Upgrade to leather ??? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
01lariatcrew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99203
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame SES Sedan #063

FF Reputation: 2 01lariatcrew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To my knowledge a Ford IDS is needed to reset the occupant classification system (the system that determines when there is a person in the r/f seat). If not reset, an air bag lamp will likely illuminate and store some DTC (diagnostic trouble codes). As stated by Mac.mogul, the harnesses under the seat and the HVAC control unit are plug n play (meaning no wiring changes).

In addition, the leather is not the highest quality, but here in MI, it is nice to have heated seats. I have noticed that some Canadian SE models have heated cloth seats which may work if you don't want swamp ass. As far as cleaning up any spills by the other passengers, leather is way easier ;).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
mercuryman788
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 78788
What I Drive: 08 Focus SE, Ice Blue

FF Reputation: 1 mercuryman788 Good Standing Member
I upgraded to leather a few months ago and have loved it. I didn't even realize that they were heated until I was just about to install them, so I just wired in an aftermarket switch to run the relay that was still attached.

You've got me on that airbag light though. I guess I did not do the swap in the proper order and have my light on. So, by the sounds of it, I can take it back to the dealer and they can reset the occupant classification system? I've shied away from going back to the dealer since I've done some customization (turbo, interior swap, suspension) and figured they would just have no idea what it was and say I messed it up. For the record, the seats have all of the original air bag equipment from the original seats.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #13
01lariatcrew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99203
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame SES Sedan #063

FF Reputation: 2 01lariatcrew Good Standing Member
If the donor car was in a wreck, check the pretensioners (accordian looking thing attached to the buckle) to see if they went off (deployed). If they did, the buckle will be shorter than a non-deployed pretensioner. I swapped the pretensioners from my original driver seat as the donor car had a deployed driver pretensioner. That may also set a warning light.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
mercuryman788
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 78788
What I Drive: 08 Focus SE, Ice Blue

FF Reputation: 1 mercuryman788 Good Standing Member
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar. Holding them up side by side it was obvious with the difference, but I guess during the swap I just thought it was a different style since I was also upgrading from the SE to the SES seats. Funny thing is that the leather is my second swap since I had originally swapped it out for black cloth. So, to not totally thread jack, be mindful of the pretensioner if you do the swap.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #15
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Car when I bought it

5 by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Car Now

IMG_0299 by DarderSauce, on Flickr

I know what you're saying with pretensioners. When I was fixin my I had to send them to CA to get them reset, no one around here does it. I had no idea that could even happen until I talked to members on here. If you are throwing out relevant information there is no way you can thread jack.

Ya I figured the leather wouldn't be the best quality but I take care of my stuff and I would love seats that were as easy to clean as leather. Right now my passenger seat has what looks to be a water stain on it. No one else would ever see it but it bothers me and that's all that matters. As for the leather door panels, I can live without them. I guess I didn't think about cloth absorbing more sound than leather but I suppose that may be true.

Thanks again for all the relevant info guys, it is very VERY much appreciated.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #16
Rubix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109903
What I Drive: 2011 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Rubix Good Standing Member
Has anyone ever replaced the cloth seats with katzkin leather?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #17
Rubix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109903
What I Drive: 2011 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Rubix Good Standing Member
Anyone??
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have only seen one or two people that have done it on here but I can't remember their names or what kind of leather it was. Sorry

Bookmarks & Social Networks