Hidden Menu DTC's, What do they mean? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
I might be, I've only done it once like three months ago when I read about it on here. I'll have to try again to be sure. YOUR OTHER RIGHT LOL!!
Lol. That's about the same time I last tried as well. Its useful for testing out chimes, gauges, etc., but most of it is just jibberish.

Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Randomly decided to go into test mode today and also saw that I have the 0850:62 dtc code. That's all.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
Also have an error code DCT C140_00

Cannot find any exact match and i'm going to call the dealer about it but a quick google search delivered this answer

C1400 Traction Control Valve RF Circuit Failure

MIGHT explain another thread of people having a better running machine from turning OFF the traction control??

Think i'll try it myself
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #14
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
Also have an error code DCT C140_00

Cannot find any exact match and i'm going to call the dealer about it but a quick google search delivered this answer

C1400 Traction Control Valve RF Circuit Failure

MIGHT explain another thread of people having a better running machine from turning OFF the traction control??

Think i'll try it myself
That DTC code is stored in the IPC itself. It does not store or display DTC codes from other modules.

The meaning of that code is: Lost communication with body control module.

You can ignore it unless there are obvious symptoms of a malfunction.

It's not unusual for these kinds of codes (Lost communication with...) to get stored in the IPC because of high network traffic or a transitional state of a communication bus.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's not unusual for these kinds of codes (Lost communication with...) to get stored in the IPC because of high network traffic or a transitional state of a communication bus.
Ohh now that i understand, basically it's like network bottlenecking right? One module is busy so it's not receiving the information from the OTHER modules in a timely manner according to the sending module so it's punching out an error.

Makes me wonder why in the 21'st century they don't use some kind of central processing for automotive use. I can understand separating systems in certain environments but something like a CAR where you need faster communications between devices like traction control and such it seems a single controller is the way to go.

Maybe they're afraid that too many wires running to a single device would scare technicians.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #16
eyeballeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87226
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SE with sport appearance

FF Reputation: 1 eyeballeater Good Standing Member
Anyone here know what these mean:
C140_00
C121_00
C131_00
C151_00
C101_00
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
Ohh now that i understand, basically it's like network bottlenecking right? One module is busy so it's not receiving the information from the OTHER modules in a timely manner according to the sending module so it's punching out an error.

Makes me wonder why in the 21'st century they don't use some kind of central processing for automotive use. I can understand separating systems in certain environments but something like a CAR where you need faster communications between devices like traction control and such it seems a single controller is the way to go.

Maybe they're afraid that too many wires running to a single device would scare technicians.
There are several bus technology's and communication protocols that work that way by design. Interrupts, bus busy, module busy, comm timeout and such are just normal operation in those.

Anyone know what the bus is in our cars?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
There's a service tip on the ford tech website:

Quote:
6361 - 2012-2013 Focus - Various Drivability, Transmission Shift/Engagement Concerns and/or DTC’s – Service Tip
Some 2012-2013 Focus vehicles may exhibit engine start concerns no crank, no start, hard start, intermittent start, noise during start and/or various automatic transmission concerns in Drive or Reverse when shifting from Park including no engagement, delayed or intermittent engagement. With or without a powertrain diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) P06B8, P0805, P0809, P0850, P087A, P087E, P0884, P283A, P2831, P2832, P2835, P2836, P2837 May also set DTC P0700 without any accompanying fault codes. Prior to following normal diagnostics, first check G-104 for good body to ground contact. If ground eyelet can be rotated by hand, torque fastener to 12 Nm and verify eyelet cannot be rotated. If no issues are found, follow normal diagnostics.
I passed this one up yesterday until I realized that I have the P0850_52 DTC... hopefully this will fix my transmission issues? Though, I'm sure my clutch is already toast.

Bookmarks & Social Networks