the SVT Header w/ EGR Connect, just for the added security. But in reality, you will be fine with removing it.
did the focus throw a code when you block off the egr and if so how do you get rid of it to pass emissions?
__________________
2000 infra-red focus zx3 5 speed
AEM short ram intake, Svt header, CAT, fsWerks flexpipe, custom red interior, SVT wheels, lowered on Eibachs, Halo Headlights. 3rd an hopefully last fuel pump
Trev FF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #28
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic
 
Magus2727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Fan#: 62897
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Posts: 3,508
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You have to get a tune otherwise you will get an EGR low flow and excessive flow (forget the two codes). This will show that the EGR is not working and also show a check engine light which in all cases I know will cause failure before they even scan.

A Tune will disable the EGR reporting to "NA". Since the emission systems are "universal" and some vehicles have systems that others don't it only "fails" or flags "Not Ready". If it says "NA" or "Ready" then it passes.

Some places also do an engine check along with the ODB II scan. If they have looked at many focus they will be flagged off the bat that your cat has moved. so may take a closer look. if they see things not hooked up that may raise a flag. so if you don't use the EGR then it may be best to remove it completely, or leave it in made to "look" like it is connected.

All depends on how intelligent and out to get you attitude the emission shop employee has. Most people with a Tune never have a problem, however some have (such as my self)
__________________
2001 ZX3 2.0L Zetec-
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Magus2727 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast
 
Trev FF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99052
Location: liberty, NC
What I Drive: 2000 Performance Red focus ZX3

Posts: 73
FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
You have to get a tune otherwise you will get an EGR low flow and excessive flow (forget the two codes). This will show that the EGR is not working and also show a check engine light which in all cases I know will cause failure before they even scan.

A Tune will disable the EGR reporting to "NA". Since the emission systems are "universal" and some vehicles have systems that others don't it only "fails" or flags "Not Ready". If it says "NA" or "Ready" then it passes.

Some places also do an engine check along with the ODB II scan. If they have looked at many focus they will be flagged off the bat that your cat has moved. so may take a closer look. if they see things not hooked up that may raise a flag. so if you don't use the EGR then it may be best to remove it completely, or leave it in made to "look" like it is connected.

All depends on how intelligent and out to get you attitude the emission shop employee has. Most people with a Tune never have a problem, however some have (such as my self)
ok thanks. ive been doing alot of research on this.. probly goin to get egr welded in. but the guy that does my inspection i kno him really well, so hed pass it but if it throws a code he cant pass it.. the inspection stuff goes through the computer in NC.
__________________
2000 infra-red focus zx3 5 speed
AEM short ram intake, Svt header, CAT, fsWerks flexpipe, custom red interior, SVT wheels, lowered on Eibachs, Halo Headlights. 3rd an hopefully last fuel pump
Trev FF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #30
trooper T/diesel
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111147
Location: rainier, OR
What I Drive: fixing SOHC focus, DDer 86 D troper

Posts: 67
FF Reputation: 1 trooper T/diesel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
any one tried deleting the EGR but still having it??

IE the system is still there making the computer happy, but its pulling in air from the intake?

http://mechdb.com/index.php/Ford_Escort_EGR_elimination

its a how-to for a escort, but the system is more or less the same...
trooper T/diesel is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.