KSport Coilover Issues - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 svt 2.3 swap thing

Points 4,909, Level 44
Points: 4,909, Level: 44 Points: 4,909, Level: 44 Points: 4,909, Level: 44
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
KSport Coilover Issues

Well, I am beyond frustration to say the very least.

I bought my KSport coilover setup from THMotorsports for an excellent deal. Everything looked awesome and I couldn't have been more happier with my purchase. However during the install, the driver's side shock came preassembled with a seized locking nut on it.

Well after an hour or so we gave up with the hex being nearly stripped. I have contacted Ksport and am getting the runaround. This is what they told me:

"That nut is not welded to the shaft, we torque each one here to 45 lbs. The nuts are lock nuts to eliminate the chance of loosening during vehicle movement and shock travel, and must be removed with impact while the shaft is held in place In a way not to damage the shock shaft. I have no clue why they are even trying to remove it first of all, as they are locking nuts, not intended to be removed".

This is just ridiculous! We were trying to remove the locking nut that they shouldnt have put on there in the first place in order to install it on my car. I do not know if I they are going to give me a replacement or not and I sure as heck dont want to buy another shock setup for $200. I had even provided them with photo evidence of their manufacturing defect.

So as of right now I have all of their suspension installed on my car except for this one rear shock (I have a frpp shock installed in its place right now). I am left with a shock that has a stripped hex shaft thing and a seized nut. Needless to say I will never be getting anything Ksport again.

What am I suppose to do?

Last edited by RPMisChris; 03-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Damn man that sucks . Sorry to hear your having issues. Whatr you gonna go with next

Sent from my LG-LG730
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Points 4,909, Level 44
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
Damn man that sucks . Sorry to hear your having issues. Whatr you gonna go with next

Sent from my LG-LG730
I would like to somehow finish installing this suspension without having to shell out more money on it. If I had known this was going to happen I would have just bought H&R's or something.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Understandable . Wish i could get the woman to even let me get a nice spring / strut combo lol. If i bought coils , she would behead me

Sent from my LG-LG730
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Svt_kid
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94202
What I Drive: 2004 Silver zx5 Svt

Points 987, Level 16
Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Svt_kid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought mine from the same people took a little longer to arrive but they came the day before i left to europe. Try an impact wrench, that will break it loose for sure seeing as the hex is stripped this might be the only way. just dont hold it down for long or the shaft will spin and bust a seal inside.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Points 4,909, Level 44
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
I am taking it to a shop and spending money that I shouldnt have to get it installed. We will see if they do the right thing and acknowledge the defect that came from the factory first.

Last edited by RPMisChris; 03-12-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,341, Level 56
Points: 7,341, Level: 56 Points: 7,341, Level: 56 Points: 7,341, Level: 56
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Well how did the rest of the install go? I've been contemplating that setup for my '07 as well...From all the ksport threads ive read this is the first time ive heard of this issue. Hopefully its just an oversight on their end and they make things right with you.

Do you have any pictures from the install? And even the picture of the stuck nut? Keep us updated please
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,465, Level 68
Points: 10,465, Level: 68 Points: 10,465, Level: 68 Points: 10,465, Level: 68
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMisChris View Post
Well, I am beyond frustration to say the very least.

I bought my KSport coilover setup from THMotorsports for an excellent deal. Everything looked awesome and I couldn't have been more happier with my purchase. However during the install, the driver's side shock came preassembled with a seized locking nut on it. BroncoBoy, myself and like 5 other guys tried to get the nut off of the shock by placing the hex key in the shaft and using an open ended wrench.

Well after an hour or so we gave up with the hex being nearly stripped. I have contacted Ksport and am getting the runaround. This is what they told me:

"That nut is not welded to the shaft, we torque each one here to 45 lbs. The nuts are lock nuts to eliminate the chance of loosening during vehicle movement and shock travel, and must be removed with impact while the shaft is held in place In a way not to damage the shock shaft. I have no clue why they are even trying to remove it first of all, as they are locking nuts, not intended to be removed".

This is just ridiculous! We were trying to remove the locking nut that they shouldnt have put on there in the first place in order to install it on my car. I do not know if I they are going to give me a replacement or not and I sure as heck dont want to buy another shock setup for $200. I had even provided them with photo evidence of their manufacturing defect.

So as of right now I have all of their suspension installed on my car except for this one rear shock (I have a frpp shock installed in its place right now). I am left with a shock that has a stripped hex shaft thing and a seized nut. Needless to say I will never be getting anything Ksport again.

What am I suppose to do?
Wow, Chris thats a real bummer. All the nuts are suppose to come in a plastic bag w/ the bushings.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Points 4,909, Level 44
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
So here is the daily update:

I took the shock to a reputable suspension shop today. They got the nut off but they said the nut had been crossthreaded on and for whatever reason tightened down with loctite. WTF!!!

So I had the shop call NICK J from Ksport. The shop explained the situation to him and he claimed that the top nut did not need to come off for install (which it does). The shop informed him it does and faxed him multiple instructions and publications on how to install his own product.

At this point he continued to argue with the suspension shop and refused to acknowledge the problem. I have continued to email him back and forth with pictures and written proof of the manufacturers defect. I cannot even imagine that this guy didnt even know how to install his own product. This is complete bull.

Needless to say he is still giving me the run around and essentially refusing to honor their warranty. If NICK J from KSport does not honor this warranty and ship the replacement out tomorrow, I will be forced to take KSport to small claims court.

Let this be a warning to us focus guys... Do NOT order KSport unless you are desperate!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,465, Level 68
Points: 10,465, Level: 68 Points: 10,465, Level: 68 Points: 10,465, Level: 68
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMisChris View Post
So here is the daily update:

I took the shock to a reputable suspension shop today. They got the nut off but they said the nut had been crossthreaded on and for whatever reason tightened down with loctite. WTF!!!

So I had the shop call NICK J from Ksport. The shop explained the situation to him and he claimed that the top nut did not need to come off for install (which it does). The shop informed him it does and faxed him multiple instructions and publications on how to install his own product.

At this point he continued to argue with the suspension shop and refused to acknowledge the problem. I have continued to email him back and forth with pictures and written proof of the manufacturers defect. I cannot even imagine that this guy didnt even know how to install his own product. This is complete bull.

Needless to say he is still giving me the run around and essentially refusing to honor their warranty. If NICK J from KSport does not honor this warranty and ship the replacement out tomorrow, I will be forced to take KSport to small claims court.

Let this be a warning to us focus guys... Do NOT order KSport unless you are desperate!
Wow, Talking 'bout cruddy customer service. Thats one more reason to go w/ popular brands. I've had nothing but excellent service from tirerack.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks