Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 187 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1861
bacefocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111165
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus bace

FF Reputation: 1 bacefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
not a ton of mods to start i really want to start with strut braces and after ive got all 4 on probibly a cai oh yea probibly a lunchbox delete first scence i work at a shop and can use scrap pipe and weld it on my own time after that who knows id like to attend FocusFest but ill have to see how things go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #1862
IndyX3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111300
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 IndyX3 Good Standing Member
Hello all! I just purchased my third Focus. Bought my first one brand new when they first came out. I was very impressed with the car.

Being young and dumb at the time, I beat the hell out of the car and never had any issues with it.
A few years later I purchased an 04 SVT ZX5 with the European Appearance Package. I absolutely loved this car and was nearly in tears when I had to trade my baby in for a real baby lol.
Now I have a 90 mile round trip commute to work and my 540i just wasn't doing the job when it came to MPG's so I just purchased an 02 ZX3 5 speed.
One owner and he kept it well maintained. The interior looks brand new and the body only has on ding on it. It has higher mileage than I would have liked to have (145k) , but with all the maintenance records on hand I felt good buying it ($3200). Compared to the rest of the junk out there, this was a good deal.

Of course after driving for a week, problems have now shown.
I believe the wheel bearings are in need of replacement as when I am coasting to a stop (10mph to 0mph) , I am getting a humming noise from front end. Now the breaks are squealing. Last but not least , a suspension overhaul is due . I was aware of the suspension from the test drive.

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to getting to know you guys and gals. I will be driving this car until December when my son starts driving....
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #1863
rpm1021
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111715
What I Drive: 2013 Charcoal Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rpm1021 Good Standing Member
First Focus

Just bought a new 2013 Titanium yesterday. I had bought a new Fiesta last June, but a drunken college student slammed into it when it was parked and totaled it. Though I liked the Fiesta, I wanted a bit more power, so went up one level. Still working my way through the manual, but so far I like the Focus a great deal.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #1864
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thumbs up Welcome. I hope you love your Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm1021 View Post
Just bought a new 2013 Titanium yesterday. I had bought a new Fiesta last June, but a drunken college student slammed into it when it was parked and totaled it. Though I liked the Fiesta, I wanted a bit more power, so went up one level. Still working my way through the manual, but so far I like the Focus a great deal.
Welcome. I hope you enjoy your car and love it like we love both of ours.

My first piece of "advice": Don't let others' problems keep you awake at night. There are people here who have had problems, and there is no such thing as a problem-free car. If you EXPERIENCE an issue, you can find good information here. But don't let any of it poison your fun. Just my $0.02.

Meanwhile, tell us more. Options? Color? Post up some pictures? People here LOVE pictures, and they'll add to your fun by "ooh-ahh"ing over your car.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 03-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1865
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm1021 View Post
If you got the MTX that solved half your problems right there ;)

Welcome...
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #1866
Non_Sequitur
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111718
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 1 Non_Sequitur Good Standing Member
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Focus community, and to FWD applications in general. I purchased a 2013 Focus ST2 last Saturday to use as my DD. I really enjoy the little car, and I think that I'll probably add a few things over time to spice it up a little. I can't leave anything stock for long. I've been an owner and fan of early and late-model Mustangs for quite some time now, but this is my first foray into the world of FWD and turbocharging. Anyways, I found FF after searching on the internet for information regarding my new toy, and it seems like there is a wealth of information here. I hope to learn some more about my car, and, just maybe, I might be able to help someone else out on occasion. Thanks guys!
- 1997 Bright Red Mustang Cobra Convertible (Vortech S-Trim)
- 1986 Wimbledon White Mustang LX Coupe 5.0 (Project in the works)
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1867
JSko7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111886
What I Drive: '04 SY SVTF & '03 DSG Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 JSko7 Good Standing Member
Hey! I am new to the forum and working on finding my first SVT Focus. All I have owned up and to this point has been Mustangs, and it is time for a little change. I haven't had the chance to drive one yet, but I have ridden in one and they seem like a bunch of fun. Can't wait to get myself into a SVT Focus and enjoy something different.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #1868
BlueJay42
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111833
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BlueJay42 Good Standing Member
Hey everybody,

Just purchased a used 2012 candy blue 5dr SEL. My first hot hatch.
I must admit I had wanted a Mini Cooper for a long while but after shopping around the Focus is SO much more bang-for-the-buck.

For the last ten years I havent owned a car that didnt have the support of an online community. A Google web search popped this site and it didnt take much reading to realize this is an avid group of gearheads, so is there a better place to be?

I also have the long standing habit of naming my cars, hence my screen name "BlueJay" which will soon grace the license plate of my Focus. I've only had the car two days, but I cant imagine how a Mini could possibly have been more fun to drive. I love all the toys the car is equipped with (still learning!) but more than that is the feel of driving an adult go-kart.

I'll be using the car for daily commute chores but I also hope to take it out to play for the occasion road course track day. Maybe a 2nd set of wheels/tires just for that. I'm also a big believer in slotted rotors and how much braking power they add. Aside from a subtle exhaust mod (give me nice tone but nothing loud) and replacement K&N air filter, I dont think I'll be leaning toward any heavy engine mods. Reliability and maint will be the order of business there.

Thanks in advance for the info I'm sure you will provide, and I look forward to miles of smiles in my new toy.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #1869
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Welcome everyone!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #1870
washerdreyer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111883
What I Drive: '12 Ingot Silver SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 washerdreyer Good Standing Member
Hi all-

Just bought a '12 silver hatchback SE yesterday. Really excited about it, don't know if I'll be doing any modifications in the future, but will be checking in here to make sure I know what I'm doing as far as maintenance goes, and to get ideas for anything I might want to do if the budget allows.

Bookmarks & Social Networks