2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #221
Johnny Sticceno
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108460
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Johnny Sticceno Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fair enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #222
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Sticceno View Post
I factory ordered my 5 door and it came into the dealer today. When I went to take a look, I saw the tail lamp was rough (chipped, scratchy) and that it was flush against the paint so there would be damage soon enough. When I pointed it out to my salesman he said he'd have his guys look at it, but that he'd never seen/heard of that before. Is there anything I can do to get them to remedy the issue before it causes damage if they all say they don't know what I'm talking about?
Tell them to use their heads ... logic 'should' tell them that hard plastic (hard anything) on paint will wear it away. But then again, we're talking Ford and logic ... doesn't seem to mesh well right now.

I had to put in a warranty claim (which was approved, but only after some paint had been worn off), but even after the 'fix' (replaced tail light), the same issue was there. Took the car in for a routine oil change and the guy just looked at me funny when I said it was the same issue. All he said was that it was fixed. I wanted to punch him right there.

If your dealer doesn't acknowledge, I'd apply a washer or two to the affected tail lights like others have done. That's what I'm going to do when it warms up a bit more here.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #223
jyax82
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72426
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE HB, 5spd of course

FF Reputation: 1 jyax82 Good Standing Member
I saw this thread the other night and checked my car today. It's only got 1400 miles on it and sure enough the left rear has chipping at the very bottom of the light and is rubbing through at the very front of the light. Just called the dealer and left a message, I guess I'll see how this goes.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #224
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109690
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyax82 View Post
I saw this thread the other night and checked my car today. It's only got 1400 miles on it and sure enough the left rear has chipping at the very bottom of the light and is rubbing through at the very front of the light. Just called the dealer and left a message, I guess I'll see how this goes.
So you have damage you can see without removing the light?I'm asking because mine are tight at the front both sides but no visible wear that I can see.I'm waiting for a warm day to take them out and check underneath them.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #225
jyax82
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I had both, under the light at the front is pretty well covered but through the lens you can see something not right and a smallish chip at the bottom most corner above the rear wheel well. The plastic on the lens is very rough. But to see the damage on the front I had to remove it. Which was easy to do, just follow the owners manual.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #226
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I had both, under the light at the front is pretty well covered but through the lens you can see something not right and a smallish chip at the bottom most corner above the rear wheel well. The plastic on the lens is very rough. But to see the damage on the front I had to remove it. Which was easy to do, just follow the owners manual.
I looked mine over closely couldnt see any damage but this is really bugging me now after reading all this.I'll take them out this W E regardless of the temp.

Thanks jyax82
Old 03-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #227
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Hi jyax82,

I want to get your regional customer service manager involved. Send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) and I'll get to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrum2 View Post
...mine are tight at the front both sides but no visible wear that I can see.I'm waiting for a warm day to take them out and check underneath them.
Hi spektrum2,

Have you contacted Ford Canada so they can assist? Give them a call at 1-800-565-3673 and they'll be happy to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #228
jyax82
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Just got back from the dealer. They were very helpful and the guy in the body shop seemed to be familiar with the problem. They took photos to send in for the warrenty claim tomorrow, so hopefully should have an answer in the next couple of days. I'm very glad I found this thread and discovered the problem early. Thanks, Crystal for your help as well!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #229
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Just got back from the dealer. They were very helpful and the guy in the body shop seemed to be familiar with the problem. They took photos to send in for the warrenty claim tomorrow, so hopefully should have an answer in the next couple of days. I'm very glad I found this thread and discovered the problem early. Thanks, Crystal for your help as well!!!
Good to hear! Yes this forum is a great resource for keeping ahead of potential problems and for info.Lots of knowledge here.Let us know about the warranty claim.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #230
Btravelen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106375
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium 5 dr. Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 Btravelen Good Standing Member
I have an appt. next week to have this addressed with mine. I went out and checked last night and the plastic is right up tight against the paint, both sides.. Sheesh..

Bookmarks & Social Networks