Manual trans in 08-11 - Page 17 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #161
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53726
What I Drive: 2010 Coupe Blue Flame Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 pmason718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejedor View Post
The story on my car is that the dealership ordered it for a customer. Ford took to long with building the car so he just bought a Mustang off the lot.

The salesmen said at the time, October 2009, Ford was only doing a run of coupes when they had enough orders for them.

On a whim, I stopped by the dealership and saw the car. This was in March 2010.

The salesmen said that no one wanted the car because it was a 5 speed. He also said that the younger folks that actually wanted the car could not get the fincancing.

I told him I had to have it because it was a 5 speed. A few hours later I was driving home in it.

I donít regret my purchase at all. Itís a fun car. Plus, as I am finding out its fairly rare.
Def a cool story. So are you saying that the focus in general (2nd body style) is rare or the coupe is rare or the 5sp coupe is rare just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #162
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
coupe ≠ rare
manual trans = rare
coupe w/manual trans = rare

For some reason our gen of car didn't come with a manual very often, a lot of the ones out there were built for a person like that.

As I stated somewhere in a previous post, mine was one of two in the state of Texas when I bought it.
SR #233
Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #163
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
It amazes me that the 5 spd is rare. I have an SES, would a 5 spd be more popular in a S or SE? I bought the SES only for the better suspension set up and the up and down adjustable driver seat. In 08, the 6 way driver seat was exclusive to SES and SEL. Just plain dum.

My main complaint is no rear interior light. So annoying when you are a parent of a little one. Signing off
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #164
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 Ford Focus View Post
It amazes me that the 5 spd is rare. I have an SES, would a 5 spd be more popular in a S or SE? I bought the SES only for the better suspension set up and the up and down adjustable driver seat. In 08, the 6 way driver seat was exclusive to SES and SEL. Just plain dum.

My main complaint is no rear interior light. So annoying when you are a parent of a little one. Signing off
My ex had a 08 coupe when it first came out and two yrs later (2010) we had a son and not having a light in the rear was annoying I just picked up a 2010 coupe and it has the light in the rear I have a SES 5sp Coupe
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #165
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKrause View Post
coupe ≠ rare
manual trans = rare
coupe w/manual trans = rare

For some reason our gen of car didn't come with a manual very often, a lot of the ones out there were built for a person like that.

As I stated somewhere in a previous post, mine was one of two in the state of Texas when I bought it.
Thanks for the info I figured all three but just wanted confirmation. I have a coupe which I don't see at all and its manual, lol
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #166
Stic-o
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110855
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Stic-o Good Standing Member
wish mine was a stick

but at least it will be easier to sell later on in LA
The Off-Roader ~'99 Explorer XL 4x4
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #167
DerrekForreal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53921
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Hatchback - 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 DerrekForreal Good Standing Member
Just bought a 2010, Black on Black SE with a 5-speed, 24k.

There are stick shifts around this area (WI), but not a lot of them. Had to keep my eyes peeled for a few weeks before one came up that I felt was priced right.

There are currently two 2-door 5-spds for sale in my area; one blue '09, one black '10.

(I went with 4 door for easier backseat access and easier Thule rack connection).
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #168
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
My ex had a 08 coupe when it first came out and two yrs later (2010) we had a son and not having a light in the rear was annoying I just picked up a 2010 coupe and it has the light in the rear I have a SES 5sp Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 Ford Focus View Post

Funny you should say that,

I found a junked 2010 and got the headliner out of it, cleaned it up, wired it to the front and installed it. All in all it took about an hour, few things though, the hooks in the back WILL need to be replaced. They aren't designed to come out. When you go to get the rear dome (if it didn't come with it) ignore what Ford says, they are wrong, when you order the rear dome for a 2010-2011 they send the one for the 1st gen wagon and hatch. The one you are looking for (and this is funny) is the front dome or map light Assembly out of the first gen vehicles. I know that sounds weird but when I FINALLY got to see one in person STOCK I knew I had the wrong one, I have the one with the map lights AND the dome light, which still works.

Love the thing now but figured I would let yall know.

-VonKrause
SR #233
Old 03-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #169
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stic-o View Post
wish mine was a stick

but at least it will be easier to sell later on in LA
Don't be too sad, you have a sterling grey SES coupe which, if I'm not mistaken, is the most 'uncommon' combination for the 2nd gen Focus. As far as I know, the SES coupe colors included a red, a blue, silver, and black. I did not know that the SES coupe could be ordered in Sterling Grey Metallic. (I've never seen one until now)
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #170
Stic-o
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110855
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Stic-o Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Don't be too sad, you have a sterling grey SES coupe which, if I'm not mistaken, is the most 'uncommon' combination for the 2nd gen Focus. As far as I know, the SES coupe colors included a red, a blue, silver, and black. I did not know that the SES coupe could be ordered in Sterling Grey Metallic. (I've never seen one until now)
Only thing that would make it perfect would be charcoal interior, leather and a stick. Other then that I like it!
The Off-Roader ~'99 Explorer XL 4x4

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->