Tweeters in 2nd Gen's? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 20 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
You will want them 2-3" below ear level in the pillars.

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Here is where mine are mounted:
Galatians 6:14
Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94974
What I Drive: 10 Focus coupe / 94 Lightning

FF Reputation: 1 popwarhomie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Place them in different spots with sticky tape and see where you like them best. Everyone has different opinions on what sounds best.
A lot of mods.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
Gazookz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82103
What I Drive: 2011 Metallic Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 5 Gazookz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have two mids and tweeters per front door as of now. I don't have pictures but I have videos on my YouTube. Here's a video of my setup (I just ripped out the entire trunk to rebuild a box):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du9nFJtr1To

If you skip ahead to 2:42 on the video I show my doors. The sound is phenomenal.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazookz View Post
I have two mids and tweeters per front door as of now. I don't have pictures but I have videos on my YouTube. Here's a video of my setup (I just ripped out the entire trunk to rebuild a box):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du9nFJtr1To

If you skip ahead to 2:42 on the video I show my doors. The sound is phenomenal.

Whats your box specs? I currently have 4 cubes net and went through hell getting it in the car. Yours looks even bigger.

Bout to do a new setup. Either going to run 4 AT Strato 10s in 4 cubes on an AQ3500.

Or 2 HDC4 12s on the 3500.

Id kinda like to do the HDC4s and try and chase 150DB but 4 10s would be fun too.

How did you get your wiring into your doors?
A lot of mods.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwarhomie View Post
Whats your box specs? I currently have 4 cubes net and went through hell getting it in the car. Yours looks even bigger.

Bout to do a new setup. Either going to run 4 AT Strato 10s in 4 cubes on an AQ3500.

Id kinda like to do the HDC4s and try and chase 150DB but 4 10s would be fun too.

I was also looking at the stratos but ended up going with Sundown SA 10's. Honestly I wouldn't put 4 stratos on that AQ3500... They are solid subs and definitely stronger than the 400rms they are rated but about 9oorms is pushing it on them. There is a guy here in Tyler that has 4 strato tens on a audiopipe 1500rms and they are getting down very nicely. But the problem you will run into with 4 tens is sub placement. There is not enough room to fire them all forward or back.
Galatians 6:14
Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
I was also looking at the stratos but ended up going with Sundown SA 10's. Honestly I wouldn't put 4 stratos on that AQ3500... They are solid subs and definitely stronger than the 400rms they are rated but about 9oorms is pushing it on them. There is a guy here in Tyler that has 4 strato tens on a audiopipe 1500rms and they are getting down very nicely. But the problem you will run into with 4 tens is sub placement. There is not enough room to fire them all forward or back.
Going with Stratos because of box requirements. They only need .8-1.0 cube each.

They will be running around 600 rms each.

The AQ3500 does 4300 RMS. I had one in my truck.

I already have the box worked out. They will fit no problem. 4 10s firing forward with room for 6" aero.
A lot of mods.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
Gazookz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by popwarhomie View Post

That box was about 4.25 cubes before port/sub/bracing displacements and each sub had about 1.5 cubes each after all displacements. The Sundown Zv3 12's shine with only 1.3-1.5 cubes when you run high amounts of power to them.

For my doors I ran Knukonceptz Bi-wire. It has four 12AWG wires bundled into a sleeve to make it easier to run by only having to run it one time for 4 wires and it is completely round and I luckily squeezed it into a 4 gauge grommet.

As far as getting the grommet in the door jam; I took the front two doors entirely off and right under where the factory wires go into the door jam there is a small spot where you can drill a hole. I drilled the hole after removing the interior trim and making sure I could reach my hand in the tiny square the factory leaves you to have access to that stuff. All you do from there is mount the grommet and put the door back on. Then feed your wire through and into the door. It is kind of tricky to realign the doors so if you haven't removed a door before I'd recommend getting help. For the rear doors there was a plastic cover covering a hole the same size I needed for the grommet so there was no drilling involved for the rear. Just removed interior and mounted it and fed it through the door and be sure to not let it kink up. Run it similar to how the factory wires are ran and leave enough slack to open/close the door.

Getting a 150 from the trunk of any car is harder than many think. Only a few people have been able to manage it and even then it's with a severely modded car. But it's definitely something lots of people chase; me being one of them lol. The closest I got was a 148.3dB with a 45Hz tuned box. It helps to use heatshrink around the wire to help protect it too. And make sure you have a round set of wires to avoid any leaking.

Here's some pictures for the wires:

Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #19
Gazookz
Focus Enthusiast

Wow...I totally didn't mean for that to be similar to a how-to lol. I couldn't find pictures for my fronts but those are the rears...

Also, I preordered the new Sundown Zv4 12's....so my Zv3's will be for sale when those arrive around June or earlier if you're interested.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Thank you. I have been wanting those Z V4s since I first saw jacob post pics of them

Been subscribed to you for a while on youtube. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to SBN last second.. :(
A lot of mods.

Bookmarks & Social Networks